Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/08/polit...sit/index.html

US Secretary of State Eeyyyyyy (Antony) Blinken, in an unannounced trip to Ukraine, is giving high fives and fist bumps for the counteroffensive.
    saw a video of him giving Patron some treats.

Incredible urge to tag all russian (pro-war) and/or russian-aligned posters to ask them how are their "heroic boys" doing in "liberating" Ukraine. Must resist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Incredible urge to tag all russian (pro-war) and/or russian-aligned posters to ask them how are their "heroic boys" doing in "liberating" Ukraine. Must resist.
    The shared account of Shalcker is banned. What is weird is that they didn't try with another account. Are they all conscripted?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    The shared account of Shalcker is banned. What is weird is that they didn't try with another account. Are they all conscripted?
    Yuppie has also been gone for quite some time, did we score a double?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I don't want to get too far ahead and call it a rout, but it has been an impressive advance given how slow Russian ones have been. There is still a lot of territory to retake though and plenty of bodies for Putin to throw into the fight.

While there have been plenty of small scale surrenders of a handful of soldiers there hasn't been anything large scale which would show a complete collapse of morale.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m guessing all the Russians officers in charge should be avoiding standing near windows or balconies for the foreseeable future.

This is what real liberation looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I don't want to get too far ahead and call it a rout, but it has been an impressive advance given how slow Russian ones have been. There is still a lot of territory to retake though and plenty of bodies for Putin to throw into the fight.

While there have been plenty of small scale surrenders of a handful of soldiers there hasn't been anything large scale which would show a complete collapse of morale.
    Yet...but I agree, I was getting ahead of myself
    I do think, however, if/when Ukraine takes Kherson, Izyum and Kopyansk (spelling?) that the russian morale might be dealt a fatal blow.

Heck even just taking Kherson might do it sue to the amount of soldiers trapped there.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yuppie has also been gone for quite some time, did we score a double?
    I don't think Waffles got banned yet but the poor dude's probably having a real bad day, no sense in kicking a boy while he's down.

Seems yuppies ban lifted… you guys just HAD to rattle the chains hm?

It’s like saying beetle juice 3 times…

5+ Year Old Account
    Very good ukraine, rush out of ur fortified defended positions into pockets, leaving u exposed..
    So many people post here like its a movie..

So people here were saying Russia was 'starving' the 3rd world..

Turkey's Erdogan echoes Putin's gripes over grain exports.

ISTANBUL, Sept 8 (Reuters) - Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday he wanted grain from Russia to be exported too, adding Vladimir Putin was right to complain that grain from Ukraine under a U.N.-backed deal was going to wealthy rather than poor countries.

The grain-export agreement aimed to avert a global food crisis by guaranteeing the safe passage of ships in and out of Ukrainian ports, allowing them to export tens of millions of tonnes of grain that had been blockaded by Russia's invasion.

The deal - signed by Ukraine, Russia, Turkey and the United Nations - also facilitates Russian exports.

"The fact that grain shipments are going to the countries that implement these sanctions (against Moscow) disturbs Mr. Putin. We also want grain shipments to start from Russia," Erdogan said at a news conference with his Croatian counterpart.

"The grain that comes as part of this grain deal unfortunately goes to rich countries, not to poor countries," Erdogan said.

On Wednesday, Russia's President Putin floated the idea of limiting the deal given it was delivering grain, other food and fertiliser to the European Union and Turkey rather than to poor countries.

The Istanbul-based coordination group, which includes the four signatories, said some 30% of cargo has gone to low and lower-middle income countries.

NATO member Turkey has close ties with both Russia and Ukraine and has sought to balance relations through the war, rejecting Western sanctions on Moscow while also criticising the Russian invasion and supplying Kyiv with armed drones.

U.N. and Russian officials met in Geneva on Wednesday to discuss Russian complaints that Western sanctions were impeding its grain and fertilizer exports despite the U.N. agreement.

Ismini Palla, U.N. spokesperson for the Black Sea Grain Initiative, said a drop in global wheat prices in August was partly due to exports resuming from Ukraine, and ensuring food and fertilizer supplies was critical to maintaining this trend.

Despite some 100 cargo ships having left Ukrainian ports since the deal was signed in late July, Ukraine's wheat has still not been reaching its traditional clients in Africa at anywhere near normal volumes.

The U.N.- and Turkey-brokered deal must be renewed every 120 days by agreement of the parties. It expires in late November.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Very good ukraine, rush out of ur fortified defended positions into pockets, leaving u exposed..
    It seems like every day of the past seven months (after the initial failure of the Russian invasion to finish in three days) we've been hearing that Russia has been playing 5D chess and only wants to look like their army is an incompetent, corrupt, band of ill-trained, ill-equipped thugs and that they're going to bust out some heretofore unknown massive elite force that we've no reason to expect they possess, can muster, or can equip.

And... well, it aint happened yet.

Is getting even more of their men utterly routed, abandoning equipment, and being shot in the backs while they flee all a part of Russia's "master plan," too?

If they were capable of "looking like they'd lose just to lull Ukraine into a false sense of security and lose massive swaths of land at a rapid pace only to rally back and win it all" wouldn't it have been easier to... have just won out the gate?

So people here were saying Russia was 'starving' the 3rd world..

Turkey's Erdogan echoes Putin's gripes over grain exports.

ISTANBUL, Sept 8 (Reuters) - Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday he wanted grain from Russia to be exported too, adding Vladimir Putin was right to complain that grain from Ukraine under a U.N.-backed deal was going to wealthy rather than poor countries.

The grain-export agreement aimed to avert a global food crisis by guaranteeing the safe passage of ships in and out of Ukrainian ports, allowing them to export tens of millions of tonnes of grain that had been blockaded by Russia's invasion.

The deal - signed by Ukraine, Russia, Turkey and the United Nations - also facilitates Russian exports.

"The fact that grain shipments are going to the countries that implement these sanctions (against Moscow) disturbs Mr. Putin. We also want grain shipments to start from Russia," Erdogan said at a news conference with his Croatian counterpart.

"The grain that comes as part of this grain deal unfortunately goes to rich countries, not to poor countries," Erdogan said.

On Wednesday, Russia's President Putin floated the idea of limiting the deal given it was delivering grain, other food and fertiliser to the European Union and Turkey rather than to poor countries.

The Istanbul-based coordination group, which includes the four signatories, said some 30% of cargo has gone to low and lower-middle income countries.

NATO member Turkey has close ties with both Russia and Ukraine and has sought to balance relations through the war, rejecting Western sanctions on Moscow while also criticising the Russian invasion and supplying Kyiv with armed drones.

U.N. and Russian officials met in Geneva on Wednesday to discuss Russian complaints that Western sanctions were impeding its grain and fertilizer exports despite the U.N. agreement.

Ismini Palla, U.N. spokesperson for the Black Sea Grain Initiative, said a drop in global wheat prices in August was partly due to exports resuming from Ukraine, and ensuring food and fertilizer supplies was critical to maintaining this trend.

Despite some 100 cargo ships having left Ukrainian ports since the deal was signed in late July, Ukraine's wheat has still not been reaching its traditional clients in Africa at anywhere near normal volumes.

The U.N.- and Turkey-brokered deal must be renewed every 120 days by agreement of the parties. It expires in late November.
    I'm sure Putin's "concern" over the plight of other countries is genuine, and not just baseless posturing.

It's not like he instructed his military to go on a murderous rampage committing war crimes in a neighboring country unprovoked, or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Seems yuppies ban lifted… you guys just HAD to rattle the chains hm?

It’s like saying beetle juice 3 times…
    Ah, thanks for noticing. I've preemptively re-put him on ignore so I wont have to be surprised by his inane ramblings or that wannabe-edgy horror movie avatar of his.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Good grief, the levels of cope. Even Russian milibloggers are saying the front has collapsed and some even say Izyum is surrounded.

It doesn't match the Russian representative to the UN who says there has been no offensive at all, it has all been staged by Ukraine in an effort to get more weapon's, but they won't stop the inevitable because Russia stronk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good grief, the levels of cope. Even Russian milibloggers are saying the front has collapsed and some even say Izyum is surrounded.

It doesn't match the Russian representative to the UN who says there has been no offensive at all, it has all been staged by Ukraine in an effort to get more weapon's, but they won't stop the inevitable because Russia stronk.
    Even russan youtubers that support russa are kinda salty right now:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Even russan youtubers that support russa are kinda salty right now:
    Hmm I watched that video, and though I have no idea about his other videos, this one is quite clearly a direct opposition to putin and the war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ukrainian troops have reached Kopiansk.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mil_Repor...84226268303360
    I feel the stated intend of going for Kherson and the subsequent reinforcement by the russians was part of the Ukrainian plan all along: weakening the east, while launching an offensive AND a surprise offensive in Kharkiv. A good old 'you look this way, so i'll go that way'.

Reports that Ukraine captured/liberated Senkove village in Kharkiv, it's to the south of Kopiansk..
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-09-09 at 12:29 PM.

Welcome back!

You left in such a hurry last time! Care to elaborate why a ukrainian nuclear power plant is off-limits to Ukraine, but not Russia? Or are you gonna hurry off again soon after expelling the copium?

In fact, let's re-post what I replied to you last time so we get a full picture of your concerns over nuclear plants but not the genocided people...

Both western n ru news, nuclear plant held by russia, or u think washingtonpost n the rest is owned by kremlin?

I ask again, stop chicken out, 1)who is shooting at the russian held plant?

As for Bulgaria, it's one of the countries in the neighborhood, that don't want a 2nd chernobyl.

So, I do care.

(2)If ukraine wants to fight russia, (3)NOT AT A FUCKING NUCLEAR PLANT FFS. (4)Ukraine is acring like unhinged rogue state that wants to win at any price, (5)incl making its own citizens glow green n neighbor countries too..

(6)Kinda hard to care about a state that cares so little..
    Followed by my reply!

Let's dissect this post further for the audience:

1) Russians are shelling the plant, hence why russian troops are not panicking like elsewhere when vs ukrainian troops, probably has even been linked earlier in this thread - Ukrainians have absolutely no reason to shell the plant, it is a major source of energy for them, Ukraine causing a meltdown in their own country and against other non-participants is not clever in the slightest when Ukraine wishes to get closer ties with them. Ukraine has no reason to shell the plant and then blame Russia as it is far more harm for them + other innocents - saying otherwise is just the least believable propaganda. Nothing to gain for Ukraine, everything to lose, including support if Ukraine randomly decides to induce a meltdown.

2) As if it's a question, "Do you wish to save your country from being entirely wiped out, people and all?"

3) Russia chose to invade a nuclear power plant to steal it, and chooses to store their volatile ammunition there.

4) You're saying Russia isn't an unhinged rogue state for seeking to genocide a population, culture and sovereignty, by also occupying a nuclear plant to steal energy + hoping to blame Ukraine by shelling it with meltdown scare - all while blackmailing Africa with a food crisis and Europe with energy one??

5) Russia shelling the said plant = Ukraine isn't responsible for Russia's psychopathic carelessness.

6) But you DO care about Russia, the said unhinged rogue state going straight for wiping out the entire nation and all of its aspects including food + energy crisis plan...Ironic, isn't it?

People can make their own conclusion of what you are actually rooting for.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-09-09 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Welcome back!

You left in such a hurry last time! Care to elaborate why a ukrainian nuclear power plant is off-limits to Ukraine, but not Russia? Or are you gonna hurry off again soon after expelling the copium?

In fact, let's re-post what I replied to you last time so we get a full picture of your concerns over nuclear plants but not the genocided people...

Followed by my reply!
    Dude, dredging up nearly a week's old discussions is just petty on your part when he evidently decided he weren't going to keep trying to argue that line of thought in the thread at that occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Dude, dredging up nearly a week's old discussions is just petty on your part when he evidently decided he weren't going to keep trying to argue that line of thought in the thread at that occasion.
    Now that you put it that way, it makes sense. If he doesn't wanna defend his propaganda, just posts with fire-and-forget type...People will learn his modus operandi either way!

Actually thanks for the feedback, it is heeded. Feeding trolls is bad anyway.