Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No. Because it's solo-shuffle, you can meet people who are trolling or not plaing serious or are giving up after a few rounds.

Solo shuffle isn't balanced and as fair as the real arena.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Err.. Do you know that Solo Shuffle is 3v3 except with randomized teams and everyone plays with everyone? It is the very antithesis of class comps. Yet it is 3v3. It should award Gladiator. In fact it should award something on top of that. I think it has the potential to be the most competitive and skillbased mode of all arena.
    xD

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    PvP is an after thought as it should be. It has never been taken seriously. PvP was introduced in a patch and it should be treated as such.
    Dedicated PvP has been in the game longer than Heroic / Mythic Raids. Your justification that it was and therefore should be an after thought would then apply to any system added after the initial launch...

That's ridiculous and you know it.

Err.. Do you know that Solo Shuffle is 3v3 except with randomized teams and everyone plays with everyone? It is the very antithesis of class comps. Yet it is 3v3. It should award Gladiator. In fact it should award something on top of that. I think it has the potential to be the most competitive and skillbased mode of all arena.
    I can see it quickly being abused by certain classes naturally excelling with little to no team work compared to other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No. Because it's solo-shuffle, you can meet people who are trolling or not plaing serious or are giving up after a few rounds.

Solo shuffle isn't balanced and as fair as the real arena.

xD
    Dude it’s rated. In the 1500 rating where you play at in 3v3 everyone is trolling and giving up all the time. It’s not different. However, go to high ratings in 3v3 or shuffle and those people are there for a reason. They’re not going to dump their rating on a whim. Nonsensical fearmongering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I can see it quickly being abused by certain classes naturally excelling with little to no team work compared to other specs.
    I can see people who use in game comms and have natural great understanding of the game and cc and target swaps doing great.

Wait wait..
    there was a chunk of folks who wanted Solo Shuffle cause "Screw other people I'm getting glad by my damned self"

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant you just yell “doin it for gladiator” and people be liek “lets sabotage it!”. I believe ppl will just find the way to exploit it.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Dude it’s rated. In the 1500 rating where you play at in 3v3 everyone is trolling and giving up all the time. It’s not different. However, go to high ratings in 3v3 or shuffle and those people are there for a reason. They’re not going to dump their rating on a whim. Nonsensical fearmongering.
    There's a difference between playing with a coordinated group of people and randoms.

Calling it "most skilled based arena" is just straight wrong. Mostly because you're in the group with RANDOM people. For some classes the good RANDOM people are better than for the others. That's the reason why TSG and RMP are so high, because their classes have uber synergy. If you're not using that, then it's our fault.

I think keeping glad mount/title behind constructed 3v3 instead of solo shuffle is to protect the mode from dying out completely.

If you can literally get everything from rated solo shuffle then premade 3s popularity will take a giant dive. I personally will probably play solo rated in DF exclusively and I'm probably not the only one.

If they don't keep glad in constructed 3 they might as well delete that mode, because hardly anyone will play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There's a difference between playing with a coordinated group of people and randoms.

Calling it "most skilled based arena" is just straight wrong. Mostly because you're in the group with RANDOM people. For some classes the good RANDOM people are better than for the others. That's the reason why TSG and RMP are so high, because their classes have uber synergy. If you're not using that, then it's our fault.
    Nah, you are the one in the wrong here. Dismissing skill required in solo shuffle because it's random is just a wrong assumption. Both constructed and random rated arena will require skill, just different kind of skill. In constructed need better coordination and communication, in solo you need to be better at reading your teammates without talking to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    Dedicated PvP has been in the game longer than Heroic / Mythic Raids. Your justification that it was and therefore should be an after thought would then apply to any system added after the initial launch...

That's ridiculous and you know it.
    Not really. They created a PVE game and then, as an afterthought, tacked on a pvp system. Sure, its been in the game a long time but expanded PVE systems are still based on PVE which is at the core of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I think keeping glad mount/title behind constructed 3v3 instead of solo shuffle is to protect the mode from dying out completely.

If you can literally get everything from rated solo shuffle then premade 3s popularity will take a giant dive. I personally will probably play solo rated in DF exclusively and I'm probably not the only one.

If they don't keep glad in constructed 3 they might as well delete that mode, because hardly anyone will play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, you are the one in the wrong here. Dismissing skill required in solo shuffle because it's random is just a wrong assumption. Both constructed and random rated arena will require skill, just different kind of skill. In constructed need better coordination and communication, in solo you need to be better at reading your teammates without talking to them.
    Ahh path of least resistance theory...though I kind of feel yes both require skill....one could in theory get glad by being the guy who literally smashes his face into Solo Shuffle the most. Near limitless combatants if your semi decent you might win more than you lose so getting glad is less "the best PVPer" and more "The guy who no lifes the system the hardest"

who cares tbh, glad mounts are now useless cause of dragonriding and the dragonriding glad custom looks like ass

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Ahh path of least resistance theory...though I kind of feel yes both require skill....one could in theory get glad by being the guy who literally smashes his face into Solo Shuffle the most. Near limitless combatants if your semi decent you might win more than you lose so getting glad is less "the best PVPer" and more "The guy who no lifes the system the hardest"
    That makes no sense. I think you don't understand how MMR in any online game works.

When you win more than you lose your matchmaking raises. The higher it gets, the better players you get matched with. If you keep winning more than you lose even when faced Vs players who have same or higher MMR than you, then yeah, you deserve your glad or rewards or whatever.

You can play 1000 arena matches and never go past 1800 rating, if you lose to players with lower MMR than yours...

So yeah someone "semi decent who wins more than loses" would start meeting glad xp players eventually and if keeps maintaing his 50%+ win ratio against them, then he is worthy of his MMR.

1+ Year Old Account
    Solo shuffle is a gimmick, sorry.

MAYBE they're using it as a testing ground for a future solo que, but right now it's too...volatile to be considered rated PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Solo shuffle is a gimmick, sorry.

MAYBE they're using it as a testing ground for a future solo que, but right now it's too...volatile to be considered rated PVP.
    Yes because there is no matchmaking in its current form and people you are matched with are completely random. You can get a casual with green gear and 0 arena xp vs multi r1 full bis pumper.

In DF solo shuffle will have a ranked mode so normal rules of MMR will apply. You won't be getting complete noobs vs glads, you will have people of close to equal skill matched vs each other.

Right now solo shuffle is more like random battlegrounds so ofc it's volatile. But this thread is discussing what it will be in DF.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Okay? Doesn't change that it was literally an afterthought? I don't care whether people enjoyed it or not, I am not making any statements on that.

What's your point.
    Does it matter if something released 17 years ago was not there on day 0? The game literally had no content outside of quests, few dungeons and world PVP when it first released.

I wouldn't play this game without PVP and Blizzard probably knows that there are players like me and caters to that group. Just because some dailies-grinding andy doesn't like PVP doesn't mean it has no reason to exist.
    Last edited by Thes; 2022-09-06 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Organized PvP definitely was an afterthought, and even PvP was not really meant to be much.

There was no reward structure or reason to PvP other than... being able to? PvP at launch literally had no reason to exist.
    PvP does not need rewards to be enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yes because there is no matchmaking in its current form and people you are matched with are completely random. You can get a casual with green gear and 0 arena xp vs multi r1 full bis pumper.

In DF solo shuffle will have a ranked mode so normal rules of MMR will apply. You won't be getting complete noobs vs glads, you will have people of close to equal skill matched vs each other.

Right now solo shuffle is more like random battlegrounds so ofc it's volatile. But this thread is discussing what it will be in DF.
    ranked mode will be volatile too... good reason to keep it from allowing folks to make glad. Maybe in higher ranks you'll have a better chance of getting decent players but I feel just the fact that its RANDOM is gonna hurt it

ranked mode will be volatile too... good reason to keep it from allowing folks to make glad. Maybe in higher ranks you'll have a better chance of getting decent players but I feel just the fact that its RANDOM is gonna hurt it
    You play with all the players in suffle group, which I guess removes a lot of the randomness. So even inside 1 match, you get evaluated 6 times, giving or taking points based on how many you won or lost.

Generally in competitive games that implement any kind of solo queue you always have fluctuations in rating but no one accidentally becomes a top-ranking player by chance...

Yeah but it's equally random for everyone so if anything, solo ranked will be a better measurement for personal skill than constructed because you can't be carried or boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I can see class comps mattering to much... it's the same reason why you can't get the mount in 2s isn't it?
    They removed glad from 2s because its just rock paper scissors.

But in shuffle u play all the time with randoms, so you can go for meta comp like in 2s. And if u wanna say "but class x is so strong in 3s, he can carry so much" i dont see the Point, in organitied pvp these class can carry the same, or look at rbgs, where rogue/boomys can carry a game.