Dragonflight Pre-Expansion PTR Development Notes

Dragonflight Pre-Expansion PTR Development Notes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    World of Warcraft Version 10.0.0 PTR – Dragonflight Pre-Expansion Patch

This Public Test Realm (PTR) is a testing environment for the content coming with the Dragonflight Pre-Expansion Patch update.

To see full details on what’s in the current build, please visit the Dragonflight Beta Development Notes thread.

Dragonflight Pre-Expansion Patch Development Notes

CLASSES
    • New Talent System
    • Mage, Priest, and Rogue available for all races

PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
    • All ranged spell casting and healing specializations have a new PvP Talent:
      • New PvP Talent: Precognition – If an interrupt is used on you while you are not casting, gain 15% Haste and become immune to control effects for 4 seconds.
    • Updated PvP Talents

USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY
    • New HUD UI

New World Map
    The World Map has been updated with the Dragon Isles!

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-09-08 at 01:49 AM.

That gigantic continent was shrouded in mist and we never saw it until now

That maps is getting a little crowded. Remember when it was just EK, Kalimdor and a tiny postion of Northrend. These new islands make a Los Angeles freeway look sparse

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    That gigantic continent was shrouded in mist and we never saw it until now
    Just like Pandaria, Broken Isles, Zandalar, and Kul Tiras.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    PTR is up now? :O Gonna go open it and find out if dracthyr is playable!
    They're disabled on PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Just like Pandaria, Broken Isles, Zandalar, and Kul Tiras.
    Guess u got an F in world history huh? For thousands of years the known world AKA Europe, Asia and Africa had no idea north and south america existed. You know why? Because taking a ship out into an endless ocean frought with storms and no land in sight for weeks or months was suicide. When there is no reason to travel like that in the first place. The only reason these landmasses were discovered was because ppl got tired of the long trade routes and the thieves and pirates that plagued them.

It is perfectly reasonable that these places would exist without many people knowing about them. I think blizzard could have easily put places like Kul Tiras and Northrend on the map way earlier with just no way to travel to them because they were not relevant to the current story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    That maps is getting a little crowded. Remember when it was just EK, Kalimdor and a tiny postion of Northrend. These new islands make a Los Angeles freeway look sparse
    Imagine they do a Hunter x Hunter or Toriko and it turns out all of known Azeroth were just isles inside a lake part of a greater continent.

Did they ever confirm if Drac'thyr will be playable pre-patch? Playing a new class at launch is always awful.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Guess u got an F in world history huh? For thousands of years the known world AKA Europe, Asia and Africa had no idea north and south america existed. You know why? Because taking a ship out into an endless ocean frought with storms and no land in sight for weeks or months was suicide. When there is no reason to travel like that in the first place. The only reason these landmasses were discovered was because ppl got tired of the long trade routes and the thieves and pirates that plagued them.

It is perfectly reasonable that these places would exist without many people knowing about them. I think blizzard could have easily put places like Kul Tiras and Northrend on the map way earlier with just no way to travel to them because they were not relevant to the current story.
    That argument kinda falls apart though when our characters have been on spaceships and whatnot

If anyone has the opportunity to hop onto the PTR, would you mind linking an image of the updated UI changes that came with this build? I really love that Blizz is trying to improve the defaults, but the character portraits/resources gauges look so hideous right now ;-;
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Imagine they do a Hunter x Hunter or Toriko and it turns out all of known Azeroth were just isles inside a lake part of a greater continent.

Did they ever confirm if Drac'thyr will be playable pre-patch? Playing a new class at launch is always awful.
    They will be in the pre-patch, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    They will be in the pre-patch, yes.
    Don't know if I should believe you or not based on your name, but thanks?!
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Don't know if I should believe you or not based on your name, but thanks?!
    They're playable as part of the pre-order. At least that's what it says in the shop and what they said in the interviews after dragonflight was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    That does not look bigger than Northrend lol
    Size on the world map doesn't 1-1 equal the actual game space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    They're playable as part of the pre-order. At least that's what it says in the shop and what they said in the interviews after dragonflight was announced.
    *crossesfingers* I hope they stick to it. I prefer to get a head start on a new class.
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

5+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I want to see what’s on the other side of the Veiled Sea. That place is unoccupied, the whole half of the globe, so why not put something there? We could have day on Kalimdor and night on the other side. Hehe

Yes, Ion directly said they would during expansion announcement.