So on Gear Progression in Dragonflight.

Seems that the raid doesn't have a set ilvl for most bosses. Rather there is a large range of ilvls from the first to the final boss. E.g. Mythic Eranog is 424, Mythic Terros (the next one) is 427, Mythic Dathea is 431 and Diurna is 434. I have no idea how that is supposed to make sense. It effectively makes earlier bosses irrelevant faster. And this is a small raid to being with.

As for professions, there seems to be a bit of timegating with Spark of Ingenuity coming from the Tyrhold area from a quest (that seems to not be repeatable so weekly? Daily?)
    My question is where does Primal Chaos drop? Does it drop just in instances or also from Elites in Elite areas or from World Quests? If you are up for a lot of grinding, primal chaos gives you Primal Infusion which is used to craft mid Heroic Ilvl gear (414 so the ilvl of the 2nd-4th Vault bosses). Given people can exchange Primal Chaos to buy potions from the new cauldrons, I somehow doubt it will be a very limited resource.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So on Gear Progression in Dragonflight.

Seems that the raid doesn't have a set ilvl for most bosses. Rather there is a large range of ilvls from the first to the final boss. E.g. Mythic Eranog is 424, Mythic Terros (the next one) is 427, Mythic Dathea is 431 and Diurna is 434. I have no idea how that is supposed to make sense. It effectively makes earlier bosses irrelevant faster. And this is a small raid to being with.

As for professions, there seems to be a bit of timegating with Spark of Ingenuity coming from the Tyrhold area from a quest (that seems to not be repeatable so weekly? Daily?)
    My question is where does Primal Chaos drop? Does it drop just in instances or also from Elites in Elite areas or from World Quests? If you are up for a lot of grinding, primal chaos gives you Primal Infusion which is used to craft mid Heroic Ilvl gear (414 so the ilvl of the 2nd-4th Vault bosses). Given people can exchange Primal Chaos to buy potions from the new cauldrons, I somehow doubt it will be a very limited resource.
    I'll check out the raid ilvl's in a second, but my first thought was that this may be how they intend to nerf the raid? Basically giving you better and better loot the farther you go, while the entire thing may be tuned to be doable with the lowest tier of ilvl?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I'll check out the raid ilvl's in a second, but my first thought was that this may be how they intend to nerf the raid? Basically giving you better and better loot the farther you go, while the entire thing may be tuned to be doable with the lowest tier of ilvl?
    Well for any guild that progresses reasonably slow, this just means early bosses are pointless. I did not check but the last two bosses better drop weapons for everyone . . . I think they tried this experiment before and people loathed it and it never went live?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well for any guild that progresses reasonably slow, this just means early bosses are pointless. I did not check but the last two bosses better drop weapons for everyone . . . I think they tried this experiment before and people loathed it and it never went live?
    So I just went on Beta and it surely feels a bit weird - most tier pieces are as low as the loot from the first boss for example. Last two bosses seem to drop enough weapons for everyone though from what I see at a glance.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why are earlier bosses pointless? Goal of a raid is to kill bosses, loot is just what enables you to do that.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Also, why are earlier bosses pointless? Goal of a raid is to kill bosses, loot is just what enables you to do that.
    Goal of a raid on progress is to kill bosses. And if you progress super fast it's never an issue. If you take 2-3 months to clear the raid though, the first few bosses soon become farm. They are bosses the raid has already killed and is just spending time killing again. At that point, you very much are just killing them for the loot you need to kill the ones you are still progressing on. The moment that loot is useless for almost everyone in the raid except that one rogue who still needs a trinket, you have drama. Especially if skips are available.

So I just went on Beta and it surely feels a bit weird - most tier pieces are as low as the loot from the first boss for example. Last two bosses seem to drop enough weapons for everyone though from what I see at a glance.

- - - Updated - - -

Might end up clashing with M+, where you will likely be able to get consistent ilvl.

In a vacuum it should be fine, even if it would be problematic depending on where the most impactful items drop.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Might end up clashing with M+, where you will likely be able to get consistent ilvl.

In a vacuum it should be fine, even if it would be problematic depending on where the most impactful items drop.
    Just looks like a needless complication, that's all. Add the crafted gear having varying ilvls and that's just a mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Goal of a raid on progress is to kill bosses. And if you progress super fast it's never an issue. If you take 2-3 months to clear the raid though, the first few bosses soon become farm. They are bosses the raid has already killed and is just spending time killing again. At that point, you very much are just killing them for the loot you need to kill the ones you are still progressing on. The moment that loot is useless for almost everyone in the raid except that one rogue who still needs a trinket, you have drama. Especially if skips are available.
    Mhm, groups can always just reactivate their past weeks raid lock if no one needs loot of farm bosses anymore, and that's how my guild atleast plays the last mythic bosses anyways. And if there is still loot for someone it shouldn't become an issue to farm that item for them - I remember all the painsmith re-kills just for our dh's for example. Also with skips you usually can kill the last bosses and than go back and kill boss XY who drops that trinket if people still didn't have it in their weekly vaults.

- - - Updated - - -

Just looks like a needless complication, that's all. Add the crafted gear having varying ilvls and that's just a mess.
    Idk, it feels a bit like they are trying to keep a nice ilvl curve through a raid - Shadowlands already did that with the last bosses and it felt super good so I don't mind a middle tier in ilvl's for the middle bosses either.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    The future is now bois! They added a boat timer!

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    The future is now bois! They added a boat timer!
    I can't get over how horrific the weird twink Asian MMO look is for the visage form.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I can't get over how horrific the weird twink Asian MMO look is for the visage form.
    Ye, ye. Some people will never get over this topic.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Btw something separate, I wonder when these Primalists recruited? I guess the time skip allowed remnants of the Twilight Hammer to coalesce around this new goal? But who gathered them up and gave them the information about the Incarnates?
    We see Twilight's Hammer distinct from the Primalists and their goals don't really have much to spring off from. The Primalists want to go bvck to the elemental origin of Azeroth and away from the Titans' design but do intend for that world to then exist. It's unclear if they even want to go that far and if it isn't a Dragon-exclusive bit. The Hammer are a doomsday cult.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye, ye. Some people will never get over this topic.
    Yea..true, but its very hard to unsee sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Someone pointed out that the ancient DRAKkari empire looks like both Northrend and Dragon Isles. Maybe they are the "primordial trolls" and that's why Ice is being built up as an elemental force and not water?

If Storm and Fire are the big elements at launch, and we're probably getting an Earth themed zone (Underground) then it could stand to reason we get an ice patch.
    Ice is used for water element because it is easier to manifest on dry land and frost breath looks and feels mlre dangerious than a dragon spitting on you.

7+ Year Old Account
    New ilvl loot progression in Vault of Incarnates.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/loot-it...28771#comments

Pretty ok with this. Less emphasis put on last 2-3 bosses.

New ilvl loot progression in Vault of Incarnates.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/loot-it...28771#comments

Pretty ok with this. Less emphasis put on last 2-3 bosses.
    It's essentially the same thing we have but more spaced out plus depending on the ilvl gap between tiers it will make entry bosses easier too

Lol I just tried testing a bit of demo in the PTR. At first I was wondering where the Pit Fiend from the Nether Portal was when it ended and on the second cast I just went right next to the target dummy. Still almost missed it since it was smaller than my Wrathguard and only a bit bigger than the imps.

Lol I just tried testing a bit of demo in the PTR. At first I was wondering where the Pit Fiend from the Nether Portal was when it ended and on the second cast I just went right next to the target dummy. Still almost missed it since it was smaller than my Wrathguard and only a bit bigger than the imps.
    That is pretty funny. I almost hope it goes live like that, solely for the meme potential of Demonology warlocks, masters of demons, only managing to summon a baby pit lord.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That is pretty funny. I almost hope it goes live like that, solely for the meme potential of Demonology warlocks, masters of demons, only managing to summon a baby pit lord.
    Thats just prime new pet material(Baby Pit Lord that is)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats just prime new pet material(Baby Pit Lord that is)
    One of the raid encounters has baby proto whelps and they look ridiculously cute. And we'll probably have to kill them. Not to mention cooking uses a lot of duck meat. That's not why we wanted Ducks in the game Ion!