15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Honestly given how much of a suck Frodo is id say Sam was a pretty good Emotional support hobbit even before then.
    Well he is half useless/useful. When Frodo falter he shines, saves his butt 3 times. The rest hes a podcast about How he remembers the Shire and probably doped on LSD while at it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The rest hes a podcast about How he remembers the Shire and probably doped on LSD while at it.
    Ha, this one actually made me laugh at 2 AM. Probably one of the best descriptions of Sam I've heard.

The point isn’t that the troops she had would/should have gotten screen time being more helpful it’s that she can’t complete her impossible task alone
    There's no way you can actually claim that if they don't establish how she would fare in the same situation and environment if she were alone.

doesn’t mean that companions aren’t needed at all to make the goal actually archivable.
    The show could easily establish her finding new allies who align with her ideals and recognize a spreading evil in the world; ones who will actually support her rather than undermine her goal of making certain that all evil is rid from the world.

Cuz that's where her story is headed anyways.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-09-08 at 06:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    We reach the point where we have to compare a fat ass gardener hobbit to an elite squad of elves who went to hunt down Sauron and - presumably - defeat him if they actually find it, to defend the atrocious writing.

I can't wrap my head of how this is going to be what, six or eight seasons? Let alone more 6 episodes, they have to ditch those writers and get sometone half-decent to salvage this, or its going to be a joke
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-09-08 at 06:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Ha, this one actually made me laugh at 2 AM. Probably one of the best descriptions of Sam I've heard.
    Glad to be of service, the fucker stole my LSD stash after all last time he popped over to "Could I please lend your frying pan again please?".

I should have known better.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I do wonder what in tarnation this show tries to do

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Nobody knows, not even the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    maybe it's about writing a ridiculous dialogue and shoot awful scenes and see how many defend it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yes, have to add that to the list of expert marksmen, magicians, smiths etc.
    It's odd though, wonder what athletics dwarves shine in. Midget-Sumo wrestling perhaps or is that taken by haflings *ponder*
    Smashing stones, duh

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Yeah no one believe an immortal Maiar is around anymore, just Galadriel.

And even when She brings conclusive proof, they still discart the idea, or say "if she find him it can create problems" or whatever, its just bad writing, and, its Gil'galad that informs Sauron is back, not her.

Im not rly underestimating then, im treating then what its supposed to be, an elite squad to fight Sauron for hundreds of years

7 average elf and Galadriel should be able to deal with the troll without getting their asses kicked

This all come down to bad writing, if they suck so much, just make her go with 3 or 2, if they want to show her power, separate the group and make her solo the troll, like she did without making everyone looking like hobbits.

If those elves are the elite, they would never win the ar of wrath and banish Morgoth, this is absurd

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, you find something "right" here and there, but a lot of shit is changed, some that don't make any sense, bad writing, bad dialogue, everything filled with pseudo intelligent speeches trying to be epic and complex. A lot of stuff trying to pull from the movies to bring nostalgia.

Cgi, scenarios and music is good, though it seems they force the music where it should not be.

I think this stuff is like fast and furious and transformers, pure garbage, but entertaining to some, especially for the people who don't know about the story or are just trying to take a day off and shut down the brain and watch some fantasy stuff.
    I do agree with you in general, it's bad writing. It was a poor scene. The elves were kind of bad at doing what they are supposed to be good at. 100% agree. I just think they could have been shown to be a bit better than they were while still losing. The principle of the scene doesn't bother me, the execution was slapstick.

I'm so happy that they gave us a filthy hobo Aragorn wannabe instead of Annatar, Lord of Gifts, the most beautiful, handsome, fair, and elegant elf in Middle Earth. I can't wait to see more of Halbrand/Sauron disguised as a filthy hobo, it's going to be soo awesooome!!!

Galadriel will obviously fall in love with him, but I wonder: will she be able to change that bad boy?? :d

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'm so happy that they gave us a filthy hobo Aragorn wannabe instead of Annatar, Lord of Gifts, the most beautiful, handsome, fair, and elegant elf in Middle Earth. I can't wait to see more of Halbrand/Sauron disguised as a filthy hobo, it's going to be soo awesooome!!!

Galadriel will obviously fall in love with him, but I wonder: will she be able to change that bad boy?? :d
    Oh boy...I wonder if they will go the route and have him question his motives and almost give it up, but then remembers his dad Morgoth and snaps out of it!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yeah but Sam wasn't shown to be completely useless, unlike her company whose screen time was dedicated to being a burden to her journey more than a boon. That's probably the biggest difference.

Again, that is my biggest criticism for her party. If the argument is that they were important because they supported her journey, then it should be in more ways than things that she can literally do on her own like hold a torch or scout.
    To me, what they showed conveyed that this was her party for years, if not centuries of hunting. They just chose to show the very breaking point.

Yea her men didn't do much, but they were clearly exhausted. They might have killed dozens of trolls on their journey before. With all the storytelling they want to do, this clearly just wasn't where they wanted to spend the time.

I really liked everything tbh. Sure they don't really... acto or look like the elves from the movies but i like this adaption nonetheless.

The ONLY think that really annoys me is the fact, that they seemed to want to make us ship (lol) Galadriel and the guy on the float.
    And completly ignoring and never mentioning the fact that galadriel is allready married to celeborn (and has a FREAKING DAUGHTER who married Elrond... who is the mother of arwen btw..... ) who for some reaoson doesn't exist is nowhere to be seen...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The show could easily establish her finding new allies who align with her ideals and recognize a spreading evil in the world; ones who will actually support her rather than undermine her goal of making certain that all evil is rid from the world.

Cuz that's where her story is headed anyways.
    They literally do that in the second episode.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I really liked everything tbh. Sure they don't really... acto or look like the elves from the movies but i like this adaption nonetheless.

The ONLY think that really annoys me is the fact, that they seemed to want to make us ship (lol) Galadriel and the guy on the float.
    And completly ignoring and never mentioning the fact that galadriel is allready married to celeborn (and has a FREAKING DAUGHTER who married Elrond... who is the mother of arwen btw..... ) who for some reaoson doesn't exist is nowhere to be seen...
    We're only 2 episodes in to a 50 episode story.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2022-09-08 at 01:17 PM.

They literally do that in the second episode.
    wait what, when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    maybe it's about writing a ridiculous dialogue and shoot awful scenes and see how many defend it.
    so far we have had every major 'access media' outlet push all the usual defense buttons by attacking fans and trying to pull down past works as trash, there's been the obvious conflict of interest from the washington post, there's the potential illegal acts by IMDB, turns out apparently the US has some kind of laws regarding free speech online and what IMDB have done, along with what Amazon is currently doing on the official pages of the site is actually against the law, and regardless of what people say they are protected and as such removing low ratings is illegal, then you have Amazon getting destroyed for blatantly lying about engagement, followed up by them showing their desperation by dusting off the cobwebs of elijah wood/billy boyd/sean astin/dominic monaghan getting them to wear printed t-shirts sporting the message 'all are welcome here' with the rings of power front and center on the messaging, assumedly being paid a pretty penny to try and obfuscate the utter shitstorm that they are in surrounding this steaming pile of utter dross, by using nostalgia as a weapon now to stop people from reviewing this show negatively.

all in all it's been not only an embarrassment for Amazon both in terms of how few people actually watched the first episode, but the 'off a cliff' drop off of people that continued to episode 2 from episode 1, to the utter depths they have sunk to in order to silence dissenters and critics of the show, and the irreparable damage done to their reputation as a company because of their shady and potentially illegal (after investigation by FTC) practices surrounding this launch, and the shambolic desperate attempts to hide this reality from people at all costs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    We're only 2 episodes in to a 50 episode story.
    and the entire point of the early episodes is to set up the characters that will be present, the world they will be working in, and the events that will shape the story trying to be told, and yet the writers of this utter bollox have failed to do any of that, none of the characters are likeable or relatable, none of the events anybody cares about because the writers have decided to jump around from event to event like kid dosed up on sugar unable to focus attention on one thing for more than 5 minutes at a time, and the overall scene setting has been shambolic, so it really doesn't matter what the rest of the show has, because they have failed spectacularly to provide any reason to care past this point.

So apparently anyone who criticises this dogshit show for any reason at all are now racists. Attacking your audience is a great marketing strategy.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frn1 View Post
    wait what, when?
    Dude on the boat rescues her, supports her idea that evil is still out there and saves her while sinking.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.