10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    And Wong watching.
    And asking: who the hell are you two talking to?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I can answer that question for you.

They have been trying surpress different opinions from the start. If you criticise the shows message you are either a liar or a misogynist or both. Somehow they decided that they have the right to decide what is and isn't the "right opinion" to have.
    Judging by the castigation I took here yesterday for having an apparently wrong opinion, I suppose you are to be castigated as well for stating such vile exaggerated lies.

It is heartwarming, though, that we are of the same mind on the show and male representation in it.
    If I am wrong on that topic, then that means I am not alone in the wrong, heh

Will try to make a more coherent post on the issues I took with the show later on, if I get spare time to.
    Cheers

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    A smart direction to take she-hulk season 2 would be to embrace the trolls and get under their skin more and more each episode. It'd be hilariously in tune with She-Hulk to depower critics by being oblivious to them.

Like imagine the final episode being a large twerking montage.
    This shows been the best one from Disney+ sheerly out of the publicity they're getting. Now millions more will tune in immediately for the opportunity to OP the outrage thread.
    And yet it's the lowest viewed show on Disney+. Curious how that works, doesn't it? You'd think with all the social media outrage, more people would watch it out of curiosity, and yet that isn't what is happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And yet it's the lowest viewed show on Disney+. Curious how that works, doesn't it? You'd think with all the social media outrage, more people would watch it out of curiosity, and yet that isn't what is happening.
    Where do you get those numbers from? All I can find is that it's surpassed Ms. Marvel and is on par with Hawkeye.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    Judging by the castigation I took here yesterday for having an apparently wrong opinion, I suppose you are to be castigated as well for stating such vile exaggerated lies.

It is heartwarming, though, that we are of the same mind on the show and male representation in it.

Will try to make a more coherent post on the issues I took with the show later on, if I get spare time to.
    Cheers
    They are trying to do the same shit to people critical of Amazon's trash Tolkien fan fic show. All these consoomerists do is project and deflect, calling people istaphobes thinking that it'll somehow get people to watch the garbage they shill for.

There's plenty of great entertainment out there still, but it's hilarious that these hacks keep trying to subvert popular fandoms like Marvel and LOTR and expecting fans to just take it on the chin. Now you see the results because they've gone full mask off with their hatred towards fans and fandoms of the stuff they are trying to ruin.

They are trying to do the same shit to people critical of Amazon's trash Tolkien fan fic show. All these consoomerists do is project and deflect, calling people istaphobes thinking that it'll somehow get people to watch the garbage they shill for.

There's plenty of great entertainment out there still, but it's hilarious that these hacks keep trying to subvert popular fandoms like Marvel and LOTR and expecting fans to just take it on the chin. Now you see the results because they've gone full mask off with their hatred towards fans and fandoms of the stuff they are trying to ruin.
    How are they trying to subvert She-Hulk fandom? By making a legal comedy about a comic that's also a legal comedy?

Thank God there are good shows out there.
    Out of the recent ones, I thoroughly enjoyed "Reacher" and "Terminal List".
    Would not ever imagine Chris Pratt to be such a solid actor, his performance is very convincing and believable.

They have been trying surpress different opinions from the start. If you criticise the shows message you are either a liar or a misogynist or both. Somehow they decided that they have the right to decide what is and isn't the "right opinion" to have.
    No one's suppressing your opinion. You just don't like getting pushback against your opinions.

Its also been demonstrated multiple times in this thread that you're a liar and misogynist. I'm even willing to add misandrist to that list because you've continually lied about how men are represented in the show. Why you gotta hate on the dudes?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank God there are good shows out there.
    Out of the recent ones, I thoroughly enjoyed "Reacher" and "Terminal List".
    Would not ever imagine Chris Pratt to be such a solid actor, his performance is very convincing and believable.
    I've been binge watching The Expanse and that show is really well done. Shame it ended, but the story has been really good, the acting great across the entire cast and the VFX is also a strong point. I haven't read the books but if the show is anything to go by, the books I'd assume are just as compelling. Haven't watched Reacher yet, but The Terminal List was kind of mid. Not bad, but not amazing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are lying to make your argument.
    Thank you for proving my point. Again. I am not liking the show, so obviously I am a liar.

All it shows is that you are unable to actually refute my points, which admittedly is difficult since it is so painfully obvious how biased the shows representation is. So the only thing you can do is dismiss them outright.

You are basically saying all these other men are negative because YOU see them as negative, not because they are actually negative.
    Actually I went by the shows own choice of judgement:

Mansplaining = Capital Crime, the bain of Jen's entire existence, ergo Bruce is a monster
    Trying to ask someone out in a bar = Ewww, gross

I assumed the male criminals would be bad, because they are well... criminals, but if you disagree... allright I guess.

And you think men isn't a demographic that I, a man, would care about?
    That is exactly the point I got called out for earlier. So I will give you the same response: "What does it matter what your gender is." You can be male and not care about other people of your gender very easily. Just as there are several women that have called the series out for it's sexism, despite it being "on their side".

The absolute arrogance you have making that absolute garbage tier statement. You are wrong. They literally have shown the negative female elf
    Mhm, strange how it was Pug who had to defend himself for the statements of said Elf, not she herself.

Madisynn in the latest episode isn't shown as positive.
    The one who went to a hell dimension, survived their alone for a while and found her own way back? That Madisynn?

Remind me what did Wong do when he was confronted with a handful of mini demons? What did the friggin Sorcerer Supreme with decades of experience do? He had to ask Jen for help, because he could not handle that alone.

Just compare these two characters in one episode and say again that something isn't off. A drunk airhead is shown more capable in dealing with mythical threats then the friggin Sorcerer Supreme...

Hell, by YOUR logic, Blonsky's multiple life partners aren't positive.
    Uhm yeah, that is literally what I said. It isn't. It isn't shown as positive either. Usually people at least frown on a guy having his own harem, you know. Not that I personally really care, but Jennifer is obviously disturbed by it, though I am not sure for which reason. Either because the idea of a harem does not sit well with her or because a guy looking like Blonsky can get so many women.

The female judge board member can be viewed as negative. You are inconsistent with how you are judging negative light.
    How? She is the only reason Jen even managed to drag the proceedings out until Wong arrived, her male colleague had made up his mind before they even started.

Even Jen and her paralegal can be viewed as being negative.
    Because she supports Jen no matter what happens? Weird way to show negativity.

You are judging the male characters by one standard and the female characters by another and it is clear to anyone even those that have not even watched the show that you are using a double standard.
    Nope. The double-standard is entirely the shows. But I do not expect you to admit that.

Your head canon is not the show and given your audacity with this latest reply. Do everyone including yourself a favor and leave the topic.
    I know you would love to get rid of the critical voices, much like the other guy. I fear if you want an echo chamber you will need to find one that is not on a public forum. If you cannot handle different opinions then I guess it is better you leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    No one's suppressing your opinion. You just don't like getting pushback against your opinions.

Its also been demonstrated multiple times in this thread that you're a liar and misogynist. I'm even willing to add misandrist to that list because you've continually lied about how men are represented in the show. Why you gotta hate on the dudes?
    This reply is probably the most ridiculous one yet. But again it proves my point, so thanks. Luckily there is no moderation in this thread or your constant insults might actually have consequences.
    You call my opinion a lie, you call me misogynist because I dislike sexism no matter if it is targeting males or females and now you call me misandrist because I take issue with the representation of males in this show? Huh. Really precious.

I've been binge watching The Expanse and that show is really well done. Shame it ended, but the story has been really good, the acting great across the entire cast and the VFX is also a strong point. I haven't read the books but if the show is anything to go by, the books I'd assume are just as compelling. Haven't watched Reacher yet, but The Terminal List was kind of mid. Not bad, but not amazing either.
    Oh, thanks for the idea about the Expanse, I'm trying to make myself to enjoy Orville atm, but it doesn't click.
    I was told that Orville is a good Star Trek-like show with a touch of humour, and I sorely needed that after the disaster that is Picard s2 along with ST: Discovery.
    Reacher is great imo, the lead actor is the same one who played Thed in "Blue Mountain State" - would you believe that?
    Last edited by Fortress of Arrogance; 2022-09-10 at 02:58 PM.

Oh I am. But I don't really care. Resorting to insults just shows that they have no actual arguments.

Oh you are not wrong. You were just speaking the truth to people who can't handle it and attack anyone that dissents from their narrow worldview.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    --snip--
    Thank you for proving everything I said in the last post 100% correct, your literally point out your own self defeating argument.

You are NOT a critical voice in this show, you are literally lying about it in your argument. You take any negative trait of a male and go "See, male negative" but when pointed that women are also can be viewed negative you focus solely on the positive. Your standard for male characters is completely different than your standard for female characters and your response prove it beyond all doubt.

You are dishonest.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for proving my point. Again. I am not liking the show, so obviously I am a liar.

All it shows is that you are unable to actually refute my points, which admittedly is difficult since it is so painfully obvious how biased the shows representation is. So the only thing you can do is dismiss them outright.
    Because they're lies. If someone makes up a bunch of data in a scientific study, you don't waste your time debating their conclusions, because the premises those conclusions are based on are false. You just demonstrate where the lies are, and your debunking is complete, and thorough.

There's plenty of positive male characters in the show. Bruce, Wong, Pug, Holliway (so far at least), Jen's old boss, child oncologist dude. I already gave you the same short list once, and you ignored it, because it proves you to be misrepresenting the show.

Are any of those characters flaweless? No, but that's an unreasonable standard. Characters are supposed to have flaws. Trying to make it about flaws is an attempt to shift the goalposts to avoid admitting you're lying about the show.

Nobody gives a shit if you don't like the show. You keep getting pushback because you insist on storming in here and openly lying about the show, and then feigning aggrievance when people push back against you for lying to their faces.

You're being shown the exact level of disrespect you've shown the entire thread the since Post 1.

There is no sexism in the show. The sexism is entirely in your own head.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-09-10 at 03:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man why do you people lie to blatantly, if your going to be dishonest can you atleast try to be competent about it?

But how did these shows compare to She-Hulk in terms of viewership? The Direct, shared the following information from SambaTV, “She-Hulk boasts healthy viewership numbers, with data showing that 1.5 million US households streamed the series in its first four days of availability.”

How does this compare to the likes of Ms. Marvel, Loki and Hawkeye? According to the same article, over the course of five-day premiere viewership; Loki comes in first place with 2.5 million, followed by a tie between The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Moon Knight with 1.8 million, WandaVision with 1.6 million, Hawkeye (now tied with She-Hulk: Attorney at Law) with 1.5 million, Ms. Marvel with 775 thousand and What If..? coming in last place at 281 thousand (one-day availability).
    https://showsnob.com/2022/08/24/she-...iewership/amp/
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

men have character flaws but otherwise are generally decent dudes - MISANDRY!!!

women have even slightest degree of competence and dare to complain about some of the males in their lives - MAN HATING MARY SUES.

I have to wonder. when you all see what to me are obviously positive portrayals in such a negative light... what does it say about YOUR vision of masculinity?

P.S. Endus, you forgot to add Jen's dad to your list. Jen's dad is THE BEST.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been watchin the show with my wife and daughter. its pretty damn cool. Idk why it gets the hate it does. I enjoyed the mini cross-over with the dr. strange universe and WONG is a badass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    P.S. Endus, you forgot to add Jen's dad to your list. Jen's dad is THE BEST.
    You are, of course, perfectly correct and he's probably the best human being in the show and forgetting him was unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    I've been watchin the show with my wife and daughter. its pretty damn cool. Idk why it gets the hate it does. I enjoyed the mini cross-over with the dr. strange universe and WONG is a badass!
    It's a good topic, actually.
    I'm watching she-shrek with my fiancee, and we both are questioning our sanity over doing so.
    We watched "She-Mother:smol multiverse of sadness feat. Dr.Strange" together, too. We both disliked that movie for a variety of reasons, among them being:
    1. the movie making no sense unless you've watched quite an awful show called Wanda/Vision
    2. the movie being entirely about Wanda despite being called "dr.Strange" and said dr.Strange playing not even a 2nd violin, reduced to a plot device/support cast levels in HIS OWN movie.
    3. We don't talk about the demise that Illuminati have had to face at the hands of Wanda.
    ...to name a few.

I guess what I am saying is tastes might vary.
    I find all the marvel series and recent movies to be godawful, including "Love and Taika Waititi's Humor" and I drew no joy out of watching any of them.

It's a good topic, actually.
    I'm watching she-shrek with my fiancee, and we both are questioning our sanity over doing so.
    We watched "She-Mother:smol multiverse of sadness feat. Dr.Strange" together, too. We both disliked that movie for a variety of reasons, among them being:
    1. the movie making no sense unless you've watched quite an awful show called Wanda/Vision
    2. the movie being entirely about Wanda despite being called "dr.Strange" and said dr.Strange playing not even a 2nd violin, reduced to a plot device/support cast levels in HIS OWN movie.
    3. We don't talk about the demise that Illuminati have had to face at the hands of Wanda.
    ...to name a few.

I guess what I am saying is tastes might vary.
    I find all the marvel series and recent movies to be godawful, including "Love and Taika Waititi's Humor" and I drew no joy out of watching any of them.
    I think it's nice that you treated yourself to a ring for your left hand, but calling her your fiancee is pushing it, don't you think?