10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see Odell.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    First game of the season! FINALLY some actual FOOTBALL (though Crissi forces me to say that college football is football too).

And with it all the good things return, silly predictions, useless pomp and cringey commercials as well as a chance to see the Bills fail in prime time when they are the no. 1 favorite to win the Super Bowl this season.

Let's fucking GO!

- - - Updated - - -

Rams took that cookie away. Great play, and probably the only thing stopping Josh Allen right now: mistakes by his fellow players.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    First game of the season! FINALLY some actual FOOTBALL (though Crissi forces me to say that college football is football too).

And with it all the good things return, silly predictions, useless pomp and cringey commercials as well as a chance to see the Bills fail in prime time when they are the no. 1 favorite to win the Super Bowl this season.

Let's fucking GO!

- - - Updated - - -

Rams took that cookie away. Great play, and probably the only thing stopping Josh Allen right now: mistakes by his fellow players.
    Hate to break it to you, but this offense looks lit. Bills are the most complete team in the league. When the fuck did they sign Jamison Crowder?

Allen is going to drag his nuts across the AFC East this year.

Hey it is a turnover caused by McKenzie, I remember those.

I also didn't know Justin Hollins was starting for the Rams, nice it worked out for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Allen is going to drag his nuts across the AFC East this year.
    I mean he should be. He's the no. 1 favorite to win MVP headlining the no. 1 favorite to win the Superbowl. The more shocking thing would be if he failed.

That would be the more fun thing for me to watch though.

- - - Updated - - -

Good half. Should be fun 2nd half too. God I'm glad to have football again. This is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys getting tired and suddenly injuries starting to pop up as well. Going to guess the 2 are related.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    God I'm glad to have football again. This is great.
    It's been killing me, waiting the last few weeks since my last fantasy draft and nothing to do but pay attention to the minutia of pre-season.

I'm also very happy that my most expensive fantasy team has Josh Allen as the QB. Gives me a reason to cheer for the Bills tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    Rams offense has been putrid, credit to the Bills defense for that.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if the Bills are just The Inevitable this year or if Stafford managed to win a ring in his last good year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an absolutely amazing game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only ever hear Jalen ramsey mentioned two ways

1) how he's the best, and when he gets beat but tackles the guy, they talk about how the wr did it against the best
    2) when he gets smoked for a deep td (usually when it matters most)

Ive never seen less production from someone talked about so superlatively
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Part of it is probably the Rams didn't play starters in any preseason game and the Bills did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I only ever hear Jalen ramsey mentioned two ways

1) how he's the best, and when he gets beat but tackles the guy, they talk about how the wr did it against the best
    2) when he gets smoked for a deep td

Ive never seen less production from someone talked about so superlatively
    Eh, seems like most good CBs get this treatment. If they are doing their job they aren't mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Four turnovers, and you still win with 31 points. Shit's scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random thought I had during half time, that didn;t come true: I expected first game of the season + really hot night in LA to lead to cramping down the stretch on both teams. But I don;t think anyone did.

Might have been due to the Bills putting this away in the 3rd already, but Rams were TRYING so I would have expected to at least see something, but nope.

Going to guess conditioning for both these teams is on point.

The commentators were mentioning how Kupp does not have OBJ or Woods to take the pressure off, meaning that defenders can focus on him more. But I thought that was supposed to be the point of having Robinson, yet they only targeted AR3 twice in the game. It was nearly all Kupp and Higbee and if you're only going to throw to two guys then it becomes easier to cover them.
    Last edited by VMSmith; 2022-09-09 at 03:52 PM.

Missed the game due to being out in the woods looking for delicious elk. I actually get ok cell reception at camp. Yay for the Bills!

Being that I didn't see the actual game, what were the circumstances of the ints Allen threw?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Four turnovers, and you still win with 31 points. Shit's scary.
    This is my take away too. Against the Super Bowl champs, no less.

We blitzed 0 times, and had 7 sacks. And it's not like the Rams were in empty sets all night, they ran 11 personnel 100% of the time. We feasted. They're definitely missing Whitworth.

My favorite stat? Ramsey gave up a perfect passer rating of 158.3, 131 yards and 2 TDs, to 4 different WRs total on the Bills.

Clean up the turnovers and let's fucking run through some walls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Missed the game due to being out in the woods looking for delicious elk. I actually get ok cell reception at camp. Yay for the Bills!

Being that I didn't see the actual game, what were the circumstances of the ints Allen threw?
    One wasn't his fault, McKenzie bobbled it and practically handed it to the CB. The other was a bad throw slightly behind the WR that the CB made a good play on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The other was a bad throw slightly behind the WR that the CB made a good play on.
    I'm like a good 85% sure that if Allen had played in preseason more, with more time to adjust to game speed, that he would have anticipated that DB closign in correctly and either not thrown it, or thrown it better to prevent the pick (ie more out in front).

Given teh end result of the game though, I think The Bills are fine with not having played anyone in preseason and taking these lumps in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    they ran 11 personnel 100% of the time.

What does this mean? When do teams run less than 11 players unless someone wasn't paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    What does this mean? When do teams run less than 11 players unless someone wasn't paying attention?
    11 personnel is 1 back, 1 TE, 3 WRs on the field. XY personnel just refers to how many backs/TEs are on the field.

23 personnel would be 2 backs, 3 TEs. 12 personnel is 1 back, 2 TEs, 2 WRs. Etc.