Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Charles does have some baggage, but it's a safe bet he'll still be adored as King by the vast majority in England. It's his opportunity now. From what I've seen very few in England are protesting or complaining or making any negative comments at all, that's all coming from places external to England. It would be easy with social media and online news to confuse global grumbling about monarchies over past-centuries colonialism or the monarchy system made by others around the world, with how people in England actually feel. The English public is incredibly supportive of the monarchy and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Charles does have some baggage, but it's a safe bet he'll still be adored as King by the vast majority in England. It's his opportunity now. From what I've seen very few in England are protesting or complaining or making any negative comments at all, that's all coming from places external to England. It would be easy with social media and online news to confuse global grumbling about monarchies over past-centuries colonialism or the monarchy system made by others around the world, with how people in England actually feel. The English public is incredibly supportive of the monarchy and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    yes and no, the monarchy is still popular with those 65+ but it has been on the decline in the younger demographics especially 18-24 year old. Charles and his brother Andrew carry too much baggage, it remains to be seen of what he makes of this. It can easily be the end of the monarchy under his reign certainly not an impossibility if he lives as long as his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nonstop on TV, too. We're so saturated with Royal news/coverage right now that I find myself giving zero shits about it. At least the Queen's corpse seems to have finished it's morbid tour of the UK now.

I'm sure we'll move back to the standard nonstop shitting on Harry and Meghan in the papers by next week, though.
    charlie boys on tour on a pissup now, i assume this is all tax payer funded and not out of the 28billion he owns.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    I'd wager the vast majority of the 'English' public don't really care either way about the monarchy and please don't forget that there is more than just England here, Charles will be King (ugh) of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as well (and we want him less than the English do...well except the idiots in Northern Ireland who actually want to be part of the UK)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    I'd wager the vast majority of the 'English' public don't really care either way about the monarchy and please don't forget that there is more than just England here, Charles will be King (ugh) of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as well (and we want him less than the English do...well except the idiots in Northern Ireland who actually want to be part of the UK)
    Then you would lose that wager. The vast majority of Britons (64%) do still support the monarchy with King Charles, and almost half have shed a tear for the Queen's passing.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...beth-iis-death

The monarchy here in the UK is going nowhere.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Charles and his brother Andrew carry too much baggage, it remains to be seen of what he makes of this.
    Charles is said to not get along with Andrew very well. He can score cheap points at Andrew's expense by cutting his support, allowance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Charles is said to not get along with Andrew very well. He can score cheap points at Andrew's expense by cutting his support, allowance etc.
    Why would Charles do that? It is hard to think of a sensible reason why he would. Also, it is very unlikely that Andrew will be rehabilitated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i learned something new - if you're accused of sexual absuing minors and have settled for that, its fine to wear a uniform of the british army, even though you lost your rank.

If you marry a black woman on the other hand...

And that's the reason why it would be prudent to get rid of Andrew.

Frankly the best thing for the monarchy would be for Charles to pass away quickly so that William takes charge. I doubt he will do any more than the queen with Andrew just tuck him away and pretend he doesn't exist while slowly rehabbing his pedophile image.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Well, i learned something new - if you're accused of sexual absuing minors and have settled for that, its fine to wear a uniform of the british army, even though you lost your rank.

If you marry a black woman on the other hand...

And that's the reason why it would be prudent to get rid of Andrew.
    The press and the British people seem to care more about attacking Markle than the pedophile prince so doubt they will get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Altariaz View Post
    Why would Charles do that? It is hard to think of a sensible reason why he would. Also, it is very unlikely that Andrew will be rehabilitated.
    Why would he do that? To distance himself from a pedophile, maybe? The Queen had her immense popularity to shield her from the criticism for supporting a pedo and of course she could always claim parental duty. Charles has neither.

He doesn't even have to go out of his way much. He holds the strings of the purse his mother used to and allowances are re-apportioned in any event to reflect changes in everyone's situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I've seen photos of the siblings standing vigil and Andrew was the one conspicuously out of uniform. Where did you see him in one?

The funeral march:

Last edited by Flarelaine; 2022-09-14 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would he do that? To distance himself from a pedophile, maybe? The Queen had her immense popularity to shield her from the criticism for supporting a pedo and of course she could always claim parental duty. Charles has neither.

He doesn't even have to go out of his way much. He holds the strings of the purse his mother used to and allowances are re-apportioned in any event to reflect changes in everyone's situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I've seen photos of the siblings standing vigil and Andrew was the one conspicuously out of uniform. Where did you see him in one?

The funeral march

For the last vigil Andrew is allowed, Harry not (googled for the first hit in english, as i originally read it in a german article)::

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...m-queen-vigil/

But don't criticize them too much, you may get arrested - like the people protesting the monarchy or pedophiles.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2022-09-14 at 12:41 PM.

For the last vigil Andrew is allowed, Harry not (googled for the first hit in english, as i originally read it in a german article)::

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...m-queen-vigil/
    Bummer. That came out of left field. Inconceivable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Frankly the best thing for the monarchy would be for Charles to pass away quickly so that William takes charge. I doubt he will do any more than the queen with Andrew just tuck him away and pretend he doesn't exist while slowly rehabbing his pedophile image.

- - - Updated - - -

The press and the British people seem to care more about attacking Markle than the pedophile prince so doubt they will get rid of him.
    Who is a paedophile? Did Prince Andrew have sex with minors? He is an awful and vile man but is not a paedophile and is entitled as a son to mourn the passing of his mother.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine defending you German overlords this much, while living in Australia, right dribbles?

I looked at one Suits video a few months ago. My twitter feed has been non stop with articles about how whatever random thing Markle has done or not done that is an affront to the monarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Who is a paedophile? Did Prince Andrew have sex with minors? He is an awful and vile man but is not a paedophile and is entitled as a son to mourn the passing of his mother.
    sorry just a rapist then?

He committed statutory rape of a trafficked girl. Who was trafficked by his friends convicted pedophiles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    sorry just a rapist then?

He committed statutory rape of a trafficked girl. Who was trafficked by his friends convicted pedophiles.
    No not that either, he has been convicted of nothing. To say otherwise is defamatory, libellous and malicious communications. Extremely serious offences. You cannot go around calling people paedophiles and rapists when they have not been convicted of those offences.

I am surprised magic find has allowed those posts to stand tbh. I hope no one reports them to the police...

10+ Year Old Account
    No not that either, he has been convicted of nothing. To say otherwise is defamatory, libellous and malicious communications. Extremely serious offences. You cannot go around calling people paedophiles and rapists when they have not been convicted of those offences.

I am surprised magic find has allowed those posts to stand tbh. I hope no one reports them to the police...
    Ofcourse he hasn't been convicted. It's almost like he's well protected. Why is it that he isn't allowed to wear his military uniform?

To say otherwise is defamatory, libellous and malicious communications. Extremely serious offences. You cannot go around calling people paedophiles and rapists when they have not been convicted of those offences.
    He's a pedo rapist. Who's gonna stop me from committing this extremely serious offence?

I'm just sad the queen had to live with knowing one of her children was a pedo rapist. At least that isn't weighing on her conscious anymore.

Andrew sure loved his pre-pubescent girls on an airplane over international waters.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"