Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Nope, just watched the first one, and it was a dumbster fire, i let other people took the bullet for me now and say what happens, and, some short scenes on social media

But, im going to watch friday with like 6 friends at the bar so we will discuss it, pretty much like we put bad movies on to laugh or asses off, like we did with the batman with nipples
    Oh man, get ready for the cringiest slow-mo horse-riding scene ever

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That scene alone should be enough for me to drop the series. There's more reason to do so, but DAMN that was some seriously terrible cinematography. They spent nearly a billion dollars and gave us shit like THAT?

What's going on at Amazon?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, im aware of that, i saw a pic, somehow she is more disturbing smiling than angry

And the mark? thousand of years with it, explorer every corner in the word to look for it, and they never imagined to go into numenor, or try to see it sideways

this show man

I mean, we do learn that Galadriel REALLY likes horses....
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I mean, we do learn that Galadriel REALLY likes horses....
    I recall seeing a lot of criticism around how they didn't humanize galadriel enough and figured this was their spiteful reaction to that...

"THERE ARE YOU HAPPY? SHE FUCKING LOOOOVES HORSES, YO! LOOK AT THAT 100% GENUINE HAPPINESS! NOW FUCK OFF."

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I recall seeing a lot of criticism around how they didn't humanize galadriel enough and figured this was their spiteful reaction to that...

"THERE ARE YOU HAPPY? SHE FUCKING LOOOOVES HORSES, YO! LOOK AT THAT 100% GENUINE HAPPINESS! NOW FUCK OFF."
    Go ask any normal girl you know about "horse girls". Prepare for an amusing answer.

As for the money..... a billion dollars and apparently you still have to find bargin-bin writers. Honestly it feels like Skyrim.... man this scenery is really pretty until someone opens their mouth.

"Hoe there traveler. I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post

The sad reality is they would have had that footage made months-to-years in advance. This was all deliberately planned, and it makes one really wonder what the hell the showrunners were thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    While I agree we could have done without the slo-mo horse-riding scene, you guys do actually understand why its there, right? Certainly not some nonsense about being out of spite to make her more human lol
    Does it really matter why it's there?

It shouldn't have been. It just doesn't work.

The sad reality is they would have had that footage made months-to-years in advance. This was all deliberately planned, and it makes one really wonder what the hell the showrunners were thinking.
    Not really... you shoot a shitton of more scenes than what actually makes it into the cut.
    So it could be that they added the slowmo scenes afterwards, since it's only a few basic clips... but I doubt it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not really... you shoot a shitton of more scenes than what actually makes it into the cut.
    So it could be that they added the slowmo scenes afterwards, since it's only a few basic clips... but I doubt it.
    They would have been shot at higher framerates to get the slow-mo effect, so it's not like they just took existing clips and put slow-mo mode on

Whether it was meant to be placed in this way is another question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Better to maybe go into realistic reasons its there (like showing an elf in her element, being free, after being adrift at sea, almost drowning, and then being briefly locked up, all after giving up on heaven because you know evil is still out there and nobody really believes you about it) than create reasons for it out of the hate you all carry.
    It's already nonsensical, so there's no reason to make sense out of any of it really. Literally have to turn my brain off to enjoy this show, otherwise I'd nitpick all sorts of shit. Like, she thinks of stealing a ship in Numenor, but she never thought to just wait to reach the shores of Valinor where it'd actually make more sense to steal a ship to return to Middle Earth instead of jumping ship and swimming. This show dodges basic logic. But I'm sure there's some deeper meaning that you're gonna tell me that I don't understand that needs her to jump off the ship at that moment instead of, you know, just waiting a bit and stealing a ship.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-09-13 at 10:46 PM.

They would have been shot at higher framerates to get the slow-mo effect, so it's not like they just took existing clips and put slow-mo mode on

Whether it was meant to be placed in this way is another question.
    Them shooting in higher framerate doesn't mean much. During a riding shoot like this, using HFR is common. And as I mentioned... it's deliberately shot, most shots are. Just that 90% never make it into the cut...it's the same with scenes, there's lots of scenes that never make it into cuts as well.
    So this could've been left out from the edit, and then added these 2-3 shots after the criticism since they aren't advanced shots as in they don't need VFX or much of grading.

But yeah, I doubt that's the case either way, so no point in this really.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The orcs put the elf fuckers to work on the day, instead of night, because its how they get that cool shot in the begining.
    Pretty sure the orcs complain about not taking day shift so it's likely they are working the slaves around the clock or in shifts.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was kind of on the nose in the trailer already.
    They shown black and Asian southlanders in the trailer about them, so unless there is another one I missed so it's only the orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, im aware of that, i saw a pic, somehow she is more disturbing smiling than angry

And the mark? thousand of years with it, explorer every corner in the word to look for it, and they never imagined to go into numenor, or try to see it sideways

this show man
    There are no thousands of years with the mark or exploring every corner of the world we see Her find the mark at the start of the show and then get told it's nothing leading to her being put on the boat.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    There are no thousands of years with the mark or exploring every corner of the world we see Her find the mark at the start of the show and then get told it's nothing leading to her being put on the boat.
    She saw the mark on her brothers arm first.
    The moment that made her go on the crusade.
    The ruins wasn't the first time seeing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    She saw the mark on her brothers arm first.
    The moment that made her go on the crusade.
    The ruins wasn't the first time seeing it.
    Ah your right, Slight correction then, they weren't looking for the mark in that time it's just something she saw on her brother and it's not until the start of the show do they actively know it's something to look out for/take note of.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ah your right, Slight correction then, they weren't looking for the mark in that time it's just something she saw on her brother and it's not until the start of the show do they actively know it's something to look out for/take note of.
    The intro is literally her pointing out that they can't figure out what the mark means.
    The way you try to explain it just makes the show even more dumb.

"Sauron found him first and marked him with a symbol. One whose meaning even our wisest could not discern"

Guess they saw the mark and said "fuck it we can't figure it out, it's probably not important" for thousands years.
    The intro clearly shows the mark is something they, including Galadriel, take huge note of.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-09-13 at 11:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess they saw the mark and said "fuck it we can't figure it out, it's probably not important" for thousands years.
    The intro clearly shows the mark is something they, including Galadriel, take huge note of.
    The show also states that more and more "began to believe that Sauron was but a memory". So not everyone was looking. It is also implied that the King kept humoring Galadriel. It implies that even she gave up on the symbol until she found it again just before her company enforced the order of the king by refusing to continue. The politics of forcing her to "retire" and that some believe she was kindling the flame of the enemy shows a political subtext going on at least with the more recent events.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    The intro is literally her pointing out that they can't figure out what the mark means.
    The way you try to explain it just makes the show even more dumb.

"Sauron found him first and marked him with a symbol. One whose meaning even our wisest could not discern"

ah didn't think to check the opening war, Ya your right it's just Kinda dumb then, unless they just wrote it off as some battle wound as apparently Gil-galad and Elrond Saw it for the first time when she brought it back and call it a "Mystery sigil" instead of something there Wiest took a look at and were stumped by.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The show also states that more and more "began to believe that Sauron was but a memory". So not everyone was looking. It is also implied that the King kept humoring Galadriel. It implies that even she gave up on the symbol until she found it again just before her company enforced the order of the king by refusing to continue. The politics of forcing her to "retire" and that some believe she was kindling the flame of the enemy shows a political subtext going on at least with the more recent events.
    How is Sauron but a memory when this show is supposed to take place during his rise to power?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    How is Sauron but a memory when this show is supposed to take place during his rise to power?
    Every one but Galadriel think he's long gone/dead and not threat while she thinks he's getting ready for a return.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    ...what? The same exact way he would have been "just a memory" during the period after his defeat by the Last Alliance. People thought he was gone for good...until he wasn't.