Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    BREAKING WaPo: Ginni Thomas pressed lawmakers to overturn Joe Biden's 2020 victory not only in Arizona, as previously reported, but also in a second battleground state, Wisconsin, according to emails obtained under state public-records law.

A few days ago I just wanted to post a random "What about Ginni Thomas?". Well, she just happens to show up in the news and you know, trying to overturn another state in Wisconsin. No big Deal. Umm, yeah this is huge and my goodness, she better be held accountable. Amazing how the political privileged can commit treason and nothing.
    Her husband should be in prison with her. There is a reason that Clarence Thomas was the only one that voted against releasing all of the documents to the January 6th committee. Because his fucking ignorant wife is all over this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Her husband should be in prison with her. There is a reason that Clarence Thomas was the only one that voted against releasing all of the documents to the January 6th committee. Because his fucking ignorant wife is all over this bullshit.
    Prison for what, exactly?

None of this is illegal. It's unethical as fuck and Clarence is deeply ethically compromised given the work of his wife, the knowledge that he's heard multiple cases where her clients were arguing in front of the SCOTUS, and that we know the two discuss his work closely. It's absolutely worthy of impeachment and removal as these are violations of rules that lower federal courts are bound by, but I doubt that Roberts has any remote inclination of instituting those same ethics rules for the SCOTUS as he realizes how harmful it would be to the conservative majority.

- - - Updated - - -

https://january6th.house.gov/news/pr...-newt-gingrich

Jan. 6 Committee wants to speak with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, now.

Information obtained by the Select Committee shows that Mr. Gingrich was in contact with senior advisors to President Trump regarding television advertisements that relied upon and amplified known false claims about fraud in the 2020 election and that Mr. Gingrich was involved in various other aspects of the scheme to overturn the 2020 election and block the transfer of power, including after the violence of January 6th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Prison for what, exactly?

None of this is illegal. It's unethical as fuck and Clarence is deeply ethically compromised given the work of his wife, the knowledge that he's heard multiple cases where her clients were arguing in front of the SCOTUS, and that we know the two discuss his work closely. It's absolutely worthy of impeachment and removal as these are violations of rules that lower federal courts are bound by, but I doubt that Roberts has any remote inclination of instituting those same ethics rules for the SCOTUS as he realizes how harmful it would be to the conservative majority.
    If his wife was involved in any coordination for January 6 (conspiracy, and seditious conspiracy specifically given the context), and Clarence Thomas was aware of this and his votes have been arguably intended to cover up her actions, then that makes him part of that seditious conspiracy. Could potentially also bleed into the related Rebellion and Insurrection law, which includes any aid or comfort given to insurrectionists as part of the definition of being an insurrectionist.

While I don't agree we've got the evidence to prove that in court, they haven't started to investigate, either. But the law codes could, theoretically, apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If his wife was involved in any coordination for January 6 (conspiracy, and seditious conspiracy specifically given the context), and Clarence Thomas was aware of this and his votes have been arguably intended to cover up her actions, then that makes him part of that seditious conspiracy. Could potentially also bleed into the related Rebellion and Insurrection law, which includes any aid or comfort given to insurrectionists as part of the definition of being an insurrectionist.

While I don't agree we've got the evidence to prove that in court, they haven't started to investigate, either. But the law codes could, theoretically, apply.
    A reach for Clarence Thomas is almost impossible. I mean in prison or him facing any consequences. I think most of us agree on this, which as I stated the political privileged, elite, whatever you want to call them.

Ginni Thomas is crazy and the evidence is mounting I'm waiting to see. Yet back to being almost immune we have Lindsey Graham who now has to at least testify but what. Just amazed at all the people and how deep this went.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    A reach for Clarence Thomas is almost impossible. I mean in prison or him facing any consequences. I think most of us agree on this, which as I stated the political privileged, elite, whatever you want to call them.
    Politically, it's never gonna happen, I was just answering that "what law could he be argued to have broken?" question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump claims to be helping some of the insurrectionists financially, and suggests he might pardon them too.

Now for the record, I don't believe him. And I don't believe any of them have come forward to say "Thank you Trump for the support" either.

But we now have someone who not only asked people to commit a violent treasonous crime on his behalf, but is at least claiming to be paying for their defense and scrubbing their conviction with a pardon if he gets the chance.

So let me ask all the Trump supporters: let's say Biden asked Democratic citizens to, oh I don't know, murder four SCOTUS justices so he could replace them. Then, pardoned the people who did that. Would you think that was okay?

Do you think what Trump is doing is okay? Because, as Trump supporters, unless you decry his actions, it is assumed you do think it's okay, and will be quoted as saying such until you specifically and directly refute it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump claims to be helping some of the insurrectionists financially, and suggests he might pardon them too.

Now for the record, I don't believe him. And I don't believe any of them have come forward to say "Thank you Trump for the support" either.

But we now have someone who not only asked people to commit a violent treasonous crime on his behalf, but is at least claiming to be paying for their defense and scrubbing their conviction with a pardon if he gets the chance.

So let me ask all the Trump supporters: let's say Biden asked Democratic citizens to, oh I don't know, murder four SCOTUS justices so he could replace them. Then, pardoned the people who did that. Would you think that was okay?

Do you think what Trump is doing is okay? Because, as Trump supporters, unless you decry his actions, it is assumed you do think it's okay, and will be quoted as saying such until you specifically and directly refute it.
    That has always been the question and why the hypocrisy is abound. They have no issues with someone they agree with doing something like that but if it is anyone else, off to the gallows with them.

You have to realize they are playing a different game and want you to play by the old rules. Hypocrites do not care and openly want you to care because to them you are the one trying to overthrow their idea of what America is / was. The comparison to middle eastern terror groups is apt.

What happens when you piss off a lawyer? They start to point fingers. Lots and lots of finger pointing. Oh, and daggers. Lots and lots of daggers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...b488f1fd59eb73

Exclusive: Oath Keepers lawyer: 'I hope they get the real perpetrators — Flynn, Byrne, Powell'

The arrest of Kellye SoRelle, the Texas attorney associated with the Oath Keepers on Thursday, on conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding and other "offenses" potentially marks a new stage of the prosecution of the perpetrators of the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol.

SoRelle describes herself as the “general counsel” for the Oath Keepers. The far-right militia's founder Stewart Rhodes and eight other members face charges of seditious conspiracy.

But, SoRelle says she served as interim leader of the Oath Keepers for two weeks following Rhodes’ arrest in January 2022.

To date, the conspiracy charges against Oath Keepers members — including seditious conspiracy against Rhodes and other leaders, and lesser conspiracy charges against a larger group of members — allege a pattern of coordination limited within the organization. But the recent arrest of SoRelle, someone with extensive ties to an array of election deniers broadly involved in the effort to overturn the election and on the ground at the Capitol on Jan. 6, potentially opens the door to conspiracy charges against a wider network of operatives.

Since her first appearance in federal court in Austin on Thursday, SoRelle has been tweeting about her case.

“So, the clear question is… [if] I am the patsy,” she tweeted. “That means the entire election challenge front was all a set up for the conservatives, because they are all protected. Good luck y’all. They won’t stop with me.”

In a direct message to Raw Story on Twitter, SoRelle pointed the finger at three high-profile Trump allies: retired Lt. General Flynn, attorney Sidney Powell and retired Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne. Powell filed multiple lawsuits seeking to overturn the election, while Flynn rallied Trump supporters at protests and media appearances, and Byrne covered travel and lodging costs for a wide array of volunteer researchers and analysts seeking to reverse the election.

“Only thing I have to say, I hope they get the real perpetrators — Flynn, Byrne, Powell etc., those behind the Big Lie that set up the conservatives,” SoRelle told Raw Story.

Byrne responded by text with one word: “Silly.” Joe Flynn, the brother of Michael Flynn, was more blunt: “F*** off.” Powell could not be reached for comment.

SoRelle previously testified by video before the House Select Committee to Investigate the Attack on the US Capitol. During a brief clip of SoRelle’s testimony that was presented to the public in July, SoRelle implicated political strategist and longtime Trump ally Roger Stone, InfoWars host Alex Jones and “Stop the Steal” organizer Ali Alexander.

When an investigator asked her to confirm that Stone, Jones and Alexander were “the leader of these rallies,” SoRelle responded, “Those are the ones that became like the center point for everything.”

A lawyer for Stone responded shortly after the hearing that his client “engaged in only legally protected, First Amendment activities.”

Court documents indicate that SoRelle was actively involved in the Oath Keepers’ tactical planning while also volunteering for legal efforts to overturn the election. Meanwhile, previous reporting shows, SoRelle cultivated ties with other election denier groups, including Latinos for Trump and Veterans for Trump, that were on the ground at or near the Capitol on Jan. 6.

The indictment unveiled against SoRelle on Thursday alleges that she knowingly combined, conspired, confederated and agreed with other persons to corruptly obstruct, influence and impede Congress’ certification of the Electoral College vote. To date, the government has not revealed any other co-conspirators in its conspiracy case against SoRelle.
    I am not going to quote the rest of the article as it is showing what has already come out in court.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/06/u...e=articleShare

A judge in New Mexico on Tuesday ordered a county commissioner convicted of participating in the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol removed from office under the 14th Amendment, making him the first public official in more than a century to be barred from serving under a constitutional ban on insurrectionists holding office.

The ruling declared the Capitol assault an insurrection and removed Couy Griffin, a commissioner in New Mexico’s Otero County and the founder of Cowboys for Trump, who was convicted earlier this year of trespassing when he breached barricades outside the Capitol during the attack. The judge’s order grabbed the attention of advocates across the country who have been pushing to use the 14th Amendment to disqualify former President Donald J. Trump and elected officials who worked with him in seeking to overturn the 2020 election from holding office in the future.

In his decision, Judge Francis J. Mathew of the New Mexico District Court said the insurrection on Jan. 6 included not only the mob violence that unfolded that day, but also the “surrounding planning, mobilization and incitement” that led to it.

“Mr. Griffin is constitutionally disqualified from serving,” the judge wrote.
    If you want to be an elected official, don't participate in a conspiracy-fueled attempt to overthrow the government.

"It wasn't an attempt to overthrow the government!"

It wasn't? Someone should have told the people who showed up to overthrow the government, then, because they sure seem to think that's why they were there.

Because they seemed to think it was some sort of revolution. Even if many were confused as to where they actually were and thought they were storming the White House -

10+ Year Old Account
    "It wasn't an attempt to overthrow the government!"
    It wasn't a successful attempt.

Well, resident troll under the bridge and man who would look homeless no matter how many times he had a makeover Steve Bannon. Good ole Steve Bannon states that if government wants him to stop "fighting" even though he claims he hasn't started yet, they would have to kill him. His words.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...f5e12f9c302259

Steve Bannon lashes out after report of impending NYC charges: 'They will have to kill me first'

Steve Bannon had harsh words on Tuesday evening after The Washington Post reported he was making arrangements to surrender himself to Manhattan D.A. Alvin Bragg.

"Stephen K. Bannon is expected to surrender to state prosecutors on Thursday to face a new criminal indictment, people familiar with the matter said, weeks after he was convicted of contempt of Congress and nearly two years after he received a federal pardon from President Donald Trump in a federal fraud case," the newspaper reported. "The precise details of the state case could not be confirmed Tuesday evening. But people familiar with the situation, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sealed indictment, suggested the prosecution will likely mirror aspects of the federal case in which Bannon was pardoned."

Bannon allegedly profited by $1 million in the "We Build the Wall" scheme after Mexico refused to pay for Trump's border wall.

"Just days after being swatted three different times by deranged thugs from New York City inspired to be the Biden administration to assassinate me by police, the Soros-backed DA has now decided to pursue phony charges against me 60 days before the midterm election because WarRoom is the major source of the MAGA grassroots movement,' Bannon argued.

"The SDNY did the exact same thing in August 2020 to try to take me out of the election. It didn't work then, it certainly won't work now. This is nothing more than a partisan political weaponization of the criminal justice system," Bannon argued.

He predicted the charges would be good news for his podcast.

"They are coming after all of us, not only President Trump and myself. I am never going to stop fighting," Bannon vowed. "In fact, I have not yet begun to fight. They will have to kill me first.

ABC News confirmed The Washington Post report Bannon was planning to turn himself in.

What's with these beta's and the incendiary language?

We've seen this bravado from Bannon before and yet when he had the opportunity to put his money where his mouth is, all he could squeak out was a timid, "Yes, your honor."

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, resident troll under the bridge and man who would look homeless no matter how many times he had a makeover Steve Bannon. Good ole Steve Bannon states that if government wants him to stop "fighting" even though he claims he hasn't started yet, they would have to kill him. His words.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...f5e12f9c302259
    And when I read that, I just said, that can be arranged Bannon. If he wants to fucking try to fight the indictment and lash out at police, I hope they put him down hard.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/07/stev...surrender.html

Bannon, despite all his bluster and bravado and incendiary language, is now traveling to turn himself into the authorities.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/07/stev...surrender.html

Bannon, despite all his bluster and bravado and incendiary language, is now traveling to turn himself into the authorities.
    Well, he wasn't wrong about something. He claimed he hasn't begun to fight. He skipped that part and went right to surrender. No fighting happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters pleads not guilty in election security breach case

Peters faces 10 counts in all: seven felony charges — including attempting to influence a public servant, identity theft, criminal impersonation and conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation — and three misdemeanors, first degree official misconduct, violation of duty and failure to comply with the requirements of the Secretary of State.
    Who would have thought attempting to overthrow the government would be criminal? Oh. Right. Literally everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

As predicted. Not like he has a choice.

Bannon will claim this is all a witch hunt fake news commie librul socialist partisan investigation, despite defrauding people who gave him money to build Trump's Wall.

Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters pleads not guilty in election security breach case

Who would have thought attempting to overthrow the government would be criminal? Oh. Right. Literally everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

As predicted. Not like he has a choice.

Bannon will claim this is all a witch hunt fake news commie librul socialist partisan investigation, despite defrauding people who gave him money to build Trump's Wall.
    So, will this be Bannon's Alamo moment like so many of the far right like to pretend they want forgetting the outcome of said event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    So, will this be Bannon's Alamo moment like so many of the far right like to pretend they want forgetting the outcome of said event.
    "Mr. Trump, that long-time ally and advisor of yours that you pardoned for defrauding your followers is still being charged in New York. Have you considered offering him any support?"
    "No."
    "I mean, they have your close long-time personal friend in dire straits here. It looks like he could go down fighting here. This might be his Alamo."
    "Okay, but make sure it's two scoops. Everyone else gets one."
    "That's not...yes, Mr. Trump, coming right up."

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing says American Patriot like Gohmert giving flag flown over Congress to a convicted Insurrectionist.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/10/polit...edium=news_tab