Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I'm genuinely curious what the appeal is.

It's a comedy. The appeal is "do you want to watch something that doesn't take itself too seriously?"

People watch it out of some kinda sunk cost fallacy and are hoping to get a sneak peak of the next Thanos sitting down and mumbling out threats?
    People watch it because they enjoy it. It's a fun show when you watch it for what it is. It's not anymore complicated than that.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    but back to the show. honestly. Jennifer is a terrible lawyer. That quite possibly writers have no bloody clue what they are writing when it comes to courtroom stuff.

how in a bloody hell do you go into an actual hearing... without talking to your witnesses first? sure you cannot coach them, but at the very least you can and SHOULD veto them before bringing them in? And/Or, I don't know talk to your client extensively about their case?

like.. I understand that this whole thing is played for laughs and it does have funny moments, but at the same time.... it just bugs me, you know?

P.S. the appeal is that characters themselves are fun and relatable. anyone who is mad about the way they show dating app adventures? haven't used dating apps. in this case it just so happens that Jennifer is having terrible time, but she is having the same issue with her dates as with her courtroom witnesses. not. enough. vetoing.

you can listen to plenty of men having very similar horror stories. most people using dating apps are not having the best time.
    The court room stuff is terrible, it's not even Jen not doing her job right, its the writers not knowing the basics of court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The court room stuff is terrible, it's not even Jen not doing her job right, its the writers not knowing the basics of court.
    It really doesn't even matter. This is a comedy show about superheroes, not a legal documentary.

It's legally inaccurate the same way that shows like Night Court were. Which was beloved.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-09-09 at 12:22 AM.

Just to be clear: most legal shows - ESPECIALLY legal comedies - get the basics of court wrong ALL. THE. TIME. Conversing with the jury, meandering around the bench as they please, asking outrageously inappropriate questions of witnesses in outrageously inappropriate ways... all that and more.

This isn't special.

They did that shit in game of thrones with Ed sheeran because maisie williams was a fan and that rightfully got mocked for it also. That shit is lame
    I hope you can realize the difference between Game of Thrones and She-Hulk.

Ya know, one that was supposed to be an epic tale of medieval drama with fantasy and the struggles of multiple characters.

And the other being a comedy, that introduced Megan Thee Stallion as Megan Thee Stallion. And as already criticized, if you watched the show you'd at least understand the joke.

But it really seems like you're expecting far too much actual explanations out of something that's meant to be lighthearted.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Just to be clear: most legal shows - ESPECIALLY legal comedies - get the basics of court wrong ALL. THE. TIME. Conversing with the jury, meandering around the bench as they please, asking outrageously inappropriate questions of witnesses in outrageously inappropriate ways... all that and more.

This isn't special.
    Yeah, there are errors in a lot of legal shows. Which is why it is fun to watch a real lawyer comment on them.

Even dramas get things wrong. It is just part of the issue.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It really doesn't even matter. This is a comedy show about superheroes, not a legal documentary.

It's legally inaccurate the same way that shows like Night Court were. Which was beloved.
    It has to be funny to be a comedy. It's just cringe

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This may shock you, but some people find things funny that other people do not find funny.

I KNOW, it's weird, right?

I'm genuinely curious what the appeal is. And none of my points were counted outside of "comic book did it" so seems like there isn't much to say about this show unless you like the humor? People watch it out of some kinda sunk cost fallacy and are hoping to get a sneak peak of the next Thanos sitting down and mumbling out threats?
    Do you guys take turns crewing the "Hate-Cog"? Gumble, Classic Peon and some other other dolts seem to have tapped out and now its your turn to fill up space with nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Do you guys take turns crewing the "Hate-Cog"? Gumble, Classic Peon and some other other dolts seem to have tapped out and now its your turn to fill up space with nonsense?
    What's even better is how often the people crewing the Hate-Cog haven't even watched the show... but will happily regurgitate whatever nonsense they heard from their youtuber of choice and present it as if it's their own opinion.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hate Cog is a really dumb expression, what is that from?
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This may shock you, but some people find things funny that other people do not find funny.

I KNOW, it's weird, right?
    You'd have to have a broken funny bone to laugh at that trash.

my problem with it is the way its written makes Jennifer look incompetent. if this is the goal, to undermine her claim that she is qualified? ok, fine, but right now we are being told that she is a competent lawyer... and being shown that she is unprepared and pantsing every single one of her cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, all you're saying here is you don't like it.

And? That's not useful to anyone. Go on and don't watch it, then.

You're not saying anything about the merit or quality of the show. Just that you, personally, don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    my problem with it is the way its written makes Jennifer look incompetent. if this is the goal, to undermine her claim that she is qualified? ok, fine, but right now we are being told that she is a competent lawyer... and being shown that she is unprepared and pantsing every single one of her cases.
    She was an assistant DA who was leading her first real case, at the start of the show. I don't think she's ever been described as an amazing lawyer by anyone but her best friend paralegal, who was clearly pumping her up at the time.

I do agree it would've been better to just have Jen say they didn't have a witness and have Wong say "yeah we do" and continue forward exactly as it did. That would explain the lack of prep a bit better. But it's a pretty minor quibble.

Again, all you're saying here is you don't like it.

And? That's not useful to anyone. Go on and don't watch it, then.

You're not saying anything about the merit or quality of the show. Just that you, personally, don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

She was an assistant DA who was leading her first real case, at the start of the show. I don't think she's ever been described as an amazing lawyer by anyone but her best friend paralegal, who was clearly pumping her up at the time.

I do agree it would've been better to just have Jen say they didn't have a witness and have Wong say "yeah we do" and continue forward exactly as it did. That would explain the lack of prep a bit better. But it's a pretty minor quibble.
    it just bothers me because so far we have seen her deal with three cases and she had this issue with 2 of them (first with Emil, and then with Wong). like... on one hand we show her work through after hours and deal with all the briefs and paperwork... on the other hand sometimes she has witnesses researched and others.. she doesn't? its weird. it throws me out of the narrative personaly, minor or not. and like Madisynn with Wong and Sopranos spoilers did make me laugh, both times, in huge part due to his facial expressions, but her on the stand prior... it could have been written better is all I'm saying.

but that's just me. /shrug

edited to add. in defense of Jen's date. Jennifer. honey, you cannot just expect people to know that you have dual nature like that without telling them. yes, you are famous, but we all know that not everyone knows every famous person ever and everything about them. the way dude was a little freaked out, saying "who are you?" TOTALY understandable. and I'm sure Jen will internalize it as him only wanting hot she-hulk and not regular old Jen, but I think it was more of a "you haven't disclosed something pretty fucking important and its weirding me out, so I have to go now"

at least that was my interpretation of that scene
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-09-09 at 02:27 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tatiana Maslaney is apparently a massive Megan Thee Stallion fan. She's why they approached Megan, and Megan was a good enough sport to play along.

https://gamerant.com/she-hulk-tatian...werking-tears/

How dare an actress like a massively popular pop star.
    ikr. the sheer audacity

You'd have to have a broken funny bone to laugh at that trash.
    Cool.

The attention you seem to crave for your preferences has been delivered.

Now feel free to resume your apparent hobby of entering restaurants yelling that you do not like the food they serve.

Hate Cog is a really dumb expression, what is that from?
    Seemed appropriate. All the goblins running a machine cranking out propaganda on the internet.

The basics of court are pretty irrelevant. I don’t think there’s a courtroom movie or TV series that couldn’t be absolutely shredded to pieces by an actual lawyer. Even a top tier classic like A Few Good Men is FILLED with inaccuracies and nonsensical stuff from a legal perspective but no one gives a shit because it’s about the drama (or in the case of She-Hulk, the comedy) not the courtroom basics. This is a silly standard to hold the show to.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2022-09-09 at 04:02 AM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seemed appropriate. All the goblins running a machine cranking out propaganda on the internet.
    Sure. Or the quality has gone to shit and instead of Robert downy Jr, Chris Evans, scarlett johansson putting in some decent acting and carrying material you are now left with lame cultural references and a middling legal series that makes the show suits look emmy worthy because quantity not quality right
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.