This "war" is still going on? I only hear about it on here now lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This "war" is still going on? I only hear about it on here now lol.
    That says more about Canadian media thinking Canadians aren't as interested, rather than anything about the war, which is still very much a high intensity one that hasn't slowed down in pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    My response was also in reference to that post by Yuppie. Though I do wonder about the legality of designating them as PoWs I thought you had to be a recognised combatant for that.
    Russia refuses to declare, or even acknowledge it IS a war, so they (ruZZlamists of any sort in Ukraine) should not even be captured as prisoners of war. But as...terrorists that they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Russia refuses to declare, or even acknowledge it IS a war, so they (ruZZlamists of any sort in Ukraine) should not even be captured as prisoners of war. But as...terrorists that they are.
    Also true. Of course if we go that way then they also haven't committed war crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Russia refuses to declare, or even acknowledge it IS a war, so they (ruZZlamists of any sort in Ukraine) should not even be captured as prisoners of war.
    They are still PoWs
    In addition to the provisions which shall be implemented in peace time, the present Convention shall apply to all cases of declared war or of any other armed conflict which may arise between two or more of the High Contracting Parties, even if the state of war is not recognized by one of them.
    3rd Geneva convention "Treatment of Prisoners of War.", signed by Ukraine (in 2010) and Russia (well, they haven't ratified it yet).

so Xi Jinping is announced to specifically meeting Putin to only discuss Ukraine and Taiwan.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    They are still PoWs

3rd Geneva convention "Treatment of Prisoners of War.", signed by Ukraine (in 2010) and Russia (well, they haven't ratified it yet).
    Much like the convention would not consider ISIS caliphate as legitimate state, neither should Russia be considered anything but temporary terrorist state awaiting dissolution. So, capture and try them as terrorists anyway, not PoWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Russia clearing out its prisons : https://twitter.com/christogrozev/st...87287643414528

They really need to be kicked off the UN Security Council, its always been a bit of a joke organization but this is on the nose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    so Xi Jinping is announced to specifically meeting Putin to only discuss Ukraine and Taiwan.
    he went to all the satellite states and gave them security assurances. China isn't a dragon its a vulture, about to eat the Russian bears carcass.

Rough break for most of these states stuck in between Russian and China but China will offer them a better deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume this is just baseless rumours?

that guy is a full on bullshit merchant. Hes the one whos been pushing a palace coup narrative since the war started. if you go back in this thread you will see his bullshit. hes like Louise mensch, some mad cunt self promoting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

And also told Putin not to dare touch Kazakhstan. Xi is basically going to tell Putin to bend over when they meet. Also including "Silence Medvedev." since the guy gets drunk almost as much as Yeltsin and screams nukes more than you do. The last thing China wants is a war that goes Nuclear.

do none of you believe the fact Russia is still pushing a narrative in their homeland that this isn't a war is indicative they are legitimately holding back (not trying too hard) in the war as it is now
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen it circulate in other places. One included some alleged details about the incident.

The incident occurred with a duplicate presidential cortege, in which #Russian President #Putin was located. The President sometimes, on the advice of the security service, travels by car as part of a backup motorcade.

Shares a few similarities with the Dugina assassination.

Bas news for the Bunkerführer if true.
    Government Affiliated Snark

We need the WHO to investigate this mystery illness that's just killing oligarchs and military officials left and right and causing them to throw themselves out of windows and shit.

do none of you believe the fact Russia is still pushing a narrative in their homeland that this isn't a war is indicative they are legitimately holding back (not trying too hard) in the war as it is now
    even if a full mobilization is called tomorrow it wont do much good, they have lost too many men and material so far. Sending very poorly trained and equipped fighters who don't want to be there to the front is a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    I've seen it circulate in other places. One included some alleged details about the incident.

The incident occurred with a duplicate presidential cortege, in which #Russian President #Putin was located. The President sometimes, on the advice of the security service, travels by car as part of a backup motorcade.

Shares a few similarities with the Dugina assassination.

Bas news for the Bunkerführer if true.
    I mean if it's true then there's no way that the Secret service wasn't involved, or allowed it if not directly involved, right?

Stop guzzling the vatnik coolaid. Those claims are pure copium.

If Russia was holding back they would not have just told Armenia to fuck off when they invoked the CSTO's mutual defence clause. (Russian's version of NATO)

Big bad Russia literally cannot afford to honour its own commitments to the defence of it's neighbours.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

They might be pushing that narrative but it’s not a fact.

Not sure what else Russia has to throw at it, poorly equipped reserves? Reserve troops are ok for ww1 style wars, not against himars pummeling from 80km away.

Russia is between a rock and a hard place.

1, keep going with what they’ve got, which wont cut it.

2, declare war and mobilisere, which still takes time and is a terrible strategy for Putin and the effect is doubtfull

3, count on allies, that’ll be hit with sanctions of their own. Chinese troops and advanced weapons showing up in Ukraine, will land them sanctions on top of a holding crisis and everyone will throw more weapons at Taiwan.

4, pull out of Ukraine except Crimea, blame the failure of the military on corrupt officials (not a lie), Putin could cut a bunch of advised and ministers, claim ignorance “but I’ll reform!” And stay in power

There’s no “we’re holding back”