Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    All above ideas are good.
    I would also add one more thing - find niche in your server market.
    Check what things sell for good money and there are not many of them due high demand.
    It can be anything: herbs, gems, enchanting mats, fish etc.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quest at max level.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Quest at max level.
    Pretty much this.

There is too much competition for gathering professions. You will be flying around endlessly without finding any nodes, particularly if you don't have epic flying.

Joining Gdkps as a booster and not a buyer can be very lucrative, but you need to be already geared, and there is a bit of luck involved. I've seen clears with bad luck on drops that end up getting you not even 100g. Stupid leather healing gear every time...

The most reliable way to make gold is definitely doing dailies and quests. If you have a DK, I assume you probably already have at least another max level char? So that's basically 2 chars you can do the SSO dailies, and once you have an optimal path pretty much figured out, doing 15 quests in an hour is easily doable. 2 chars, that's 300g in gold from the quest rewards, plus the drops you get from the mobs you kill (cloths, greys, greens, marks/signets).

It's not fancy.. it's not going to magically get you your 7k in 3 days, but it will get you there!

Farm Ramparts or Blood Furnace solo, it's about 200g per hour if you are slow. I'd recommend getting the Brutal Gladiator gear first as it will make it smoother and will help you with levelling in WOTLK.

The elemental farms for primals can be decent, but people like to tank the prices so check this before spending a while getting a stack. On my server since pre patch primal air went from around 8g to 23g so the northern edge of shadowmoon valley is a good spot. I also rate the field south of it more highly for primal fires than the hellfire spot people claim is amazing, despite often having more players than mob spawn points...

I couldn't recommend avoiding mining more strongly though. On my server I have levelled mining twice and struggled to even find nodes to skill up, so you then waste many hours riding around zones that don't appear to have any nodes because they are so contested. At that point just clearing Outland quests at max level would give far better gold per hour.

The mining issue gets even worse if your server has bots farming the nodes, in addition to the players. Players do it for hours on end too, I can farm elementals all day and keep seeing the same players grabbing the nearby nodes.

My server is packed with miners (bots?)
    Even steel ore is hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I tried mining.
    It is full with people.
    Thats funny. Cause Ive made 300gold already doing mining and herbing on one of the fresh servers. My toon is only 28 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Thats funny. Cause Ive made 300gold already doing mining and herbing on one of the fresh servers. My toon is only 28 btw.
    Found you problem.

I don't know why people continue to reply. We already found the source of the problem (which is common with "how do I make gold" threads). The OP is lazy, as he has already demonstrated.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I just leveled mining from 1-300 on my DK alt. Probably 3 hours. But I also bought ore to smelt to make it go faster.
    I leveled mining to 300 too.
    My server's ores are very cheap. I bought Thorium and Fel Iron Ores and smelt to 300.

When WotLK releases, before anyone has flying, I will try to mine like crazy.
    Once people have flying, too late to mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never played classic and got a DK.
    He is poor and doesn't even have gold to buy class train.

I need 7000 gold for epic flying, WotLK flying and dual spec.
    I don't want to level a profession. (I could end up lose gold)

What is the fastest way to earn gold without a profession?

14 years ago, I had jewelcraft.
    I got 300 gold every day from selling Dragon's Eye.
    I don't know if this method will work.
    well there's your first mistake, because not only are professions mandatory for the profession exclusive buffs and passives they provide to you, but they are by far the only way to really make gold in quantities that's viable for any sort of regular consumable usage or similar.

if you want to make easy money with little to no effort, take herbalism and farm up all the herbs you can get your hands on for making the various flasks and combat potions, because if the economy is anything like it was back in the day, especially on new servers, it's one of the most lucrative professions to have early game and into late game, with only a couple of the professions being high end/proper end game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't know why people continue to reply. We already found the source of the problem (which is common with "how do I make gold" threads). The OP is lazy, as he has already demonstrated.
    while i don't disagree with your hypothesis, i must also add that it doesn't help the mindless drones of retail WoW have been conditioned over years and years of QoL updates to expect great reward for very little effort, when those constructs no longer exist they don't know what to do, hence the title of the thread.

I leveled Mining to 350.

I tried to level Jewelcraft as a Draenei.
    I am really broken at 130.
    The Moss Agate costs 5 gold. Now I have to mine it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Making gold in this game outside of grinding professions or AH flipping (or doing carries) seems basically impossible unfortunately. IDK why we can't make gold running M+ and shit like that.
    Because then there would be millions of additional gold and then shit would inevitably also cost... said millions of additional gold.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level up from 1 to 70 with mining and herb.

That will net you some 6/10K easily. Right now everyone is consuming ores, bars and flowers like Oxygen.

Also, from leveling a DK you should have made some 3K from Outland quests and vendoring greenies/blues/trash. You can use that to flip AH items.

Sell tanking services.

Do daily quests (easy 2,5K gold per week with 2h average time daily)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Making gold in this game outside of grinding professions or AH flipping (or doing carries) seems basically impossible unfortunately. IDK why we can't make gold running M+ and shit like that.
    You can make thousands by leveling or doing daily quests. Easily 2/3K per week just doing daily quests. Sure it´s work, but in just 2 weeks you can net 5K easily just this way.

Realistically, you only need 10K gold to play in Northrend at full speed, with Dual Spec, and some spare for consums/repairs. So 3 weeks of work gets you there.. not relying on the server economy at all (imo the best way as it is a straight line with no obstacles, just you make your timming). Pre-patch is 4 weeks. So it is doable by simply playing the game with this priority.

I mean, it is an MMO.. you are meant to work for it and grind a bit..
    Last edited by shise; 2022-09-12 at 09:44 AM.

My server is packed with miners (bots?)
    Even steel ore is hard to get.
    Uhh... there is no 'steel ore'. Steel Bar = Iron Bar + Coal.
    Just think about it - do we mine steel ore irl? No - it is an alloy.

Did you mean Iron Ore?
    Iron is very cheap as it is required almost exclusively for BS and you should avoid mining it (unless it still gives you skill points).
    Focus on Mithril.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-09-12 at 10:12 AM.

For the first month herbalism will make a fortune. There will be a lot of people rushing making inscription trinkets for the darkmoon faire which is open just before launch day. These will need a lot of stacks of herbs.

Other than that if you have no interest in grinding a profession then as people suggested there are a lot of dailies at level 80 you can do. Profession bonuses are important in wotlk and if you want to raid they are pretty necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should join GDKPs for every raid, Karazhan, ZA, Gruul+Mag, SSC, TK, MH, BT, SWP, there are raids who do "even split" then you get gold by just attending, as a "buyer" but you don't actually have to buy anything. That's sort of a scumbag thing to do, and "even split" is extremely bad rules toward boosters, but somehow these runs exist and are perfect for new players.

Alternatively, if you have money to spend IRL, you can buy Game Tokens in Retail WoW and trade for Classic Gold. This is 100% "legal" and not against the ToS, you cannot get banned from doing this as long as you get the retail gold from game tokens, although not encouraged by Blizzard so they won't refund you if you get scammed. But there are discord servers with verified safe traders.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    You should join GDKPs for every raid, Karazhan, ZA, Gruul+Mag, SSC, TK, MH, BT, SWP, there are raids who do "even split" then you get gold by just attending, as a "buyer" but you don't actually have to buy anything. That's sort of a scumbag thing to do, and "even split" is extremely bad rules toward boosters, but somehow these runs exist and are perfect for new players.

Alternatively, if you have money to spend IRL, you can buy Game Tokens in Retail WoW and trade for Classic Gold. This is 100% "legal" and not against the ToS, you cannot get banned from doing this as long as you get the retail gold from game tokens, although not encouraged by Blizzard so they won't refund you if you get scammed. But there are discord servers with verified safe traders.
    I've heard stories otherwise of people getting banned for trading Retail Gold for Classic Gold.

Of course, without actual proof its he said she said but still... OP I wouldn't go down that road
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting Loremaster of Outland on top of all the gold I need. I'm on Maladath with no economy. You can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

.... Realistically, you only need 10K gold to play in Northrend at full speed, with Dual Spec, and some spare for consums/repairs....
    I played on the current beta to level 72...didn't want to do more levelling to make game stale. There's one new thing (or I think its new) I noticed and that's additional new quest rewards. At the end of every small quest chain there's an additional reward called something like a Northrend Adventurers pack. It contains drinks, food, and alchemy products (mana, health and the range of every sort of alchemy product you could think of except flasks). I was ready to stock up on some of these for levelling - I had two bags full of this stuff from doing half a level. Later on - particularly in the zones with phasing - apparently you get badges for finishing quest chains (to encourage completion so everyone ends up in the same phase).

I started on beta with 6k (had bought fast flying). I spent all I could on professions and training and bought dual spec - by level 72 I was back to 5.8k gold - but there was stuff I was vendoring that would be mailed to alts on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I've heard stories otherwise of people getting banned for trading Retail Gold for Classic Gold.

Of course, without actual proof its he said she said but still... OP I wouldn't go down that road
    I doubt there is any truth to such stories, there are many such deals happening every week, if people got banned, it woudln't continue.

The only way that would happen is if there is non-legit gold involved, if someone traded wrong gold OR if someone of course scammed. If you get scammed, you won't get the gold back, but they can still ban the scammer.

But I never heard of anyone doing a legit deal who get banned, cause it's not against the rules.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail