Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Did you start Shadowlands late?
    Yeah. Guess what was reason for it? At least ZM gives me 1.5k/day. Situation was much worse at release. Anima grind wasn't sustainable back then.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah. Guess what was reason for it?
    Too much to do? Unmotivated to do the available content? Surely no FOMO then it seems. Real life issues then?

At least ZM gives me 1.5k/day.
    Kinda low amount but if you choose to gimp yourself, that is of course your own choice.

Situation was much worse at release. Anima grind wasn't sustainable back then.
    Of course, it wasn't, you weren't meant to get everything right away, and you needed to work up the currencies to achieve more - a little like back in the day with Valor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Too much to do? Unmotivated to do the available content? Surely no FOMO then it seems. Real life issues then?
    Simple math was needed to calculate amount of grind, that was required for completing 9.0 content. Half a year of non-stop 100% WQs every day grind per character without taking mission table into account. I thought, that it was way too exceeding grind. I could have relied on future nerfs, but I said to myself "Nerfs first - my money then". And at the end it isn't even nerfed enough.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple math was needed to calculate amount of grind, that was required for completing 9.0 content. Half a year of non-stop 100% WQs every day grind per character without taking mission table into account. I thought, that it was way too exceeding grind. I could have relied on future nerfs, but I said to myself "Nerfs first - my money then". And at the end it isn't even nerfed enough.
    So, you do not have a FOMO problem really, you are just disgruntled because you are now behind because you didn't wish to do like other players and play the content when it was current, and now complain that you aren't able to experience it right away, or to keep up with what is to be done?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So, you do not have a FOMO problem really, you are just disgruntled because you are now behind because you didn't wish to do like other players and play the content when it was current, and now complain that you aren't able to experience it right away, or to keep up with what is to be done?
    No, it was obviously exceeding FOMO back then. Now it's barely bearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it was obviously exceeding FOMO back then. Now it's barely bearable.
    Now it is getting confusing. You elected to miss out of limited-time rewards, you have access to everything on your list, and all you have to do is play the game.. and that is the FOMO for you? Actually having to manage personal time and play a game on one of the lowest levels to receive rewards from said game even with multipliers and nerfs?

Now it is getting confusing. You elected to miss out of limited-time rewards, you have access to everything on your list, and all you have to do is play the game.. and that is the FOMO for you? Actually having to manage personal time and play a game on one of the lowest levels to receive rewards from said game even with multipliers and nerfs?
    What I try to say is actually very simple. Grind was unmanageable back then. Actually, if I would have been doing mission table back then, my anima income would have been negative. Grind is barely manageable today. And I just want it to be easily manageable at least by the end of xpack. Plus Blizzard should never do it again. It was bad back in MOP, it's bad now and it will be bad in new xpack too.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-09-05 at 01:52 PM.

...I highly suggest just unsubscribeing to this thread with this guy we've said the same thing to him for years let him be in his own personal hell of his own creation it isn't worth the braincells

10+ Year Old Account
    What I try to say is actually very simple. Grind was unmanageable back then. Grind is barely manageable today. And I just want it to be easily manageable at least by the end of xpack. Plus Blizzard should never do it again. It was bad back in MOP, it's bad now and it will be bad in new xpack too.
    But your complaint is only built on you not taking charge for progression and story, and now you feel overwhelmed because you are so behind that there is so much to do that you don't feel able to manage it. This has not changed since what.. TBC? No, Vanilla.

Now content is the easiest it gets without being completely obsolete. You gain more and faster, and there is not that many gates ahead of you. It literally can't hold your hand more unless you want to get dragged through the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...I highly suggest just unsubscribeing to this thread with this guy we've said the same thing to him for years let him be in his own personal hell of his own creation it isn't worth the braincells
    Wise words.

Grind was unmanageable back then.Grind is barely manageable today.
    first of all, thats not even true... i grinded ZERO anima during whole SL, all anima i got was from things i would do anyway for other rewards, yet i got enough anima to buy all cosmetics and now sit on about 100k with nothing to do (i will turn it into gold soon)... just bcs you CHOOSE TO IGNORE 90% OF THE GAME doesnt make it fault of the game, its YOUR FAULT

second, more important, that have FUCK ALL to do with FOMO... which has been said to you 12097459834 times in this thread already

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    probably the best way, you are not supposed to argue with crazy people after all
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-09-05 at 02:09 PM.

Finally decided to abandon Anima grind yesterday. Will abandon mission table today.

Do you understand, that SL is considered to be bad xpack for reason? Not because it has terrible story or because it had "meaningful choice" systems. But because it doesn't have bearable and sustainable content.

Because there is one common thing in all features, we don't like in this game. Be it mandatory rep grind or borrowed power grind. It's just shorter to say "I hate FOMO", than "I hate to spend all my free time on mandatory time-gated grind, instead of just doing what I like".
    Based on your posts, you don't raid, you don't do keys, you don't run content higher than heroic dungeons or open world daily quests.
    There is absolutely NOTHING that you do that is FOMO. You could still be running dailies on the broken shore to pick up drops that you didn't get. They're all out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Mission table grind isn't FOMO. Why are you like this?
    "...just imagine if we got a Drust focussed shadowlands instead of the 3d printed robot power tier titan horseshit instead. What might have been eh?" -dope_danny

No. What I try to say - is that any reward in this game has it's life time. It's by design, because Blizzard follow "Only relevant content in this game - is current content" rule. If it's not got within that time frame - it's wasted. So fear of missing those rewards within their life time - is exact definition of FOMO.

For example: do you really think, Blizzard won't cut mission table rewards in DF's pre-patch? Do you think, it's enough to just level mission table followers to 60lvl just for sake of leveling them to 60?
    Hang on, so now you’re saying that things changing at all induces FOMO?

You’re taking issue with time itself?

You think Blizzard-induced “FOMO” is bad… I have terrible news about what awaits you in a few decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Honey I’ve read this whole thread.

You’re right that this is your psychology and maybe there’s nothing you can do about it.

There are options to get people to help you with it.

At some point though you need to look at the world and understand that everyone is different.

You can’t just expect whatever game company you like to design a game for your psychology. It’s yours, and millions of people don’t share it. The game is fine for them.

If we all expected everything to be designed for our own psychology the world wouldn’t work.

Happily there is a wealth of options for all psychologies. For example there are thousands of single player, rarely- or never-expanded games that would suit you perfectly.

Sometimes we have to just recognise that our psychology doesn’t connect well with something, and move on.
    Last edited by Snufflupagus; 2022-09-06 at 06:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally decided to abandon Anima grind yesterday. Will abandon mission table today.

Do you understand, that SL is considered to be bad xpack for reason? Not because it has terrible story or because it had "meaningful choice" systems. But because it doesn't have bearable and sustainable content.
    There are no FOMO issues, you created a situation where you are now overwhelmed because you are behind the release line of content and cannot figure out how to manage your time to keep up with things on your list. This is a situation you created yourself. There is no blame than yourself. Your complaint would categorize as being the same as joining any other expansion at the drought (end of content), complaining you have everything to do.

The table ain't what made Shadowlands bad, you can literally ignore it if you aren't a completionist, and seeing with your choice of opting out of limited-time rewards, I am guessing you are not a completionist. As for the anima, you have had so much time, it is even easier and faster now to get anima. This is all on you. Sounds like you need to quit MMORPGs and play single-player games, for all the other games on the market will give you the same issue - some even worse. Heck, playing at the drought of an expansion is almost like playing single-player games - everything is there, you just have to get it, and you share the world with others.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-09-06 at 07:38 AM.

There are no FOMO issues, you created a situation where you are now overwhelmed because you are behind the release line of content and cannot figure out how to manage your time to keep up with things on your list. This is a situation you created yourself. There is no blame than yourself. Your complaint would categorize as being the same as joining any other expansion at the drought (end of content), complaining you have everything to do.
    Why do you constantly skew what I say, so I have to explain it again, again and again? That fact, that I joined xpack lately, doesn't change anything. First of all, I bought xpack at release and played it for several months. So it's not about "I just don't want to do things". I'm not able to do SL's content now due to exactly the same reasons, I was unable to do it back then. Xpack was bad back then and it's still bad now due to exactly the same reasons. So, there is no difference between playing now and then. What we talk about here - are these reasons. Because it's important for next xpack.

P.S. Eh man. I want to say it again. There are two types of challenging content: 1) Truly challenging content 2) Content, that is challenging due to broken design. Today I finally had time to do ZM campaigns. 3rd mandatory chapter is just broken. I hate it. I really want to skip it. Flying allows skipping things there. I thought, using teleports was mandatory. Thx to flying!!!
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-09-06 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again... breakdown in communication between what "FOMO" means, and how OP wishes to just throw the word around because... it sounds cool?

The vast majority of complains towards SL are precisely directed towards its story and its system not toward its content. I personally don't 100% with this analysis, but that doesn't change the common opinion, that you so easily discard because it doesn't fit your own narrative.
    MMO Champs :

10+ Year Old Account
    But... I have to grind Anima non-stop. Just because ZM gives amount of Anima, that is barely enough to run mission table. ZM gives about 1-1.5k a day, while mission table requires around 500-600 twice a day.
    Wait a minute, how are you only gaining 1.5k a day from Zereth Mortis?

I have gathered from your previous posts that passive gameplay (or as close to no gameplay at all) is the content you seem to prefer, are you flying around Zereth Mortis avoiding the quests and creatures? Is it just chests you're opening..?

Even then I think you could still pull like 3k worth of anima just from buzzing around opening boxes for an hour... Maybe OP hasn't completed any of the quests that increase your anima yield? Without the main covenant storyline quests complete, OP's anima items may still be worth only like 5 and 10 anima as opposed to 200+ a pop.

- - - Updated - - -

That fact, that I joined xpack lately, doesn't change anything. First of all, I bought xpack at release and played it for several months.
    ....Are we certain this guy isn't a troll? I mean, with every passing thread it seems to get more and more obvious...

SL is considered to be bad xpack for reason, not because it has terrible story or because it had "meaningful choice" systems. But because it doesn't have bearable and sustainable content.
    It's like he creates his posts specifically to be contrary to the popular opinion, and if that doesn't get a reaction out of people he has the name "WoWisDead64" and a reference to the misuse of BLM as his frigging signature to fall back on.

Are we waiting for him to post "BY THE WAY I'M TROLLING EVERYONE" before we catch on?

Ya but MoP was actually good OP. SL is just eww.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    ....Are we certain this guy isn't a troll? I mean, with every passing thread it seems to get more and more obvious...

It's like he creates his posts specifically to be contrary to the popular opinion, and if that doesn't get a reaction out of people he has the name "WoWisDead64" and a reference to the misuse of BLM as his frigging signature to fall back on.

Are we waiting for him to post "BY THE WAY I'M TROLLING EVERYONE" before we catch on?

Most likely not a troll, but severely out of touch with not only the reality of the game as it is currently, but his own reality with how he interprets his "struggles' and how WoW creates those "struggles" for him.