70 53.85%
  • Don't Know

25 19.23%
  • No

35 26.92%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

are you leaving after ICC?

I don't see the point of cataclysm and above. i liked cataclysm and loved mop but i dont see the point in calling either classic because they dont have that classic feeling vanilla, tbc and wrath had. i dont plan to stick around if they decide to go to cata. how about you?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

We'll likely see an eternal SoM WotLK server for those who don't want to "leave" ICC. I doubt they'll do eternal WotLK servers as the Classic version of this idea was a massive failure. (Even SoM hasn't been hugely popular... but it has its own pretty dedicated subculture; I can see WotLK enthusiasts fitting nicely in there.)

I predict a vast majority of Classic players will be looking forward to the #SomeChanges version of Cataclsym which will inevitably proceed from WotLK.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter how many #somechanges they make to Cata, Dragon Soul will always be an awful, misbegotten raid. And Firelands will still be a tiny raid.

Only the first tier of Cata was any good, the expansion is beyond saving no matter how many small changes they make.

And MoP will always be deeply unpopular with lots of players (especially Classic enthusiasts) because of the Asian/Panda theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have any plans to keep playing wow if they announce cata, i actually agree with the statment above me, cata is beyond salvation, matter the amount of tunning done.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, voted no NO on thread i should have voted yes.

Will leave, might return for Legion or another BC server

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    No matter how many #somechanges they make to Cata, Dragon Soul will always be an awful, misbegotten raid. And Firelands will still be a tiny raid.

Only the first tier of Cata was any good, the expansion is beyond saving no matter how many small changes they make.

And MoP will always be deeply unpopular with lots of players (especially Classic enthusiasts) because of the Asian/Panda theme.
    Yeah the original Cata raids were quite good... when they weren't just completely bugged. And after that the other raids are just meh.

But yeah, I don't think they shouldn't continue Classic beyond Wrath and should instead just re-release the first 3 versions as seasons or whatever from time to time. I do want to "re-experience" stuff from the old expansions (incl. the zones and quests), but I think they can just do much more with timewalking on retail, rather than giving us a Classic version for each version.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it's kind of a meme at this point in Classic but invariably every time someone asks "When was [Cool feature that I really like] added?" the answer is Cata. I'd be much more hyped for Cata classic than I am for Wrath classic. If anything I'm more likely to take a long vacation in the middle of Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post

If they looked over all the massive flaws of Classic and TBC Classic they can get over their irrational hatred of Pandas. :P
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Yeah cause I didn't like cata I don't think anyone should have the chance to experience it.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I want Cata, its the most fun I had in WoW. Ill also be staying after cata. I want to relive all of the expansions, even the bad ones like WoD

I left after shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't "classic" once you get past LK
    /s

To me, Cata is the end of Classic. Everything went to shit after that.

I can't see going on to daily-fest, with shitty talents, and pandas telling me they love beer everywhere I turn.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    No I want Cata, its the most fun I had in WoW. Ill also be staying after cata. I want to relive all of the expansions, even the bad ones like WoD
    WoD would be over fairly quickly to be fair. The 'selfie patch' would be baked in with the base patch leaving only 1 patch for WoD and that would be just Tanaan and the raid.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Classic" kinda ends after wotlk with the world rewamp does it not?

I'm leaving on DF release, maybe even before.

I think they can get away with Classic Cata & MoP, but WoD would require way too many changes for it to be worth it for them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    I think they can get away with Classic Cata & MoP, but WoD would require way too many changes for it to be worth it for them to do.
    Honestly the biggest change to WoD that is needed is just releasing everything faster. If you crammed all of WoD into a single year it would be pretty good.

"Yes". Shortly after I'm done with heroic LK and the Glory achievements for ICC, I will be going casual for the remainder of WotLK and just mess around, maybe play some more alts.
    Don't care about Halion and as far as Cata is concerned (shold they make it), I see no reason to play that over retail, so once the Cata pre-patch happens, I'm gone completely.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-09-02 at 09:09 AM.

Classic ends for me (and most guidlies) after a few HC LK kills.
    95% chance i won't continue playing after that unless there are some GOOD ideas for WotLK+... which is very unlikely.
    I do not even care about Ruby Sanctum (unless it is same phase with ICC).
    I am totally not interested in horrible Cata so my +20 years journey with Blizzard ends at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine so. Can't really see myself playing hard after Wrath and into Cata, even though Cata was awesome and I had a lot of fun.

We'll see I guess. That depends if they even go to Cata, or maybe announce something else.