Anyone that can confirm if there was a wave after build came out?

Wait a second, why is Rexxar depicted on survival talents? He is THE beast master through and through.

Survival is screwed because every hunter that does melee in lore except Huln and Fenris, be it Rexxar, Nathanos or Sylvanas dual-wields.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Wait a second, why is Rexxar depicted on survival talents? He is THE beast master through and through.
    Because Blizzard is adamant that the melee Hunter spec is definitely Survival, and not Beast Master.

Rexxar has been a Survival hunter all the way back to Legion when the melee switch happened and I guess someone at Blizzard realized the error of having someone called a master of beasts melee was just confusing, so they made him Survival and try their hardest never to mention his beast master title.
    They even had a survivalist themed questline for Rexxar out of nowhere, seemingly just to really hammer in the Survival theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Survival is screwed because every hunter that does melee in lore except Huln and Fenris, be it Rexxar, Nathanos or Sylvanas dual-wields.
    Real shame that Survival cannot dual wield as well. They only have to use a single two-handed weapon because a single one of their abilities is hard coded to only work with that kind of weapon. Remove that restriction and there is nothing preventing Survival from using two agility weapons instead.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Real shame that Survival cannot dual wield as well. They only have to use a single two-handed weapon because a single one of their abilities is hard coded to only work with that kind of weapon. Remove that restriction and there is nothing preventing Survival from using two agility weapons instead.
    Why it can't dual-wield past Legion is baffling to me. Survival is actually a fun spec and now that there's no artifact weapon there's 0 reason not to allow the class to dual-wield. It's been able to since Vanilla and all of the hunter characters do it.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I know it's so stupid but it was such an important moment for me back in vanilla when my hunter got his twin Dawn's Edges that playing melee without Dual Wield just feels so damn bad. I was really hoping they'd use the new talent system to promote alternative styles for Survival, Enhancement, Frost but it wasn't meant to be.

I wondered if this pre-patch PTR was early but the SL one went live three months before launch. So I guess we're on schedule for early December.

Have to say I am spending the PTR previewing all the professions. So much variety and I really need to step up my alt game to have everything covered (not to be asocial with professions, just to collect them all!). LW has 3 piece sets which cannot work anymore (since Embellished items are unique (2) ) and they should add a third non-embelished neck (cause if you want full crafted gear right now one slot HAS to go to the neck). But generally enjoying this, wish Blacksmithing had some sets as well.

Frostfire legguards of preparation make me want to run M+ that bonus is just PERFECT.

The new Cauldron design where players effectively BUY their potions instead of having all the cost go on the crafter is brilliant.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-08 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Yeah I couldnt be arsed to reply to them about that. Its been like this for several expansion cycles that they do upload the same build/update to borh ptr and beta at the same time for several builds. I mean once the ptr is live we have the entire game downlpaded its all about enabling it for release day
    i love ptr right now
    between the people complaining about no addons and the guys looking for how to get to dragon isles it is kinda fun to chat with other players. Tried to test stuff in a random dungeon but fairly certain the entire party was heroic raid geared so the bosses literally melted and i cant be asked to put together mythic dungeon groups when talents arent even functioning

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    i love ptr right now
    between the people complaining about no addons and the guys looking for how to get to dragon isles it is kinda fun to chat with other players. Tried to test stuff in a random dungeon but fairly certain the entire party was heroic raid geared so the bosses literally melted and i cant be asked to put together mythic dungeon groups when talents arent even functioning
    Well that is what the PTR is for, right. Got to ensure you are ready for when it goes live and everyone keeps asking the same questions.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Gladiator mount is now also flagged as "dragonriding" mount, just as I expected it to be.

I hope the few "Blizzard only previewed four mounts and we won't get the noodle-drake or any other dragonriding mount and the gladiator one will be a normal flying mount" deniers have a great day. <3

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The Gladiator mount is now also flagged as "dragonriding" mount, just as I expected it to be.

I hope the few "Blizzard only previewed four mounts and we won't get the noodle-drake or any other dragonriding mount and the gladiator one will be a normal flying mount" deniers have a great day. <3
    Really it's just a question of whether the devs will make Dragonriding the norm going forward. If they are then I would imagine they will start making other mounts viable for Dragonriding, starting with whatever dragon mounts we already have.

Well that is what the PTR is for, right. Got to ensure you are ready for when it goes live and everyone keeps asking the same questions.
    I've got 4 tubs of g-fuel and some new pc parts ready for launch week

7+ Year Old Account
    Really it's just a question of whether the devs will make Dragonriding the norm going forward. If they are then I would imagine they will start making other mounts viable for Dragonriding, starting with whatever dragon mounts we already have.
    I guess the question on the technical side of thing is - can you flag mounts both as flying mounts and dragonriding mounts? Currently you can't use any of the dragons if it isn't a dragon isles flying zone (like the centaur dungeon). How would a dragonriding mount work if "classic" flying is enabled later, if you would be able to use it in an old zone now?

But yeah, in the end of the day I would expect atleast all new dragons from this expansion to be dragonriding mounts for now (atleast). Can't wait to see what the seasonal M+ mount will be! (fingers crossed for an elemental armoured protodrake)

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly my guess on this is if it works out over the course of the expansion then it will be renamed to something else (more generic not just pertaining to dragons) and they will continue to release both new regular and new dragonriding mounts. Since there is no way they go through and update all the mount rig animations (even tho a lot of them share) for flying mounts so all support it, and it doesn't make sense either for it to be the only flight.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and I just found this:

It seems like they added all the possible options to the drakes with this build, although you can't preview or use them even though they seem to be unlocked.

Update: or not, as the white colour is still missing from any of the customization options.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-08 at 09:56 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Oh, and I just found this:

It seems like they added all the possible options to the drakes with this build, although you can't preview or use them even though they seem to be unlocked.

Update: or not, as the white colour is still missing from any of the customization options.
    Guess the full transformation is how they will be dealing with the Razsageth mount from the raid.
    Bit of a shame it isn't extra customization options on top but I guess you take what you can get.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guess the full transformation is how they will be dealing with the Razsageth mount from the raid.
    Bit of a shame it isn't extra customization options on top but I guess you take what you can get.
    Yeah, I would hate that. As a mount collector this was one of my fears going into the addon. There is nothing wrong with letting us have both the "fancy elite version" and the normal one to switch up riding without having to go to the transformation platform.

The full transformation bit may just something from early development though, as both the gladiator and razsageth mount currently have their own entry in the mount journal. And even if not, it's early enough for Blizzard to change it if we give enough feedback right now.

Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-08 at 10:33 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    He's been classified as a survival hunter since legion... which is why it really doesnt make sense that they made the spec not duel wield but o well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    He's been classified as a survival hunter since legion... which is why it really doesnt make sense that they made the spec not duel wield but o well.
    I really hope they either give us a DW option, or finally change transmog rules in order to allow the use of DW transmog even if you have a 2h weapon equipped (would also be great for fury warrior). We know they can easily do it thanks to artifact weapons, they just need to flip the switch.

#TEAMGIRAFFE