Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Do i still need a level 55 char to create a DK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliondir View Post
    Your FIRST dk can be created on any server without any restriction, except for the fresh start servers (see below). You do not need a 55+ character on that server.
    For your second dk and onwards AND for fresh start servers you DO need a 55+ character on that server.

In my case my highest lvl character was lvl 24 and was able to create a dk on that same server on the day the pre-patch went live.
    In that case, either I encountered a bug, or I made a dk, never logged in, deleted it, tried to make it somewhere else instead, and apparently forgot since then. Because I definitely haven't played a dk yet and I still got hit with that message =(
    Last edited by Izalla; 2022-09-08 at 08:20 PM.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

That's hilarious timing, considering they just explained how their servers have problems handling the current load.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Do i still need a level 55 char to create a DK?
    No, you don't. Just as long as its not on one of the F R E S H servers.

Log onto Classic, roll on one of the almost dead servers, dick around in the DK Area for an hour or so, collect your mount on Retail. Easy money.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Hate this whole bait and switch mentality blizzard has. Just to pad their subscription numbers and makes it look good for the shareholders and they can say game is doing fantastic. Look at this month. Pitiful in my opinion.
    Pitiful is the weak minded people who pay for a sub for a game they don't actively play, on the tiny practically nonexistent chance they might one day in the future decide they want to play lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yesterday:
    Classic servers are very unstable, hour long queues, you can't create characters on certain realms anymore, some realms are literally at their cap, etc..

Today:
    Play Classic to get a free Retail mount.
    Is it really free though, don't you have to purchase WOTLK Classic to play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Is it really free though, don't you have to purchase WOTLK Classic to play it?
    No? Classic does not have a box cost...

Cant they just give this mount on live servers…..
    I did that DK stuff 13 years ago why do i need to redo old crappy stuff so i can get the mount on the current game.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No? Classic does not have a box cost...
    OK fair enough, I misread it. I was under the impression you had to buy the WOTLK Classic because mine says subscription expired.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    Didn't they originally say that you wouldn't have to play classic WoW to get stuff for retail WoW? So people who played retail wouldn't feel "forced" to play classic?
    Not be forced to do actual content, they don't want people to go "only possible way for me to get scarab Lord on retail is to play classic for extreme amounts of time!" This takes 45 minutes, and no commitment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Hate this whole bait and switch mentality blizzard has. Just to pad their subscription numbers and makes it look good for the shareholders and they can say game is doing fantastic. Look at this month. Pitiful in my opinion.
    1- this is not limited time, idk what you are implying
    2- those playing retail who would use this mount, don't need to buy a new sub to play classic....

- - - Updated - - -

OK fair enough, I misread it. I was under the impression you had to buy the WOTLK Classic.

Thanks
    No, there is no bugging Wotlk classic it's free. There is the collectors pack, but that's optional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    It gets people who aren't sub to just resub for a mount.
    Why would they resub for a mount if they arnt going to play?

Not be forced to do actual content, they don't want people to go "only possible way for me to get scarab Lord on retail is to play classic for extreme amounts of time!" This takes 45 minutes, and no commitment.

- - - Updated - - -

1- this is not limited time, idk what you are implying
    2- those playing retail who would use this mount, don't need to buy a new sub to play classic....

- - - Updated - - -

No, there is no bugging Wotlk classic it's free. There is the collectors pack, but that's optional.
    So in the launcher, am I loading Classic or WOTLK classic? One lets me play the other says I need a subscription. Seems odd.

So in the launcher, am I loading Classic or WOTLK classic? One lets me play the other says I need a subscription. Seems odd.
    You need a sub to play wow, which includes classic, but you don't need to buy Wotlk. Load Wotlk classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Man, I’m really gonna have to play wotlk just to do that dire starting experience? Ho boy!
    What? It takes like 30 mins dude.

You need a sub to play wow, which includes classic, but you don't need to buy Wotlk. Load Wotlk classic.
    I have a sub to play retail, classic lets me load in but Wotlk classic keeps saying I need a subscription.

edit: and now the app is crashing lol. Must be too many people trying to get on.
    Last edited by Cyi; 2022-09-08 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    I'm genuinely curious why this is even a thing, the only precedent for this is the promotional content for HOTS or Hearthstone that reward a mount, but I don't think classic WOTLK needs a promotional content to be popular??
    It's Wotlk, it does not need promotion, but of course you might aswell, it's wows most famous expac, of course they are going to celebrate the fuck outta it, it's had the most adds I've seen from wow for awhile, and is fucking epic, of course they are going to promote it every way they can. They even set up an event where content creators played it with fucking real celebrities.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Glad that it's another fugly proto drake.. otherwise I might have felt a twinge of regret and may have played classic despite having no interest in it.
    Fugly Proto-drake? This is the coolest Proto-drake in the came, aside from perhaps the Ironbound.

I have a sub to play retail, classic lets me load in but Wotlk classic keeps saying I need a subscription.

edit: and now the app is crashing lol. Must be too many people trying to get on.
    That might be why. But yeah there is ONE "wow" sub, which is retail and classic. And classic has no box price, there is optional bonus additions but that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Have some people resubbing for a cool mount, have them pay a sub until DF comes out if they get hooked on Classic.
    It's not time limited so why would people resub just for a mount when "I will get it when I resub" is fine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    How long will it take to earn the mount, if you create a DK from scratch?
    1 hour. I've recorded it a few times recently for a video. I'm sure pros can do it faster, or even I if I actually tried and wasn't bothered about having good footage.

It's not time limited so why would people resub just for a mount when "I will get it when I resub" is fine?
    I mean, Blizzard can rescind the offer whenever they want to.

Disregarding that you'd likely see some people resubbing just to try it out and Blizzard wants to sweeten the offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    How long will it take to earn the mount, if you create a DK from scratch?
    About 1.5-2hrs, roughly.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday:
    Classic servers are very unstable, hour long queues, you can't create characters on certain realms anymore, some realms are literally at their cap, etc..

Today:
    Play Classic to get a free Retail mount.
    By 'realms' with hour long queues you mean 1 realm in EU and 1 in US? Oh yeah how servers will survive, totally everyone who just want mount will roll character where you have to wait minutes/hours to log in xD.

And don't tell me I'm bullshitting, I checked literally right now EU English, prime time, 11 out 12 servers had no queue, fresh PVP had 2500 queue. And 3 realms locked, but again, who the hell roll temporary character on crowded realm while there are locked ones.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of low-pop classic realms, you'll be auto-directed to one upon your first launch of wotlk classic landing you in character creation immediately.