Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    PTR patch notes mention Evoker in the class changes
    How much you want to bet they’re not going to be on PTR and people will complain about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I like court.

But temple is the most boring dungeon in the history of dungeons.
    Should've picked one of the scarlets or Mogu'shan Palace.
    Agreed, Mists dungeons in general weren't the best but Temple was a particularly boring one. Shado-Pan I liked as lot but in M+ format it would likely take too long. Stormstout Brewery would have been my choice, albeit Mogu'shan was also decent.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Do we know that they'll just use the dungeons as they are with no changes to trash or boss mechanics? Pre WoD dungeons in particular did not even have Mythic versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Stormstout Brewery would have been my choice, albeit Mogu'shan was also decent.
    Brewery was just good fun and had interesting mechanics. Never understood why they chose to have us clear the dungeon in a scenario and then also have it as a proper dungeon with slightly different bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Do we know that they'll just use the dungeons as they are with no changes to trash or boss mechanics? Pre WoD dungeons in particular did not even have Mythic versions.
    MoP had Challenge Mode that was the same time trial shit as M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    MoP had Challenge Mode that was the same time trial shit as M+.
    Yes but Mythic + uses the base Mythic for mechanics and Mythic mode has additional mechanics to heroic; challenge mode did not. They absolutely could add an additional mechanic to each boss and to a few trash mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    PTR patch notes mention Evoker in the class changes
    How much you want to bet they’re not going to be on PTR and people will complain about it.
    Nope, just checked, not testable on the new PTR build
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Nope, just checked, not testable on the new PTR build
    They might never be testable on the ptr tbh. We can hope, but I dont think it will be. I cant remember if DH was enabled on the ptr eventually though so I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    They might never be testable on the ptr tbh. We can hope, but I dont think it will be. I cant remember if DH was enabled on the ptr eventually though so I might be wrong.
    They really don't need to be. Like every other class added in an expac before it, it has been testable since the earliest alpha built and because of the novelty a very large number of beta testers have been playing the class. They are getting their feedback. If the class is a bit broken for a few weeks before DF goes live they might make some fixes then but that's it.

The last two Season 1 Dungeons are Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and Halls of Valor.

Happy about SBG, even if it has some tough sections, but Halls of Valor is such a snorefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The last two Season 1 Dungeons are Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and Halls of Valor.

Happy about SBG, even if it has some tough sections, but Halls of Valor is such a snorefest.
    SBG was good enough to be a raid, the entire Shadowmoon clan art asset base was brilliant.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-14 at 09:08 AM.

Never really enjoyed SBG, such a mechanically uninteresting dungeon.
    Would definitely have preferred Everbloom and Vault of the Wardens. Though i guess both are considered excessively difficult with the affixes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    And still many people thinks there are only 4 new dungeons. I know there are totally uninformed people that are surprised patch is coming next day, but we are talking about ones that are invested enough to follow and comment on wowhead articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And still many people thinks there are only 4 new dungeons. I know there are totally uninformed people that are surprised patch is coming next day, but we are talking about ones that are invested enough to follow and comment on wowhead articles.
    People were refusing to accept that there were actually 8 dungeons at launch, with half being used in M+ S1, even when you linked them directly to the interview were they stated it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I just wish WoD dungeons had proper loot tables.

I still don't know if ID or GRD have any good loot in them.

I think they absolutely will need to change the loot tables for the old dungeons. I get not doing it fully for the Fated season because it was entirely an experiment but it should be done for this.

I mean, honestly, it's only WoD that has fucked up loot tables, because of the way they did dungeon loot, where every dungeon essentially shared loot and trinkets were just stat sticks.

The only dungeon from WoD that had somewhat interesting loot was UBRS.

But yeah, modernizing loot would be great. Comparing trinkets and even gear with effects from Legion and BfA to stuff from WoD/MoP makes it really lop-sided and annoying.

Same with necks and rings having main stat. It's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    People were refusing to accept that there were actually 8 dungeons at launch, with half being used in M+ S1, even when you linked them directly to the interview were they stated it.
    I mean, I can see where people are coming from.

After the first two weeks of the expansion, there are pretty much gonna be four new dungeons.

No ones gonna run the other dungeons outside of leveling/quests that require them.

Or how often did you run Theater of Pain in Season 4?

If we do indeed have halls of valor in season 1 I want blizzard to update Hyrja so it's not randomly killing dps in your group during tyrannical weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    If we do indeed have halls of valor in season 1 I want blizzard to update Hyrja so it's not randomly killing dps in your group during tyrannical weeks.
    Well let's hope they learned with Karazhan so we won't get fucked up tuning during the first month of season 1.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Does anybody else feel like this new season design takes away even more from the world building aspect? We are on the Dragonflight isles and suddenly go back to Halls of Valor to retrieve the Aegis. Jade Serpent ... ?? Feels more and more like Diablo 3 Season 27. On top of that we only get 8 Dungeons AGAIN which, quite frankly, is just not enough. 10 is the minimum imo to get a good rotation going.

If they repackaged old Dungeons through the Caverns of Time by making new Dungeons but with the old assets it would be fine by me. But this copy paste and changing numbers feels so lazy and immersion breaking. Cant really stand it even though I understand why they're doing it. They always come up with these ludicrous design decision why something can't work or is designed this way and explain it with their "lore" and "makes sense" reason. And then they do something like this with 0 reason, lore why we are going back there in the first place. More design for esports less for the MMORPG player. Terrible way of implementation.
    Last edited by Arai; 2022-09-14 at 11:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arai View Post
    Does anybody else feel like this new season design takes away even more from the world building aspect? We are on the Dragonflight isles and suddenly go back to Halls of Valor to retrieve the Aegis. Jade Serpent ... ?? Feels more and more like Diablo 3 Season 27. On top of that we only get 8 Dungeons AGAIN which, quite frankly, is just not enough. 10 is the minimum imo to get a good rotation going.
    My personal headcanon is that we have to timewalk back there because the infinite flight messed up the timeways and made it so that our original dungeon group didn't arrive. Basically Caverns of Time: TotJS/CoS/HoV/SMBG. Similiar to season 4 and the Dreadlords trying to manipulate stuff (although the WoD dungeons were kinda weird haha).

The fated raid quests also imply that someone tries to mess with the timelines already, although it's weird with Shadowlands as time should work differently there anyways.

Also imo 8 Dungeons is the golden number. Season 3 felt far too overwhelming for new players.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-14 at 11:30 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE