Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Far as I'm aware it hasn't happened before (which I admit isn't a reason for it not to happen) but also that the PTR is simply testing how the rest of the game will work sans the expansion.

I don't have much issue with it myself but its never been something I expected. It'd be like expecting to be able to test the rest of expansion content on the PTR. You're not expecting to be able to access the Dragon isles or dragonriding on the PTR, are you?
    Because they start at level 58, therefore they are being released during Pre-Patch just like Demon Hunters were in Legion. Why wouldn't somebody expect to be able to test it on the Pre-Patch PTR? Granted its the first build yes so we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Kneckt95 View Post
    Because they start at level 58, therefore they are being released during Pre-Patch just like Demon Hunters were in Legion. Why wouldn't somebody expect to be able to test it on the Pre-Patch PTR? Granted its the first build yes so we'll see!
    Granted it is a bit odd that you cannot test a Dracthyr on the PTR, but this is also how the game is supposed to function if we assume you will need to own Dragonflight to be able to make a Dracthyr in the Pre-patch. PTR has no way to actually simulate owning the expansion, and given this is a once per expansion PTR thing (or even once per every other pre-patch PTR realistically) I don't see why Blizzard should have to bother. They already get plenty of testing done on it in the Beta.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I swear, if wowhead would post instead: "surprisingly there are no dragon isles on PTR in this build, players are angry" we would have posts how Blizzard is awful for not doing that xD.

7+ Year Old Account
    The wrath - retail cross promo is pretty neat.

Formerly known as Arafal

Just got a beautiful new Mount in Retail for nothing ^_^

7+ Year Old Account
    Dracthyr are a main expansion feature.
    How anyone could possibly think we'd get them on the PTR as a literal free trial is beyond me.

Especially when their early access is part of the pre-order.

Formerly known as Arafal

Because even if they're released with the pre-patch, they're expansion content.

The pre-patch PTR is what you get if you don't buy Dragonflight. So why do you expect something you need to purchase Dragonflight for?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The wrath - retail cross promo is pretty neat.
    Possibly best looking undead dragon we've got so far. I found the Legion DK class mounts so disappointing, but this bad boy is going to make my DK in retail so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Possibly best looking undead dragon we've got so far. I found the Legion DK class mounts so disappointing, but this bad boy is going to make my DK in retail so happy.
    It's almost shockingly good. My only gripe with it is that like so many cool Dragons we have gained recently, this one might not be useable for Dragonriding.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's almost shockingly good. My only gripe with it is that like so many cool Dragons we have gained recently, this one might not be useable for Dragonriding.
    Plus all we have to do to get it is replay possibly the best questing experience they've made in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do we know how long the promo lasts?
    No date is given in the blue post.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Do we know how long the promo lasts?
    No date is given in the blue post.
    Well hope it lasts more than a day cause I want to download the thing fully first before playing it (it's worth the trouble imo).

Plus all we have to do to get it is replay possibly the best questing experience they've made in WoW.
    Only problem I have with that was that whole poking Scarlet Crusaders with the hot pokers quest. Did that ever get tweaked to not take forever?

I'll do it for that dragon though.

Only problem I have with that was that whole poking Scarlet Crusaders with the hot pokers quest. Did that ever get tweaked to not take forever?

I mean you are torturing people whose concept is based on the Spanish Inquisition. They should be able to take SOME torture before talking.

I mean you are torturing people whose concept is based on the Spanish Inquisition. They should be able to take SOME torture before talking.
    Y'know what, fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I believe it uses the same rig as the protodrake from DF so it would make sense to allow it. the problem with the CE mount is that none of the DR mounts use the "normal" dragon rig.

That didn't bother me much cause at that point in the story you're evil and mind-controlled by the Lich King - it bothered me way more when the Kirin Tor has you torture that Malygos-aligned prisoner up in the Borean Tundra. First time I played through that was as a human paladin in the WotLK beta, it was very surreal when the quest giver said that the Kirin Tor has rules against torture, but you don't, wink wink.

If Dragonriding is successful, they will expand it. And if they expand it, it is unlikely they will leave that many mounts unused. They will have to do the work if they choose to keep it forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    That didn't bother me much cause at that point in the story you're evil and mind-controlled by the Lich King - it bothered me way more when the Kirin Tor has you torture that Malygos-aligned prisoner up in the Borean Tundra. First time I played through that was as a human paladin in the WotLK beta, it was very surreal when the quest giver said that the Kirin Tor has rules against torture, but you don't, wink wink.
    Oh I didn't mind it, just to be clear. I remember laughing at some story some website put up around that time about the Borean Tundra torture.

I just remember it taking ages to the point where I felt like it was bugged.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Evokers are an "early access" pre-order bonus just like DHs and Allied Races were.
    We've never tested any of the "early access xpac feature" pre-order bonuses on PTR. It's always only been tested on Alpha/Beta.

At most you were probably able to go into the character creation screen to customize the new thing... but could never even create the character.
    Also because PTR realms are never flagged w/ the license of an xpac until said xpac hits live and/or the x.1 of said xpac hits PTR. Can't make the new class/race without having said license.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-09-08 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk