Quote Originally Posted by Arai View Post
    Does anybody else feel like this new season design takes away even more from the world building aspect? We are on the Dragonflight isles and suddenly go back to Halls of Valor to retrieve the Aegis. Jade Serpent ... ?? Feels more and more like Diablo 3 Season 27. On top of that we only get 8 Dungeons AGAIN which, quite frankly, is just not enough. 10 is the minimum imo to get a good rotation going.

If they repackaged old Dungeons through the Caverns of Time by making new Dungeons but with the old assets it would be fine by me. But this copy paste and changing numbers feels so lazy and immersion breaking. Cant really stand it even though I understand why they're doing it. They always come up with these ludicrous design decision why something can't work or is designed this way and explain it with their "lore" and "makes sense" reason. And then they do something like this with 0 reason, lore why we are going back there in the first place. More design for esports less for the MMORPG player. Terrible way of implementation.
    Does M+ in general even have any 'lore'? Even back before we started going back to old dungeons, what exactly was the immersive and lore-friendly reason that we took these keystones to these places that we've already been and then did the shit that we already did, but harder and as fast as possible so our keystone would be more empowered when we picked it back up at the end? How did seasons "build the world" to begin with, let alone start taking away from it now that we're doing the same shit, just super elsewhere instead of just locally elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Does M+ in general even have any 'lore'? Even back before we started going back to old dungeons, what exactly was the immersive and lore-friendly reason that we took these keystones to these places that we've already been and then did the shit that we already did, but harder and as fast as possible so our keystone would be more empowered when we picked it back up at the end? How did seasons "build the world" to begin with, let alone start taking away from it now that we're doing the same shit, just super elsewhere instead of just locally elsewhere?
    Pretty sure M+ was always bronze Dragonflight shenanigans. The fact that the Keystone is a bronze hourglass seems like a fairly large tipoff.

Might even have been offhandedly mentioned as the lore reason some time way back in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, honestly, it's only WoD that has fucked up loot tables, because of the way they did dungeon loot, where every dungeon essentially shared loot and trinkets were just stat sticks.

The only dungeon from WoD that had somewhat interesting loot was UBRS.

But yeah, modernizing loot would be great. Comparing trinkets and even gear with effects from Legion and BfA to stuff from WoD/MoP makes it really lop-sided and annoying.

Same with necks and rings having main stat. It's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I can see where people are coming from.

After the first two weeks of the expansion, there are pretty much gonna be four new dungeons.

No ones gonna run the other dungeons outside of leveling/quests that require them.

Or how often did you run Theater of Pain in Season 4?
    You don't really have any reason to do dungeons at all outside M+ though, even more so now that the expansion is basically over.

Mythic dungeons will likely be needed for profession reagents, so i imagine many might rerun all the DF dungeons, and not just the M+ ones.

Still, the reason to split the dungeon up like this is likely to ensure that not many run the remaining four dungeons outside once or twice for story purposes, or in general for gearing at the start of the expansion like usual. That way when Season 2 begins you have a fresh set of dungeons to run instead of just doing the same ones again.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I mean, Season 4 literally has a lore reason why we go to those dungeons: The defeat of the Jailer sent the Dreadlords into a panic and we are sent out to capture them to interrogate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Again, there is no change in the Beta for me. So I assume it's a bug if someone sees Kyrians there lol. They already replaced the classic Spirit Healer with the HD version with Shadowlands.
    Theres a Toy that replaces the SpiritHealer with a Kyrian.

My personal headcanon is that we have to timewalk back there because the infinite flight messed up the timeways and made it so that our original dungeon group didn't arrive. Basically Caverns of Time: TotJS/CoS/HoV/SMBG. Similiar to season 4 and the Dreadlords trying to manipulate stuff (although the WoD dungeons were kinda weird haha).

The fated raid quests also imply that someone tries to mess with the timelines already, although it's weird with Shadowlands as time should work differently there anyways.

Also imo 8 Dungeons is the golden number. Season 3 felt far too overwhelming for new players.
    Well there has to be a real reason not something I make up in my head. Not that hard for blizzard to implement a proper way.

I definitely hard disagree with the number of Dungeons. 8 get old real fast even if it is just for 1 season but maybe experiencing it first hand will change my mind as in 8 new dungeons every 6-9 months. Legion was the best model for me as the new dungeons also made sense for patch reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think they absolutely will need to change the loot tables for the old dungeons. I get not doing it fully for the Fated season because it was entirely an experiment but it should be done for this.
    I hope they do a Season tab in the Journal as well. Having to individually search for the dungeons is annoying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I hope they do a Season tab in the Journal as well. Having to individually search for the dungeons is annoying.
    You can get an addon for that =)

#TEAMGIRAFFE

You can get an addon for that =)
    You can get addons for everything. It doesn't mean that it shouldn't be introduced in the base game. I agree with him, you should have a dungeon journal window with everything season exclusive, dungeon, affixes and rewards included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody else feel like this new season design takes away even more from the world building aspect? We are on the Dragonflight isles and suddenly go back to Halls of Valor to retrieve the Aegis. Jade Serpent ... ?? Feels more and more like Diablo 3 Season 27. On top of that we only get 8 Dungeons AGAIN which, quite frankly, is just not enough. 10 is the minimum imo to get a good rotation going.
    ......Omg not every little % of this game has to be immersive friendly. Suspension of disbelief exists for a reason. I mean do you actually think champions of Azeroth go in a raid every week to kill Denathrius and so on and so forth? There's a point where you just accept the fact this is a game, a very big and popular video game but still a game.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ......Omg not every little % of this game has to be immersive friendly. Suspension of disbelief exists for a reason. I mean do you actually think champions of Azeroth go in a raid every week to kill Denathrius and so on and so forth? There's a point where you just accept the fact this is a game, a very big and popular video game but still a game.
    I mean every single time in a raid or dungeon after the first is not really immersive. You already did it. I am all for a focus on immersion but some elements of an MMO just don't allow for it.

When is the soundtrack gonna drop?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean every single time in a raid or dungeon after the first is not really immersive. You already did it. I am all for a focus on immersion but some elements of an MMO just don't allow for it.
    Exactly. We won't have 4 new dungeons in Season 1, we will have 0. Hell, other 4 may feel more fresh after 2 weeks of Heroic/M0 farming for XP/gear/quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    You mean OST? I have not heard any music, but I don’t think the music has been great for SL and BFA. Legion was amazing, specially the login music

https://www.wowhead.com/news/updated...nflight-328812
    So Merithra got an updated elf model. And it does NOT look like the loading screen model; different hair, different tattoos, eye color, horns.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/updated...nflight-328812
    So Merithra got an updated elf model. And it does NOT look like the loading screen model; different hair, different tattoos, eye color, horns.
    Yeah because the person on the Loading Screen is Ysera.

Always has been. There's no doubt about it and never was. It's literally a 1:1 copy of Yseras current model with slightly different hair.

People who thought it was the "new model" for Merithra were being delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    In late October/early November depending on 10.0 live date.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yeah because the person on the Loading Screen is Ysera.

Always has been. There's no doubt about it and never was. It's literally a 1:1 copy of Yseras current model with slightly different hair.

People who thought it was the "new model" for Merithra were being delusional.
    I thought it was quite obvious that it was Ysera, the broadcast text. The whole seed and malfurion thing on top of that. But ofc there will be some smartpants whos gonna quote me and say its not. But ye I had the same though as you.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean it was clearly defined by people in here that it was Merithra before the lore leak. No one really were going "It's Ysera" back when the Loading Screen first appeared until the Globe of Rebirth leak changed the trajectory of the conversation and then finalized with the broadcast text leak.

Hell people still clinged to the thought it was Merithra post-Rebirth leak until they finally relented with the broadcast text leak.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-09-14 at 03:42 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean it was clearly defined by people in here that it was Merithra before the lore leak. No one really were going "It's Ysera" back when the Loading Screen first appeared until the Globe of Rebirth leak changed the trajectory of the conversation and then finalized with the broadcast text leak.

Hell people still clinged to the thought it was Merithra post-Rebirth leak until they finally relented with the broadcast text leak.
    I said it was Ysera from day one of the loading screen datamine and people were all "haha no it's obviously Merithra because that no name char deserves a spotlight".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post

Even before the Rebirth-leak it was obvious that it was Ysera.

Merithra had completely different eye-marking, she doesn't have the blue eyes Ysera got in Shadowlands, she has curved horns, while Ysera has ones that bend outward at end, and Merithra doesn't have the floating disc thing at her forehead.

Apart from the hair being slightly different, the Green Dragon in the loading screen is identical to Ysera, compared to having nothing in common with Merithra (unless she randomly decides to get laser operation to change her tattoos).

Even then, it makes sense it's Ysera because Ysera is still the Green Aspect at the start of Dragonflight, so she is there with all the other Aspects.