5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Haha, that's a good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kante View Post
    Haha, that's a good one.
    The cops likely thought it was a protest by the Taxi drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    You know the one thing that does bug me here is that IF he did jump by his own choice because of depression, then we're making light of an illness.

I don't think he did, but depression can be a real bitch.
    Or we're just acknowledging that Russia is a shit hole which makes its populace suicidal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly not wanting to live in a shit hole while you watch your fortune evaporate is a pretty good reason to commit suicide.
    Bruh, whatever happens - you can be sure that oligarchs and elites there won't be thinking how they are going to put that black caviar on a bread tomorrow.

Their assets are safe and secure overseas in dozens of offshore entities that nobody even knows belong to them in reality. Same goes for their living standards - don't you worry, if they'd need to import yet another brand new supercar - they can, the sanctions for them are mostly an inconvenience and the struggles of rank and file Russian citizens as result of this shit are very far from their backyard.

Now sure, you can have some dumber ones getting offguard, the noveau riche types that did not have enough time to grow some fat. But you can bet it won't be a head of board of fucking Lukoil.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thng that will actually bump them is either talking too much (as in this case), nuclear war or another bolshevik revolution.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It's amazing how stupid those people think others are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    It's amazing how stupid those people think others are.
    Now, you will be making report on what I said as truth. Windows known to be very dangerous, eh comrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Maybe he was describing one of those return to sender missiles that the russians fire and ends up hitting themselves with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Now, you will be making report on what I said as truth. Windows known to be very dangerous, eh comrade?
    All jokes aside, IAEA inspectors likely don't have much to fear in that regard, but that doesn't make it a good idea to just not play along for the moment when at the site, after all, even having access to begin with is something happening at the "grace" of Russia allowing IAEA in to inspect ZNPP.

I doubt the IAEA will overtly show blame to either side as a means to keep in the good graces of Ukraine and Russia. A between-the-lines reading might indicate that they do not believe in Russia. But there's likely not going to be a "This place is in danger and Russia is the blame." kind of report.

It will almost certainly have a "The power station needs to be demilitarized and both sides need to make sure not to attack the area." in it. Where anyone who has more than 2 minutes of knowledge of the war knows they mean Russia, but being diplomatic as to keep access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They do love their hospital suicides but they've got options. Just do a drive-by within spitting distance of the Kremlin or something. It's hardly as if Russia doesn't have multiple options for people to "conveniently" kill themselves/be the victim of a random act of violence. It's just a coincidence the victims are almost all critics of the current regime. Could happen in any country.
    Guns are hard to come by in Russia because the Ukraine has been taking possession of all Russian Weaponry en masse over the past few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin has spoked. You have 2 weeks to get more shit for him.

https://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-pu...e-land-1739154
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Nord Stream 1 offline indefinitely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...ost_type=share
    To be honest I think it's a good thing. Frees our governments from having to do shady back alley deals with ruSSia to keep the spice flowing. Also once we have established alternatives to zero ruSSian energy it's much easier to stay at zero.

My landlord sent me a letter to consider paying €50 more per month utilities or if I don't want to give them money already to at least put some on the side and not be surprised about the bill later. Yeah well, I'll have no problem paying my bills. I hope my government makes sure everyone else can pay theirs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    To be honest I think it's a good thing. Frees our governments from having to do shady back alley deals with ruSSia to keep the spice flowing. Also once we have established alternatives to zero ruSSian energy it's much easier to stay at zero.

My landlord sent me a letter to consider paying €50 more per month utilities or if I don't want to give them money already to at least put some on the side and not be surprised about the bill later. Yeah well, I'll have no problem paying my bills. I hope my government makes sure everyone else can pay theirs too.
    only 50 euros? I was told to save 250 euros a month extra.. which i dont own.

Meanwhile as counter to rising electricity costs, Finland is introducing a VAT discount for electricity while adding a form of welfare specifically targetting people who may have hard times paying for electricity. Which is not really a big issue. What comes to heating, Finland pretty much imports 100% of its gas from Russia, but less than 10% of the finnish households actually rely on gas for heating.

Russian fantasy of bringing Europe to it's knees the coming winter is a result of their fucked up world view - most of them living in piss poor conditions, without basic necessities like indoor plumbing (lacking that in 20% of the russian households), without the ability to fathom the plentiness most europeans live in (hence why they steal home appliances etc en masse like they would be products of luxury) - so they believe that gas/electricity price would somehow make Europe scream in terror in practical everyday life during the winter, with people freezing to death.

Amusing, really, when seeing russian shitposters spreading this freezing winter panic myth on various places. Poor things.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Meanwhile as counter to rising electricity costs, Finland is introducing a VAT discount for electricity while adding a form of welfare specifically targetting people who may have hard times paying for electricity. Which is not really a big issue. What comes to heating, Finland pretty much imports 100% of its gas from Russia, but less than 10% of the finnish households actually rely on gas for heating.

Russian fantasy of bringing Europe to it's knees the coming winter is a result of their fucked up world view - most of them living in piss poor conditions, without basic necessities like indoor plumbing (lacking that in 20% of the russian households), without the ability to fathom the plentiness most europeans live in (hence why they steal home appliances etc en masse like they would be products of luxury) - so they believe that gas/electricity price would somehow make Europe scream in terror in practical everyday life during the winter, with people freezing to death.

Amusing, really, when seeing russian shitposters spreading this freezing winter panic myth on various places. Poor things.
    I don't think that's a complete fantasy for eastern europe. Not all of Europe has the disposable income of Finland. In countries were people live salary to salary, the extra expense bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think that's a complete fantasy for eastern europe. Not all of Europe has the disposable income of Finland. In countries were people live salary to salary, the extra expense bites.
    Yeah, but we have all seen the generosity of Russia, they are not friends - they'd rather enslave you to be at their mercy. Far better to take the harsh hit for now and permanently be free of anything russian for prosperous future, be it gas or whatever. It is no wonder some eastern european countries have pro-Russia people when they don't see the fact that Russia is the one blackmailing them, resulting in them suffering but the blame is somehow put on EU itself.

Weirdly enough russians are burning the excess gas near finnish border, instead of storing it for selling them to more obedient "friends". I guess some environmental damage is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Yeah, but we have all seen the generosity of Russia, they are not friends - they'd rather enslave you to be at their mercy. Far better to take the harsh hit for now and permanently be free of anything russian for prosperous future, be it gas or whatever. It is no wonder some eastern european countries have pro-Russia people when they don't see the fact that Russia is the one blackmailing them, resulting in them suffering but the blame is somehow put on EU itself.

Weirdly enough russians are burning the excess gas near finnish border, instead of storing it for selling them to more obedient "friends". I guess some environmental damage is better?
    I am not at all saying we should not break economic ties with Russia (we should have started it back in 2009, sped it up in 2014 and been done before this decade started). But let's not pretend this is not going to be a painful winter for a lot of people, and far more painful in some countries than others.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-02 at 07:40 PM.

To add. Russia is being sanctioned for their genocide. Russia also is the one who decided to separately blackmail the world and Europe with food sabotage (via ukrainian grain ships) and Russia also decided to cut off gas because their war machine-benefitting methods were not accepted regarding payments etc.

The blame solely lies on Russia, but many countries namely in Africa don't see the big picture - easy to blame the entity who resists an aggressor via sanctions when this shit happens far from them - instead of blaming the entity who directly is responsible for various crisises.