I am surprised that I can create a DK.

Is that because I have a level 55+ in a retail account?
    Or any new player can create a level 55?

I don't think it is like that 14 years ago.

Everyone can make 1 DK with no restrictions on any realm other than the fresh realms. After that you need a lvl55 to make one on another realm.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

ofc everyone can make a DK.

or do you think Blizz will go like „hey ppls, plz pay us money for recycled shit, but remember: before you can play your DK, the expac’s featuring class, you quickly have to level some temporary char to 55. after you created your DK then, you can safely delete that char. have fun!“ or what ???

some ppls have crazy mindsets, or rather low rational/realistic imaginations. /rolleyes I mean, what do you think, Blizz thought, when creating WotLK Classic?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-09-04 at 03:37 PM.

I finished DK intro quests.
    The game is aged. The magic is gone for me.

I don't think I will level it to level 80 or even level 70.
    No AoE loot. Cannot queue PvP and LFD. No fly mount. The list can go on.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

AoE loot didn’t come in til Pandaria. Flying mounts are available in Outland and Northrend. LFD technically didn’t come in til the final patch of Wrath, but I agree that should’ve been added in from beginning of Wrath Classic

My god Wrath was really 14 years ago?! Time flies jeez....

It was not like that in the original. But tbh I think it's a positive little change. I was also surprised to find that I could make a DK on the go since I only came to classic the other day in anticipation of WoTLk release. I'm excited to go back to where it began for me for sure.

I do look forward to see some other positive quality of life changes that I'm sure have been made since last time. That was the point. To keep it as true to the original as possible without the bugs and big complaints right?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone could make a DK back then, as long as you had a +55lvl, and it was not on pre-patch but on release.

So you are good to go

Yeah no LFD or BG queue is a huge L on their side. I hope they do add them later on, as they were added later on in Wrath as well, but the way how they've worded things so far and all that, it seems like it's not coming at all.

Classic/Vanilla is an entirely different story, but having these QoL things in the expansions just makes a lot of sense. The game is so much worse without LFD at least when you're leveling. There is basically 0 social interaction and if there is some talking, then it's usually people being toxic to eachother.

I played a whole day.
    Leveled my DK to level 63. At the end of the day, I saved enough gold to buy a flying mount / training.
    All in a day's work !

Back in the old days, people have to reach level 40 for a ground mount.
    They played months and months without an epic ground mount.
    That is horrible.
    There is no way I will do that again.

What do you mean no flying mount? you can get one at 60. It's also not supposed to have AOE loot or queueing pvp and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Everyone could make a DK back then, as long as you had a +55lvl, and it was not on pre-patch but on release.

So you are good to go
    I think the surprise here is you can make a dk with the prepatch. No way that would happen back in 2009 becuase dk was wotlk content and no way blizz would give it t you for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been a nice blog post. What always puzzles me is why people assume, they should like the same thing they liked 15 years ago. Especially when it comes to entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account

No LFD.

This was the deal breaker for me personally. I'm not playing Wrath Classic knowing it doesn't have LFD. There's no reason or need to knowing that.

Blizz decided arbritrarily to exclude LFD--to their credit, they gave notice right after Wrath Classic was announced about 7 months back--and they don't even realize in doing it, they've basically admitted putting the feature in the game was a mistake in the first place. I played Wrath during its original run. I remember reactions when it was first announced and it split the playerbase, the most vocal opposed to it. The silent majority loved it though. LFD made it possible for people to do dungeons they otherwise might not have been able to do or might have had to wait a long time to get the chance to do. The benefits outweighed the criticism from the vocal minority who wanted to be the gatekeepers to endgame content then and since.

This is yet another situation where a vocal minority decide things for everyone.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah no LFD or BG queue is a huge L on their side. I hope they do add them later on, as they were added later on in Wrath as well, but the way how they've worded things so far and all that, it seems like it's not coming at all.

Classic/Vanilla is an entirely different story, but having these QoL things in the expansions just makes a lot of sense. The game is so much worse without LFD at least when you're leveling. There is basically 0 social interaction and if there is some talking, then it's usually people being toxic to eachother.
    They did say that if enough people wannt LFD, they'll get LFD but they believe that an improved group finder which keeps the social interaction and forces you to show good behaviour since it isn't cross server, will be beneficial for people to interact with another to form groups or guilds and allow them access to other content like raids.

Problem is that the tool they implemented is worse than existing add-ons that scan the lfg channel. It'll be interesting to see what conclusion blizzard will make after the first few months. The resonance I see from the community is that the tool is a failure (people prefere the one on retail or the chat add-on) and it seemingly doesn't have the effect of people interacting more and creating their own communities.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    I think the surprise here is you can make a dk with the prepatch. No way that would happen back in 2009 becuase dk was wotlk content and no way blizz would give it t you for free.
    The surprise for me is that I don't have any level 55 character.
    Walking around until level 40 is not a choice for me.
    I skipped the original level 1 to 60 zones completely and got an epic mount on day 1.

As for the flying mount, I don't have gold to buy it until one day later.
    Good thing I forgot about the class trainer. If I spent all my gold on the class train, I have no gold for the flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

Quite honestly I had a lot of fun when vanilla classic launched and even talked with the people in dungeons and grouped with the same people a lot at max level too (I didn't know them before hand). With LFD type of stuff that probably wouldn't happen.

But I play both classic and retail so I don't care that much, if I want a quick thing I just go to retail...

PVP queue is a bummer because I'd like to duel outside of OG or Ironforge but you have to stand next to the queue dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ofc everyone can make a DK.

or do you think Blizz will go like „hey ppls, plz pay us money for recycled shit, but remember: before you can play your DK, the expac’s featuring class, you quickly have to level some temporary char to 55. after you created your DK then, you can safely delete that char. have fun!“ or what ???

some ppls have crazy mindsets, or rather low rational/realistic imaginations. /rolleyes I mean, what do you think, Blizz thought, when creating WotLK Classic?
    too much sugar young man,calm down,guy was simply asking a question.

So... you made this thread just to shit talk about it?
    You clearly remember tons of things wrongly.