Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Play a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic and Get a Mount in WoW

Play a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic and Get a Mount in WoW
    Blizzard has added a mount for players that complete the Death Knight starting experience in Wrath of the Lich King Classic.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The pre-patch for Wrath of the Lich King Classic is now live, and with it, players can play as the Death Knight Hero Class before making their way into the frozen lands of Northrend to confront the Lich King. Players who play through the complete Death Knight starting experience* in Wrath of the Lich King Classic will earn the Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm** to carry them through their adventures in Shadowlands and beyond into the upcoming Dragonflight expansion.

Few proto-dragons were considered part of the frostbrood—only those that were risen from powerful remains, the members of long forgotten draconic flights.

Learn more about the Death Knight Hero Class in our article.

*Requires completion of the quest "Where Kings Walk" on Alliance characters or "Warchief's Blessing" on Horde characters.
    **Mount not available in World of Warcraft® Classic titles.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-09-08 at 07:11 PM.

Yesterday:
    Classic servers are very unstable, hour long queues, you can't create characters on certain realms anymore, some realms are literally at their cap, etc..

Today:
    Play Classic to get a free Retail mount.

I literally just finished this yesterday, I assume it will count for people that have already done it?

Just checked and got the mount, happy days.
    Last edited by Naoto; 2022-09-08 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yesterday:
    Classic servers are very unstable, hour long queues, you can't create characters on certain realms anymore, some realms are literally at their cap, etc..

Today:

Yep. Blizzard wins again at the bad timing awards. My god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    I literally just finished this yesterday, I assume it will count for people that have already done it?

Do you normally just post in threads without reading the original post?

If it doesn't use the new dragon riding mechanics it'll be completely pointless. Looks awesome though, be a shame to to waste it by just having it act as a normal mount. No one will use it in Dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptikal View Post
    If it doesn't use the new dragon riding mechanics it'll be completely pointless. Looks awesome though, be a shame to to waste it by just having it act as a normal mount. No one will use it in Dragonflight.
    Watch the video to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Yep. Blizzard wins again at the bad timing awards. My god.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you normally just post in threads without reading the original post?
    Where does it say here it counts for people that have already played through the campaign? do you normally post in threads just to be a little crybaby bitch?

Infracted for Flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-09-08 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    I'm genuinely curious why this is even a thing, the only precedent for this is the promotional content for HOTS or Hearthstone that reward a mount, but I don't think classic WOTLK needs a promotional content to be popular??
    blizzard make numbers go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    I'm genuinely curious why this is even a thing, the only precedent for this is the promotional content for HOTS or Hearthstone that reward a mount, but I don't think classic WOTLK needs a promotional content to be popular??
    Have some people resubbing for a cool mount, have them pay a sub until DF comes out if they get hooked on Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yesterday:

Today:
    The retail andys are going to create a DK on any of the dead realms without a queue for the hour or two it takes to do the DK starting quests. This isn't going to add to the queues at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's a cool mount that everyone who plays retail can get in just a couple hours. No complaints from me, even though I'm staying unsubbed until DF prepatch.

7+ Year Old Account
    shit i wish they would giove it to the deathknights in classic lol. i dont even play retail. guess ill log over and add it to my book and log out to play classic agian lol
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    How long will it take to earn the mount, if you create a DK from scratch?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I did this about 13-14 years ago!

Now, THIS is how you do mounts Blizz

Where does it say here it counts for people that have already played through the campaign? do you normally post in threads just to be a little crybaby bitch?
    *Requires completion of the quest "Where Kings Walk" on Alliance characters or "Warchief's Blessing" on Horde characters.

Does this answer the question?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only takes about 2 hours give or take.
    Including the DK starting area?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post

Does this answer the question?
    I get that, but I had no idea if it started FROM today or counted achievements since the release of the pre-patch, guess I better think twice about posting "silly shit" as to not upset the little forum kids like yourself, calm down.

Oh god... good luck on normal ramps/BF with these people who 'i just want to see how the game is after starting zone', LOL.