Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's a very good thing when you have a class as original and unique as the Dracthyr Evoker.

And like I said, for the next 2+ years we're guaranteed Dracthyr Evoker exclusivity. Feel free to bring this back up again in 2024 when the next expansion is announced.
    O no he is already walking back previous claims of Dracthyr never getting other classes. Its in fact already down to 2 years (1 expac) yikes. Does this mean all of your "never" statements come with a *unless blizzard changes their mind, sidenote?
    Last edited by Elbob; 2022-08-13 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    O no he is already walking back previous claims of Dracthyr never getting other classes. Its in fact already down to 2 years (1 expac) yikes. Does this mean all of your "never" statements come with a *unless blizzard changes their mind, sidenote?
    Where did I walk it back? I still don’t see Dracthyr ever being able to be other classes.

Um no, theirs a clear difference in power between individuals. Which is normal....

Dragons ain't gods lol.

Dracthyr ain't even pure blood dragons to begin with. They're humanoid dragons.

Their purpose was to be the perfect soldier. You literally arguing with the game man, not me.

Evokers are just a little bit more special.

Where did I walk it back? I still don’t see Dracthyr ever being able to be other classes.
    you saying they never will be other classes, now its only 2+ years

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm saying bring this back up in 2+ years, because it obviously isn't happening in this expansion.

No, I'm saying bring this back up in 2+ years, because it obviously isn't happening in this expansion.
    i understand that but previous posts you said it would never happen ever

10+ Year Old Account
    i understand that but previous posts you said it would never happen ever
    Yea, and nothing’s changed in that regard. Again, I’m saying this topic is premature (abd IMO pointless) at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because like Druids, Evoker abilities are based on their physiology (talons, breath, wings, scales, etc.) not on equipped armor and weapons. Those are nothing more than stats. In short;

They don't need armor and weapons.
    I agree, and they could use those advantages in other classes, like warriors.

I mean, is not like they cannot get any advantage of using some armor or weapon, that's why they have the armored options in the customization, and that's also why we see other Draconid creatures that use weapons, is just that a normal steel weapon would not suffice to be an "upgrade" for them

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, and nothing’s changed in that regard. Again, I’m saying this topic is premature (abd IMO pointless) at best.
    premature? yes, if it changes, its not going to be for the moment, but pointless? maybe, but people also like the idea to see what possible classes they may get in the future, as not every class may work well for them thematically

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I agree, and they could use those advantages in other classes, like warriors.
    But they can't, that's the point. When a Dracthyr rolls a Rogue for example, they'll lose 95% of their draconic abilities.

BTW, I'm talking about gameplay, not lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    premature? yes, if it change, its not going to be for the moment, but pointless? maybe, but people also like the idea to see what possible classes they may get in the future, as not every class may work well for them thematically
    It's very likely pointless, since the Dracthyr are highly likely to keep their racial and class restrictions, just like Demon Hunters.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Pretty sure he said there would never ever be another class outside of tinker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Pretty sure he said there would never ever be another class outside of tinker
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2019-(long)

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-Concept-2022

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Idk what changed…
    But with the most recent build there are options in the files for DK eyes on a Dracthyr & Visage form lmao.

Weird for them to port them over for something that’ll “never have access to other classes”.
    Even for the ARs they waited until PTR for 8.3.5ish to port DK eyes.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-08-19 at 08:59 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually their physiology and racials are a huge barrier.
    Replying to this now because I couldn't at the time.

Nothing in their physiology are any sort of barrier or even "roadblock" for dracthyr to be other classes:
    • They have two arms, each ending on a hand that can hold and manipulate objects, so they can be made to wield shields and weapons, just like any other race.
    • They are humanoids.
    • Wings are irrelevant because they can just clip through armor, and shield/weapons stashed on the back and just disappear, like it already works for staves.
    • Tails are irrelevant because they can just clip through armor, like tauren and worgen.
    • The shape of their heads are irrelevant because we have tauren and worgen who have non-human head shapes, and tauren and draenei with horns clipping through armor.
    • They are physically able to wield weapons.

As for their racials, again, nothing is any sort of barrier or "roadblock" for dracthyr to be other classes:
    • Visage: nothing.
    • Glide: nothing.
    • Soar: nothing.
    • Tail Swipe: nothing. Being able to whip their tail does not preclude them from being warriors, for example, or that being a mage prevents them from moving their tail.
    • Wing Buffet: nothing. Being able to flap their wings does not preclude them from being rogues, for example, or that being a priest prevents them from moving their wings.
    • Discerning Eye: nothing.
    • Familiar Skies: nothing.

In conclusion: there is nothing "about their physiology or racials" that prevents them from being anything other than evokers.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

1+ Year Old Account
    Also worth noting that in a recent build that they also added all of the artifact animations to the Dracthyr. To include the ones that aren't seen in content outside of the Legion artifacts. (Like the bow, fist weapon, and shield animations)

So that along with them adding all the rogue and warrior animations & porting over the DK eyes to both forms shows that they're absolutely setting the groundwork for the Dracthyr being other classes after DF.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-09-05 at 06:07 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Also worth noting that in a recent build that they also added all of the artifact animations to the Dracthyr. To include the ones that aren't seen in content outside of the Legion artifacts. (Like the bow, fist weapon, and shield animations)

So that along with them adding all the rogue and warrior animations & porting over the DK eyes to both forms shows that they're absolutely setting the groundwork for the Dracthyr being other classes after DF.
    literally nothing stops them to add other classes to them in the future. If the demand is still there.. and lets be honest.. drakthyr is such a niche thing, I just can't see them stay oneclass/onerace thing for ever. I wonder if they truly reached the goal of reaching a broader audience with this, as for wow players it's just very limited.

So for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Replying to this now because I couldn't at the time.

Nothing in their physiology are any sort of barrier or even "roadblock" for dracthyr to be other classes:
    • They have two arms, each ending on a hand that can hold and manipulate objects, so they can be made to wield shields and weapons, just like any other race.
    • They are humanoids.
    • Wings are irrelevant because they can just clip through armor, and shield/weapons stashed on the back and just disappear, like it already works for staves.
    • Tails are irrelevant because they can just clip through armor, like tauren and worgen.
    • The shape of their heads are irrelevant because we have tauren and worgen who have non-human head shapes, and tauren and draenei with horns clipping through armor.
    • They are physically able to wield weapons.

As for their racials, again, nothing is any sort of barrier or "roadblock" for dracthyr to be other classes:
    • Visage: nothing.
    • Glide: nothing.
    • Soar: nothing.
    • Tail Swipe: nothing. Being able to whip their tail does not preclude them from being warriors, for example, or that being a mage prevents them from moving their tail.
    • Wing Buffet: nothing. Being able to flap their wings does not preclude them from being rogues, for example, or that being a priest prevents them from moving their wings.
    • Discerning Eye: nothing.
    • Familiar Skies: nothing.

In conclusion: there is nothing "about their physiology or racials" that prevents them from being anything other than evokers.
    it's pretty broad and not really needed persee as it speaks for itself, but ye you got a point. They are perfectly able to perform other roles if they just let them.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    literally nothing stops them to add other classes to them in the future. If the demand is still there.. and lets be honest.. drakthyr is such a niche thing, I just can't see them stay oneclass/onerace thing for ever. I wonder if they truly reached the goal of reaching a broader audience with this, as for wow players it's just very limited.

So for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

it's pretty broad and not really needed persee as it speaks for itself, but ye you got a point. They are perfectly able to perform other roles if they just let them.
    Tbh it is my belief that Blizzard just didn't have the time/resources to animate all of the other classes for Dracthyr for DF, but otherwise they would have added the other classes.

Mainly because the edicts mention wyerns such as one that's meant for infiltration. Yet the Dracthyr don't have any abilities for stealth/infiltration and didn't even have a visage form until Wrathion/Ebonhorn teaches them. On top of that, you can see in a modelviewer that the Dracthyr has the full animation set for rogues.

The same thing applies when it comes to warriors/ a tank spec and the Dracthyr's siege wyern.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-09-05 at 06:54 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk