Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This is a pretty dumb take, if i ever read one.

So, shuffling 18 years of class gameplay into a new tree, where most of it is already existing is comparable to creating 12 new entirely new specs\archetypes, with unique flavor, animations, with new skills and spells, etc? It's hard enouigh as it is to make fresh classes or specs, and you want 12 in a go.

wow. thanks for the laugh, i guess.
    I don't think you grasp how difficult the balance for DF is by creating an entire new class and revamping the entire talent system into something that's never been done before in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I don't think you grasp how difficult the balance for DF is by creating an entire new class and revamping the entire talent system into something that's never been done before in wow.
    Mists of Pandaria added a new class and race and a new talent system.

Stop doubling down on that nonsense.

Reshuffling a decade worth of spells and skills into a talent tree and balancing it, will always be easier and faster than creating 12 entirely new specs, archetypes that make sense, skills and spells, rotations and animations, and everything that goes along a spec, and then, *gasp* ALSO BALANCING those out as they're doing to the new trees.

Anyway, guess that's the hill you decided to die on, i'll just move along now.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Stop doubling down on that nonsense.

Reshuffling a decade worth of spells and skills into a talent tree and balancing it, will always be easier and faster than creating 12 entirely new specs, archetypes that make sense, skills and spells, rotations and animations, and everything that goes along a spec, and then, *gasp* ALSO BALANCING those out as they're doing to the new trees.

Anyway, guess that's the hill you decided to die on, i'll just move along now.
    Right so I guess they just get all abilities spread out across 18 years, get a monkey to draw the trees and then Randomly throw each talent into each slot and hope they stick like a 5 year old with a glue and glitter project.

Yup, 48 distinct trees plus 1 new class is so much easier than 14 new specs from classes that already exist.

I think moving along is definitely a good call for you, papi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Well the mop talent system was a lot more simple than DF.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-09-13 at 03:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game turning a small way back to being a socially based MMO and not LFG features would be highest on my list even though I fully understand it is impossible.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Except they are true...

Again, I predicted SL during bfa, and DF while SL was in beta.

I'm more in touch with wow than most posters here believe me.

As for the tinker stuff, I never really thought they'd be a class with engineering being a thing, I actually figured a dragon class was what was next giving DF was the logical explanation after SL.

I just like getting a rise out of posters on these forums who lack the social awareness to tell of someone is being serious or not.
    Predicted nothing. Shadowlands was practically set in stone cause of the whole garrosh storyline Sylvanas went through, questlines etc and that during N'zoth fight Azshara reveals to us Sylvanas's plan. And Dragon isles has been hinted since MoP. You delude yourself to bolster some grand ego that you're right. Trying to predict the ending of Dragonflight and stating 11.0 will be the biggest wow expansion which is just farfetched idea.

11.0 will be the biggest wow expansion to date.

It's the 10th expansion and will most likely release in Nov 2024, during wows 20th anniversary.

What can we expect??

1. Well how about finally getting 4 specs for each class? People say that's it's an unrealistic undertaking, but of blizz can make 12 class trees, 36 spec trees, and one new class an expansion project, then 4th specs should require a similar amount of effort.

2. Open up race/class restrictions across the board. The only 2 hurdles I can see here are maghar locks and DHs as I feel the lore to justify that would have epic reach levels.

3. Multi class. Not everyone has the time to level multiple toons. So what if we gave players the ability to choose a second class that can be switched to and from your first by talking to class trainers. Kinda like spec switching. But again, switching must be done with trainers to avoid exploits.

4. New and improve cosmetic glyphs system.

There's that one fan concept flying around that looks awesome with the coffin earth ele, headstone totems, racial pally wings, etc. Maybe class skins for certain classes. Like lock - Necromancer, paladin - void knight,

5. 3rd major profession slot.

6. Archeology revamp

7. More allied and core races.

Horde

Ogre for core race and light forged undead for AR

Alliance

Ethereal for core and saberon for AR

Neutral

Tuskarr
    It's amazing that the wish list have nothing to do with gameplay xD

your fascination with races are very weird, you seem like a the kind of person who keep asking for more races ( delusional )

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    It's amazing that the wish list have nothing to do with gameplay xD

your fascination with races are very weird, you seem like a the kind of person who keep asking for more races ( delusional )
    4th specs, 3rd profession slot, arch revamp, more races have nothing to do with gameplay?? Lol wut. And I posted much more than just races my dude, idk what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    That new talent system was dumbed down to 5 choice lines with 3 talents each. That is far easier to implement than what they are doing now. Not remotely comprable.

- - - Updated - - -

Right so I guess they just get all abilities spread out across 18 years, get a monkey to draw the trees and then Randomly throw each talent into each slot and hope they stick like a 5 year old with a glue and glitter project.

Yup, 48 distinct trees plus 1 new class is so much easier than 14 new specs from classes that already exist.

I think moving along is definitely a good call for you, papi.
    LOL thinking 14 specs is easier sincve there are less of those than the number of talents is very ignorant thinking. It is far easier to do something with existing assets, then having to create 14 new spec completely from scratch. He was right, no point is debating someone who clearly doesn't understand what they are talkkigjn about.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new class would be easier to implement than 4th specs for each class.

much more customization, i want dracthyr level of customization for all the races.
    Heritage armor for all races.
    Blizzard finally fixing hunters thats been terrible ever since the legion rework so people arent forced to play wotlk classic for fun hunter gameplay.
    player housing.
    proper 3d armor/dyable armor.
    less transmog restrictions.
    Badges dropping from bosses in raids so even if you dont get loot, you atleast can work towards something (like in TBC/wotlk).
    Flying as soon as you hit max level.
    More to do in the world that isnt mandatory grind, also less "raid or die" mentality.
    Improving affixes for M+
    more Viscious mounts
    solo que RBGs (not sure if this is coming in DF or not)
    more cosmetics in general.
    less weapon restrictions for classes.
    more races added.

this is just top of my head for now

A warfront feature where it is a 1,2,3,4 player versus player or versus AI RTS piece of content where your character plays as your hero and you command the strategy, move units, create buildings, spawn units etc etc, all the things you would do in the RTS games but given a WoW hero focused spin and then Blizzard creating new battle locations, stories all over the place to keep conflict going inside the EK/Kalimdor. Dosent have to be horde vs alliance, could be any race versus any other. Also ability to do ranked/rated versions for titles/rewards etc.

A new pillar for small group content to go alongside m+.
    I was really hoping for Torghast to become something like that, but sadly that was just given up on... Endlessly repeatable procedurally generated content a la rifts / maps / whatever you wanna call it, where the further you get the higher the rewards - also content that's just not something you can really prepare for, requiring you to just be generally good instead of just practicing and memorizing every single pull in every single dungeon. Man, a rogue-like mode in WoW could have so much potential - just don't have the absolute insane swingy RNG stuff in there and you'd even have another serious eSport consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That new talent system was dumbed down to 5 choice lines with 3 talents each. That is far easier to implement than what they are doing now. Not remotely comprable.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL thinking 14 specs is easier sincve there are less of those than the number of talents is very ignorant thinking. It is far easier to do something with existing assets, then having to create 14 new spec completely from scratch. He was right, no point is debating someone who clearly doesn't understand what they are talkkigjn about.
    Whether easier or harder, it's not much by much. If blizzard is capable of such an undertaking for DF, then they sure as hell can tackle 4th specs. They could even stagger their releases of absolutely needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    A new pillar for small group content to go alongside m+.
    I was really hoping for Torghast to become something like that, but sadly that was just given up on... Endlessly repeatable procedurally generated content a la rifts / maps / whatever you wanna call it, where the further you get the higher the rewards - also content that's just not something you can really prepare for, requiring you to just be generally good instead of just practicing and memorizing every single pull in every single dungeon. Man, a rogue-like mode in WoW could have so much potential - just don't have the absolute insane swingy RNG stuff in there and you'd even have another serious eSport consideration.
    True. In essence, Torghast was a really good idea. But the tie in to legendarys was probably not the best of ideas. Roguelikes offer so much potential replayability, it'd be prime for further tweaking and offering more content to do if people please to do so, just not "forced" into the core loop like with the legendaries

1. World revamp. Do not care about anything else that much. 1 Timeline. Everything gets update after big changes. Not like cata once and done

2. More Customizations and Transmogs for EVERYTHING. It is laughable what existst in wow compared to other games in every aspect concerning this.

3. Seperate endgame Item progression. Everything is the same in open world content. But onyl raid gear is good in raids the rest is scaled down. Same with PvP, Mythic+ and pure open world gear from open world quests.

4. And i disagree with the "story should be outside of raids". Raids are the final culmination of the overall main story and they should keep that. They can add other stories outside with no connection but keep it a bit MMO. A part of everything should force you to play with others

5. Cut down hard on SP content. Other than leveling and maybe some world quests nothing should be singleplayer. You can disagree if you want. But this is a wish list. I know this won't happen.

6. make gear matter again. No Epics outside of endgame. Not epics from worldquests.

10+ Year Old Account
    For melee, I'd like more swingtimer and weapon-charging mechanics. A lot of melee specs feel like casters with short ranges. Melee combat feels floaty, not like you're swinging a real weapon.

Whether easier or harder, it's not much by much. If blizzard is capable of such an undertaking for DF, then they sure as hell can tackle 4th specs. They could even stagger their releases of absolutely needed.
    Yes it really is. Making lore for a 4th Spec going back and having to juggle to legion setup of weapons etc, that’s not at all going to make things break. The animations for each additional spec would take a long time to create. You’re asking for a huge amount of work. Then you have the broken their sets adding additional specs to those, as well as adding in the right amount of dullness so that everyone doesn’t respec into the new overpowered spec they were given and there ends up being the perceived “you’re not a Hunter/Rogue in Bard Spec? Sorry not taking you we only wanted you for your buffs”

Adding this imaginary 4th spec that doesn’t exist in lore or anywhere just because you’re bored of the game and want new specs to play is sad. If you want a fresh game with completely new classes go play something else

5+ Year Old Account
    World Revamp and City buidling.
    I would like to have more larger cities to explore.
    Give the allied races more settlements and purpose.
    And of course Housing. Let us buy and sell property and have a hearthstone to your own house.
    Enough places for enough people on each server right?

Horde
    - New Tauren city on southern Northrend where all Tauren races live combined (Bison, Moose & Cattle).
    - New Silvermoon. Bigger and more interesting (Like Suramar / Kul Tiras / etc)
    - More Forsaken villages accros the world in the style of New Agamand
    - A new large Orc city somewhere between de Barrens Stone Talon and Ashen Vale. Also a combined city of the different species
    - New settlements for the Nightborn acrros Kalimdor and Northrend
    - Vulpera camps on Kalimdor
    - A large Troll city on the Hinterlands coast instead of this Revanusk Village. A center for the Forest Trolls, with a large harbor and perhaps pirates.
    - More Pandaren outpost on Kaldimor

Alliance
    - Humans for me have enough big cities, but would like to see more Kul Tiran villages on Eastern Kingdoms.
    - Gilneas could be rebuild and used a large quest hub for the Worgen
    - The Draenei should rebuild their capital like Karabor on the spot where they are now. With a Harbor matching that of Kul Tiras. Lighforged joining.
    - The Night Elves should take over Mount Hyal and build a new home in the giant tree.
    - The Gnome remake Gnomeregan. Perhaps they can work together with the Mechagnomes and take over Mechacon or even connect the two cities.
    - Also the Dwarves have enough places, but they could enlarge Ironforge or build a real city under Aerie Peak.
    - Pandaren settlements accors Eastern Kingdoms

Then further I like to play:
    Horde
    - Arrakoa
    - Setthrak
    - Venthyr
    Alliance
    - Silvar
    - Jinyu
    - Saberon
    Last edited by BB8; 2022-09-13 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    World Revamp and City buidling.
    I would like to have more larger cities to explore.
    Give the allied races more settlements and purpose.
    And of course Housing. Let us buy and sell property and have a hearthstone to your own house.
    Enough places for enough people on each server right?

Horde
    - New Tauren city on southern Northrend where all Tauren races live combined (Bison, Moose & Cattle).
    - New Silvermoon. Bigger and more interesting (Like Suramar / Kul Tiras / etc)
    - More Forsaken villages accros the world in the style of New Agamand
    - A new large Orc city somewhere between de Barrens Stone Talon and Ashen Vale. Also a combined city of the different species
    - New settlements for the Nightborn acrros Kalimdor and Northrend
    - Vulpera camps on Kalimdor
    - A large Troll city on the Hinterlands coast instead of this Revanusk Village. A center for the Forest Trolls, with a large harbor and perhaps pirates.
    - More Pandaren outpost on Kaldimor

Alliance
    - Humans for me have enough big cities, but would like to see more Kul Tiran villages on Eastern Kingdoms.
    - Gilneas could be rebuild and used a large quest hub for the Worgen
    - The Draenei should rebuild their capital like Karabor on the spot where they are now. With a Harbor matching that of Kul Tiras. Lighforged joining.
    - The Night Elves should take over Mount Hyal and build a new home in the giant tree.
    - The Gnome remake Gnomeregan. Perhaps they can work together with the Mechagnomes and take over Mechacon or even connect the two cities.
    - Also the Dwarves have enough places, but they could enlarge Ironforge or build a real city under Aerie Peak.
    - Pandaren settlements accors Eastern Kingdoms

Then further I like to play:
    Horde
    - Arrakoa
    - Setthrak
    - Venthyr
    Alliance
    - Silvar
    - Jinyu
    - Saberon
    Do have interesting ideas for Horde and Alliance. Arrakoa as a choice is alright. Setthrak definitely yes but Venthyr just reskinned elves and we got enough of that. Like the Gilneas one cause the zone was interesting and hated how it wasn't used at all after worgen starting area. Silvermoon and Gnomeregan and Draenei would be interesting to see.