Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New patch notes are out, you cannot get Gladiator in 1v1 Rated Solo Shuffle - WHY?

The new patch notes are out, every title and reward other than Gladiator can be earned.

Why is this? The game is already balanced around 3v3. It will by far be the hardest bracket to get Gladiator/Rank 1 in as you won’t be in voice and have to constantly make the best out of a bad situation, you won’t be able to just spam games with a cherry picked cheese comp. It's independent so you can't be carried.

It seems like allowing R1/Gladiator to be earned in Solo Shuffle would make the bracket more popular and competitive. What is Blizzard thinking? There should at minimum be a Solo Shuffle gladiator equivalent title and reward separate from normal glad.

Quote Originally Posted by xxseanathanxx2005 View Post
    The new patch notes are out, every title and reward other than Gladiator can be earned.

Why is this? The game is already balanced around 3v3. It will by far be the hardest bracket to get Gladiator/Rank 1 in as you won’t be in voice and have to constantly make the best out of a bad situation, you won’t be able to just spam games with a cherry picked cheese comp. It's independent so you can't be carried.

It seems like allowing R1/Gladiator to be earned in Solo Shuffle would make the bracket more popular and competitive. What is Blizzard thinking? There should at minimum be a Solo Shuffle gladiator equivalent title and reward separate from normal glad.
    While i agree in principle i am inclined to say: Tell me when they add a gladiator mount that isn't fugly again.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The current season one's look nice Lol.

Yeah that's a weird choice, but blizzard has a history of cucking new features and trying to push them at the same time.

Hopefully they change this decision, it's going to just not make people want to rank up.

The current season one's look nice Lol.
    Is it still the retarded shadowdragonthing?

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Is it still the retarded shadowdragonthing?
    Yessir, indeed it is lolol

- - - Updated - - -

Amazingly ironic that the patch notes say "The Nokhudon Proving Grounds will be available to queue for as the only map in the pool for queued arena, including Solo Shuffle. So queue up Gladiators - we look forward to your feedback and we’ll see you in the arena!"

They want gladiators to do solo shuffle but don't want to reward the title in the bracket? eh?

Yessir, indeed it is lolol

- - - Updated - - -

Amazingly ironic that the patch notes say "The Nokhudon Proving Grounds will be available to queue for as the only map in the pool for queued arena, including Solo Shuffle. So queue up Gladiators - we look forward to your feedback and we’ll see you in the arena!"

They want gladiators to do solo shuffle but don't want to reward the title in the bracket? eh?
    Again you are definitely correct on the gladiator stuff, but frankly the only memorably good gladiator mount in memory is from all the way back in tbc (though the frostwyrms were also decent for their time i suppose).

But no accounting for taste i suppose and i've got a feeling the Dragonflight mounts will be worthwhile at least (i mean it's hard to fuck up with so many dragon options around, though admittedly not impossible), so in that sense i share your concern and nuisance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Their reasoning is (I'm sure) that solo shuffle is too random, too many variables out of your control to be a fair assessment of your personal skill.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Their reasoning is (I'm sure) that solo shuffle is too random, too many variables out of your control to be a fair assessment of your personal skill.
    Seems like pretty failed logic. All the top players will be all the current gladiators and R1s, not some random bad who got lucky.

There was an interesting conversation about this on Twitch the other day, and I think the consensus was that it makes sense to have some kind of unique rewards (but not necessarily a Gladiator title). Another option was something like "Solo Gladiator" type title so that it's unique but it's not exactly the same. For example, if solo-que is spec-specific (which hopefully it is?), then it might be something like "Relentless Retribution Paladin" or similar.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

PvP is an after thought as it should be. It has never been taken seriously. PvP was introduced in a patch and it should be treated as such.

So, can't earn the mount, but can you earn everything else like the weapon enchants etc?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Because they're obsessed with keeping 3v3 the real end game for PvP, when it has and continues to have atrocious participation levels, and every other bracket is worse because no rewards, or the average player just grabs their elite set and AFKs the rest of the season.

The entire system needs an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    PvP is an after thought as it should be. It has never been taken seriously. PvP was introduced in a patch and it should be treated as such.
    Shows you wasn't here when WoW launched, open world pvp was there day one. I played on a pvp server when WoW launched. And servers had the options of PVP/PVE servers from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Shows you wasn't here when WoW launched, open world pvp was there day one. I played on a pvp server when WoW launched. And servers had the options of PVP/PVE servers from day one.
    Organized PvP definitely was an afterthought, and even PvP was not really meant to be much.

There was no reward structure or reason to PvP other than... being able to? PvP at launch literally had no reason to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Organized PvP definitely was an afterthought, and even PvP was not really meant to be much.

There was no reward structure or reason to PvP other than... being able to? PvP at launch literally had no reason to exist.
    It may come as a shock to you that back then people actually played for fun. World PvP and making PvP videos was in fact so fun that many people raided for the sole reason of obtaining better gear to go gank people with.

That was the time when the players were making the content themselves , because they enjoyed the game. Modern players are programmed to running the endless hamster wheel while complaining the whole way.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    It may come as a shock to you that back then people actually played for fun. World PvP and making PvP videos was in fact so fun that many people raided for the sole reason of obtaining better gear to go gank people with.

That was the time when the players were making the content themselves , because they enjoyed the game. Modern players are programmed to running the endless hamster wheel while complaining the whole way.
    Okay? Doesn't change that it was literally an afterthought? I don't care whether people enjoyed it or not, I am not making any statements on that.

What's your point.

I can see class comps mattering to much... it's the same reason why you can't get the mount in 2s isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I can see class comps mattering to much... it's the same reason why you can't get the mount in 2s isn't it?
    Err.. Do you know that Solo Shuffle is 3v3 except with randomized teams and everyone plays with everyone? It is the very antithesis of class comps. Yet it is 3v3. It should award Gladiator. In fact it should award something on top of that. I think it has the potential to be the most competitive and skillbased mode of all arena.