Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    The entire expansion has the feel of being what I can essentially only describe as cardboard. You're buying a product with the most basic features and with the least amount of content yet and the only positive is the Post-launch information that will not be available to consumers until 2 months after launch and by that point the community will be in a furor about the Profession Boosting issue.

I am mostly just happy that the release is so soon, so that we can move towards a better product for 11.0.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    The entire expansion has the feel of being what I can essentially only describe as cardboard. You're buying a product with the most basic features and with the least amount of content yet and the only positive is the Post-launch information that will not be available to consumers until 2 months after launch and by that point the community will be in a furor about the Profession Boosting issue.

I am mostly just happy that the release is so soon, so that we can move towards a better product for 11.0.
    "Least amount of content yet"
    "Profession boosting issues"

What?

1+ Year Old Account
    Also it is very convenient for the developers to hide behind traditions which is why we cannot know the direction of the expansion and their design of the expansion until after 2 months have passed after launch of the expansion.

Again, looking forward to seeing if the Post-launch info is good but other than that I don't feel this is a product up to any set of standards beyond pleasing shareholders with a record breaking Q4 quarter.

Buyers beware, indeed.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

They have to keep players interested months on end and if they fail to do that then they are not succeeding with what an MMO was about. How do they keep players as myself who only care about getting KSM to log in daily or weekly after my own personal goals are met? I really feel like the playerbase has figured out their loop, builds are fleshed out before they release. Routes for the various dungeons are figured out well in advance and shared online so even that does not have a sense of discovery. The latest patch had me stay 2 weeks before and then 9 days after the patch to get KSM and move on to other games. I myself only care about the progression element and since i pug everything there is almost no strings to keep me subbed. They need to fix that and perhaps i will talk others into coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Let me put it simple. Imagine eating a can of beans every at each meal, knowing that the only alternative is tree bark.

Like seriously, if you quit WoW what else are you gonna play? Some Korean weebfest MMO? Some horrendous P2W MMO? Some MMO that is already dead? Or perhaps play a single player game...for like a week.

Don't kid yourself, WoW is the best MMO that is currently on the market. Unless of course you're one of these FFXIV fans or the fan of some MMO that may be unplugged any day now, like GW2, in which case you should probably play those and not troll a WoW oriented forum. And you WILL play WoW for the foreseeable future no matter how bad it is, because even a bad expansion is still better than other MMOs.

Over 100,000,000 WoW accounts have been created since its inception.

so about 95million accounts disagree even accounting for people with multiple accounts and bots and ultra highball the number of people that do that and say 50million players quit to do something other than wow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Leveling is some of the worst it's ever been with forced breaks and down times from npcs trying to build character with unskipable ramblings.

Dungeons are really to incomplete for testing at this stage but the talent trees show quite a bit of promise.

Come back a month or so from the launch date for more info.
    I love this type of response. They could be handing out free money and you would be the one bitching because you had to pay taxes on it. No matter what they do it wont be good in your mind. I have a secret for you, you are just unhappy in Life so you wanna spread the joy.. LMAO
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I love this type of response. They could be handing out free money and you would be the one bitching because you had to pay taxes on it. No matter what they do it wont be good in your mind. I have a secret for you, you are just unhappy in Life so you wanna spread the joy.. LMAO
    Im not saying its bad, but it seens that the numbers are off? At least it was what i read.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Im not saying its bad, but it seens that the numbers are off? At least it was what i read.
    Idk how numbers would make dungeons incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Idk how numbers would make dungeons incomplete
    sorry i was talking about leveling... my bad

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    "Least amount of content" - is there anything like Torghast in DF? Or like Warfronts or Islands in BFA?
    "Profession boosting issues" - what do you think is blizzards main reason to add the crafting orders ? Tip: They sell tokens. And you can bring a few mats and a lot of gold to a raider to craft you raiding gear
    By that logic wotlk had the least content ever, cause it didnt have torghast, warfronts, islands, M+, monks, demon hunters, world quests, mage tower, chromie time, deaths of chromie scenario, zone invasions, dragon flying, and more.

yeah i guess it does not have those features? but you can literally do that with every fucking expansion

yeah there is stuff like torghast, there is stuff like warfronts and islands, they are called dragon flying races, elemental invasions, siege on dragonbane keep, arcane assembly, community feasts, fishing events, and more.

Man, them making professions actually fucking fun and useful enough, is a fucking bad thing? what the hell is that?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    By that logic wotlk had the least content ever, cause it didnt have torghast, warfronts, islands, M+, monks, demon hunters, world quests, mage tower, chromie time, deaths of chromie scenario, zone invasions, dragon flying, and more.

yeah i guess it does not have those features? but you can literally do that with every fucking expansion

yeah there is stuff like torghast, there is stuff like warfronts and islands, they are called dragon flying races, elemental invasions, siege on dragonbane keep, arcane assembly, community feasts, fishing events, and more.

Man, them making professions actually fucking fun and useful enough, is a fucking bad thing? what the hell is that?
    i dont think they even understand how work orders will work....

i am excited for the alchemy changes since WoD secondary stat flasks were something i was happy with until scrapped

Dragonriding is something extremely fresh and once you get used to it, it's extremely fun. It's also great that we can fly, even with limitations, from the day 1 of the expansion. Also, zones are huge and beautiful with plentiful small details.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The class changes ARE big and people who downplay it have no fucking idea what they are talking about. Many of the talents ARE returning bonuses/legendaries/sets from last 3 expansions, but the fact that you can now mix and combine them opens up a huge amount of options that will transform the way specs play a lot.
    Exactly this. Reintroducing older talents and lining them together is not a bad stuff. Sure, some specs have interely new tools, but that is not that important. As you said, we are now free to combine talents or legendaries which were previously locked. Thanks to class tree, some specs also got new spells/passives which were restricted to other specs within their class.

So yes, unless you play Evoker, you won't see many entirely new talents for your class, but even now, beta streamers show that classes will change greatly.

At this point, I just hope that class design is not completely shit like previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I just enjoy the multiplayer parts of an mmo and dislike leveling. Dungeons are also for the most part simply incomplete

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is bad for some folks. No matter what comes out, or what is created it will all be bad no matter what.

Haters gonna hate.

"Least amount of content" - is there anything like Torghast in DF? Or like Warfronts or Islands in BFA?
    "Profession boosting issues" - what do you think is blizzards main reason to add the crafting orders ? Tip: They sell tokens. And you can bring a few mats and a lot of gold to a raider to craft you raiding gear
    You know content doesnt mean content you like. Compare the amount of quests , dungeons , rare etc if you want to compare content. Also torghast is still in dragonflight, it doesnt lose past content.

But who are we kidding you cry about everything that isnt free mythic items for doing worldquests. You are probably one of the biggest hater on mmo-c

1+ Year Old Account

Both of the main features of this expansion Talent System Revamp and Profession Revamp are a waste of development time.

Talent System Revamp is a waste of time because it will cease existing after 1-3 expansions due to player feedback and complexity and we're back to a subpar system again due to these issues.

The Profession Revamp System is only happening due to the promotion of Paul Kubit to Associate Game Director, the man behind the WoD Profession Revamp who finally got to use his ego on what he wanted to do the most which was to revamp the entire Profession System completely. This entire Profession Revamp was paid with something and most people will agree it was paid with the promise of excessive WoW Token Revenue through Gearing/Alt Gearing and Material Boosting Services.

So again the entire Profession Revamp is the Child of one individual whos' ego is heavily inflated and toxic enough to be able to sway management to let him be in charge of this pointless Profession revamp in an expansion where the core features are literally just funny dragon can sway in the nonexistant wind, a system that returns from Classic Era of games that will be deleted after a few expansions and said Profession Revamp System that at its core is just a scheme to sell more WoW Tokens while letting someone whos' ego being inflated to a heavily degree spend development resources on a System that cannot work due to the broken economical system its in.

Thus creating a massive PR problem for the post-launch environment that will be a PR nightmare. It also doesn't help that the Specialization trees are just Timegated trees after the first personal choices and instead there's no actual choice as the most dedicated profession player will just max out their specialization over time making the system redundant to the goals of making interesting decisions. Again, they could've made the specialization interesting like they did in Classic Era of games but they didn't instead making it a choice only at the start when you're timegated from filling out the entire specialization tree. It's not very exciting or interesting like the profession specialization from the past.

Once again we have no actual legitimate positive news for Dragonflight beyond the vague hint of Evokers having Torghast Upgrades being the only clear hint that the development team may be thinking about Evergreening. Other than that we have to wait for positive news regarding Dragonflight 2 months after launch when they will lay out their development strategy and philosophy for Dragonflight Season 2-3 content.

The expansion itself is fine, I guess? I dislike being stuck on a Island for 2 years when the narrative is going to take a nose dive once again but what else is new. It is what it is.

It's just more of the same until we get the post-launch info dump and while the narrative is going to be unsalvageable, maybe the post-launch content won't be.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-09-14 at 03:30 PM.

Nihil.

Will the talent system matter if the majority of players just copy builds? Likely not as was with covenants, its the illusion of choice since i as a person who forms my own groups will judge or decline you for and yes dps already wait 5 mins in the premade finder they wont mind this i can assure you that ( I only tank or heal ). We can only hope that we can have a gear score or spec score if you will that tells you a fast way that someone knows how to read an internet guide or not.

They better hope like hell that dragon riding provides a long term incentive to log in because they are banking alot on it and since most of WoW's playerbase only gives a shit about power increases i have my doubts. If we see a large population decline then we can all point to not having systems that keep you engaged as in logging in daily as the downfall right? or are we gonna blame it on something else like wokeness or whatever youtuber/ twitch person said?

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Its early beta or alpha
    Sorry to burst your bubble but beta's are typically feature complete. Especially for WoW, betas have only been number adjusting.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Both of the main features of this expansion Talent System Revamp and Profession Revamp are a waste of development time.

Talent System Revamp is a waste of time because it will cease existing after 1-3 expansions due to player feedback and complexity and we're back to a subpar system again due to these issues.

The Profession Revamp System is only happening due to the promotion of Paul Kubit to Associate Game Director, the man behind the WoD Profession Revamp who finally got to use his ego on what he wanted to do the most which was to revamp the entire Profession System completely. This entire Profession Revamp was paid with something and most people will agree it was paid with the promise of excessive WoW Token Revenue through Gearing/Alt Gearing and Material Boosting Services.

So again the entire Profession Revamp is the Child of one individual whos' ego is heavily inflated and toxic enough to be able to sway management to let him be in charge of this pointless Profession revamp in an expansion where the core features are literally just funny dragon can sway in the nonexistant wind, a system that returns from Classic Era of games that will be deleted after a few expansions and said Profession Revamp System that at its core is just a scheme to sell more WoW Tokens while letting someone whos' ego being inflated to a heavily degree spend development resources on a System that cannot work due to the broken economical system its in.

Thus creating a massive PR problem for the post-launch environment that will be a PR nightmare. It also doesn't help that the Specialization trees are just Timegated trees after the first personal choices and instead there's no actual choice as the most dedicated profession player will just max out their specialization over time making the system redundant to the goals of making interesting decisions. Again, they could've made the specialization interesting like they did in Classic Era of games but they didn't instead making it a choice only at the start when you're timegated from filling out the entire specialization tree. It's not very exciting or interesting like the profession specialization from the past.

Once again we have no actual legitimate positive news for Dragonflight beyond the vague hint of Evokers having Torghast Upgrades being the only clear hint that the development team may be thinking about Evergreening. Other than that we have to wait for positive news regarding Dragonflight 2 months after launch when they will lay out their development strategy and philosophy for Dragonflight Season 2-3 content.

The expansion itself is fine, I guess? I dislike being stuck on a Island for 2 years when the narrative is going to take a nose dive once again but what else is new. It is what it is.

It's just more of the same until we get the post-launch info dump and while the narrative is going to be unsalvageable, maybe the post-launch content won't be.
    ???
    This entire post is literally nothing but wrong, how can you POSSIBLY get a post any more wrong then this?

Like holy moly, my dude evokers have torghast powers because they will be playable in the prepatch, and therefore need to be able to do torghast, as they will also have a couple legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, surely the early adaptations had leass features, but in Dragonflight we get a De-evolution. Gameplay is being abandoned that adressed literally millions. Without that gameplay people will leave even earlier.

No, those features appeared in BFA and Shadowlands.

Oh yeah, that dragon racing thingy where you have to fly through loops surely was the most effort ever a dev put into their casual gamer audience [/sarcasm]

Nothing of that replaces an ongoing gearing progression which is limited to premade groups only in WoW. WoW simply should take another step in evolution and try to implement broad audience gameplay.

"gameplay that adressed literally millions"
    I did not know you personally knew millions of people, and knew they all enjoyed playing torghast, man you must be super popular.

Every expansion has features, are you really PRAISING BFA and Shadowlands for having features?

This is just pathetic, yes dragon riding and races are fun, but i guess you praise and love the worst features wow has ever introduced like islands, warfronts, and torghast, so i guess I can't blame you for not knowing what actual fun is.

This is also just pathetic, cause you literally do not even fucking do you research, elemental invasions and siege of dragonbane keep, arcane assembly, all give raid level gear...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-09-14 at 07:09 PM.