10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Now there's reports on Pushilin (the Russian appointed leader of the DPR) both fleeing Donetsk and resigning as leader.

If that all is true... maybe wishful thinking but we might see the DPR actually surrendering?
    If the DPR would surrender then the landconnection to Crimea would be broken and the russian failure would be complete.

Video of Pushlin allegedly fleeing Donetsk:

https://twitter.com/fbeyeee/status/1568741351805648897

(I speak none of the languages used here, hence allegedly.)
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-09-10 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Now there's reports on Pushilin (the Russian appointed leader of the DPR) both fleeing Donetsk and resigning as leader.

If that all is true... maybe wishful thinking but we might see the DPR actually surrendering?
    Honestly if these reports are accurate and Ukraine can keep this momentum up, I'd love nothing more than to see Russia and its terrorists puppets driven back into Russia.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Honestly if these reports are accurate and Ukraine can keep this momentum up, I'd love nothing more than to see Russia and its terrorists puppets driven back into Russia.
    I'd wish for them to be littered along the trail back to Russia. Them making it back? Not required at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

the sheer amount of equipment they have abandoned lmao. Whole tank divisions. They put on civilian clothes, got into stolen cars and ran as fast as they could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    the sheer amount of equipment they have abandoned lmao. Whole tank divisions. They put on civilian clothes, got into stolen cars and ran as fast as they could.
    Here you go:

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/sta...77872533721093

It's amazing really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Dunno, going full Stalin mode on Russians? Fat chance of being able to do that, though.
    Russia isn't the soviet union in more ways than just their reduced capacity for acting like a great power with their foreign policy, especially not the one of the first half of the 20th century.

Any replacement trying to become that totalitarian against ethnic Russians is likely going to be sticking their own neck out.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

Moscow Officials Urge Putin to GTFO: ‘Everything Went Wrong’

More and more Russian officials are urging Vladimir Putin to get the hell out of the Kremlin as Moscow suffered another series of humiliating defeats in Ukraine this weekend.

Just one day after several municipal deputies in Putin’s hometown of St. Petersburg called on the State Duma to try the Russian leader for treason, their colleagues in Moscow joined in and demanded he step down because his views are “hopelessly outdated.”

The open letter to Putin from municipal deputies in the Russian capital’s Lomonosovsky district started out by seemingly trying to let him down gently, telling him he had “good reforms” in his first term and part of his second.

But then, “everything went wrong,” the deputies said.

“The rhetoric that you and your subordinates use has been riddled with intolerance and aggression for a long time, which in the end effectively threw our country back into the Cold War era. Russia has again begun to be feared and hated, we are once again threatening the whole world with nuclear weapons,” the letter read.

"We ask you to relieve yourself of your post due to the fact that your views and your governance model are hopelessly outdated and hinder the development of Russia and its human potential,” the deputies said in closing.

Though they made no mention of the war against Ukraine, their plea came as Putin’s deranged “special military operation” next door took a spectacular nosedive, with thousands of Russian forces fleeing as Ukraine’s military launched a series of surprise counter-offensives and reclaimed nearly 400 square miles of territory in a matter of days.

Even the pro-Kremlin Telegram channels run by Russian military bloggers had a dramatic change of tune as Ukraine claimed new wins Saturday: They began to openly blast military leadership—and Putin personally—for the embarrassing failures.

7+ Year Old Account
    It seems more of a panic reaction. Also, shows you how loyal Putlers followers really are, suddenly NOW he is a detriment to the nation.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-11 at 11:41 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'd say it's over when his followers feel safe enough to demand Putin be arrested and tried for treason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'd say it's over when his followers feel safe enough to demand Putin be arrested and tried for treason.
    The main question is, how many are going open? Also, fat chance Putler will willingly get removed. He would be on a complete mercy of others after he looses his power.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    russian forces appear to have been ordered to abandon the Kharkiv oblast/area. (or made to by the Ukrainian forces.)

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/statu...23234489307136

Only some forces left on the east bank of the Oskil (?) river. According to the russians themselves.

the only bad part of this offensive is now that they have recaptured settlements they should expect to find Bucha like horrors the orcs have left. Mass graves, stories of rape, looting and torture. Hopefully enough of the cunts responsible never made the retreat and can find their ultimate destiny as sunflower fertilizer.

I'd want to see evidence first. What Russia says and what it does are two different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more than mildly curious what the "Followers who feel safe enough" to "Window" ratio is?
    The ones who are still loyal in his council, if any, are the ones I'm curious on. Ineffective middle managers are easy to defenestrate by people higher up the Putin chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I'd want to see evidence first. What Russia says and what it does are two different things.
    Quite a lot of locals raising Ukrainian flags, videos of running russians, the russian MoD showing no forces left in Kharkiv. I mean, you're right to be skeptical but you can't deny that it does appear that the russians are going away, voluntarily or by force.

https://t.me/zvezdanews/92222

Best I could find, I don't speak russian but this is the document that allegedly shows no more forces west of the river.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It seems more of a panic reaction. Also, shows you how loyal Putlers followers really are, suddenly NOW he is a detriment to the nation.
    They have no reason to be loyal when the biggest thing keeping them in line are structurally unsound windows.

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I'm more than mildly curious what the "Followers who feel safe enough" to "Window" ratio is? The ones who are still loyal in his council, if any, are the ones I'm curious on. Ineffective middle managers are easy to defenestrate by people higher up the Putin chain.
    I admit that I'm waiting to see if there's a purge of some sort.

7+ Year Old Account
    I admit that I'm waiting to see if there's a purge of some sort.
    Any attempted purge will just make him instantly gone. This is not Stalin era. If people see he goes full retard, they will get rid of him.