today on CNN it's just been 24/7 shitting on Russia with Ukraine's latest successes. Completely different vibe from Fox News it's worth noting.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

To think this all started when a bunch of ""elite"" Russian paratroopers dropped in an open airfield just to get mowed down like varmints.

You'd think that'd of set off some alarm bells.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Ukrainians captured a t62 in the great Kharkiv rout.

https://mobile.twitter.com/uaweapons...EV8Jjr3sQSrvTQ

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    To think this all started when a bunch of ""elite"" Russian paratroopers dropped in an open airfield just to get mowed down like varmints.

You'd think that'd of set off some alarm bells.
    quite funny that they sent their best troops on a suicide mission.

also funny that in the latest push Russia lost a bunch of its troops that were designed to fight NATO.

The latest stage of the war started on 24 February, if NATO had been involved it would be over on Feb 26. Russia is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    quite funny that they sent their best troops on a suicide mission.

also funny that in the latest push Russia lost a bunch of its troops that were designed to fight NATO.

The latest stage of the war started on 24 February, if NATO had been involved it would be over on Feb 26. Russia is a joke.
    The dumbest part about their paratroopers is that even if the supply convoys and ground troops weren't halted they still wouldn't have reached the airport in time to help the paratroopers.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    today on CNN it's just been 24/7 shitting on Russia with Ukraine's latest successes. Completely different vibe from Fox News it's worth noting.
    Thats because Fox News is also supported by Russia, just like Trump.

Daily Oryx update adds another 82 lost Russian units, including 58 more captured. And they apologised for forgetting to add the t62.

https://twitter.com/Rebel44CZ/status...1R2rPeYGyK20MQ

has Russia actually accomplished anything so far in this war besides killing/torturing civilians and non-combatants?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

has Russia actually accomplished anything so far in this war besides killing/torturing civilians and non-combatants?
    Yes. They've completely eviscerated the myth of the might of the modern Russian military and their advanced hardware and tactical training. And pointlessly harmed their economy. And they pushed nations like Sweden and Finland towards NATO.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes. They've completely eviscerated the myth of the might of the modern Russian military
    I mainly blame America for propagating that myth, to begin with. Based solely on the fact the US claims it has the best intelligence agencies out there, but couldn't assess the strength (as in none) of Russia at all.

The US is what always historically hyped Russia up as a boogeyman with the projection of tough guy and badass culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've reduced their military budget for personnel drastically.
    They're reducing their prison population.
    They're reducing the drain of pensioners from their budget.
    They're working on cycling out current, old, and ancient weapons and ammunition from their supplies.
    They're removing current, old, and ancient vehicles from their depots.
    They're accomplishing a whole lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    They might be pushing that narrative but it’s not a fact.

Not sure what else Russia has to throw at it, poorly equipped reserves? Reserve troops are ok for ww1 style wars, not against himars pummeling from 80km away.

Russia is between a rock and a hard place.

1, keep going with what they’ve got, which wont cut it.

2, declare war and mobilisere, which still takes time and is a terrible strategy for Putin and the effect is doubtfull

3, count on allies, that’ll be hit with sanctions of their own. Chinese troops and advanced weapons showing up in Ukraine, will land them sanctions on top of a holding crisis and everyone will throw more weapons at Taiwan.

4, pull out of Ukraine except Crimea, blame the failure of the military on corrupt officials (not a lie), Putin could cut a bunch of advised and ministers, claim ignorance “but I’ll reform!” And stay in power

There’s no “we’re holding back”
    5. Declare victory by saying Azov was defeated and that was really the whole plan all along (Enough might buy it.)
    6. State that they had to leave because of something something NATO and that by pulling out they saved lives that NATO would brutally kill because NATO is bad or something.

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    The dumbest part about their paratroopers is that even if the supply convoys and ground troops weren't halted they still wouldn't have reached the airport in time to help the paratroopers.
    The plan was to use the airstrip for resupply. They were drinking all the kool-aide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    but I must be dense
    Now that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The plan was to use the airstrip for resupply. They were drinking all the kool-aide.
    In theory it could have worked, if they had established total air superiority (they didn't) and had been fighting the 2014 Ukrainian army (they weren't).

10+ Year Old Account
    So I wonder what Shalcker would have to say about the utter Russian rout in the Kherson oblast. Especially given Zelenskys visit to now-liberated Izyum.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So I wonder what Shalcker would have to say about the utter Russian rout in the Kherson oblast. Especially given Zelenskys visit to now-liberated Izyum.
    Well, he did say the chances for russian invasion would be 0,1% (very first page of this thread), and then proceeded to turn around entirely and explain & justify the said invasion, countering everything he posted before the invasion...

Don't think you'll get any logical sense out of him

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So 1 more day till the deadline for those Russian generals to gain more ground, hope they have good life insurance policy

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    So 1 more day till the deadline for those Russian generals to gain more ground, hope they have good life insurance policy
    And closed windows.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Well, he did say the chances for russian invasion would be 0,1% (very first page of this thread), and then proceeded to turn around entirely and explain & justify the said invasion, countering everything he posted before the invasion...

Don't think you'll get any logical sense out of him
    My cracking guess:

"It doesn't matter what Russia gained or lost, this weakened Ukraine greatly and it showed how weak the west was to Russia's overwhelming power. Russia strengthened its allies while the West foundered in raised inflation and gas prices. The EU will have to come begging to Russia for fuel now. This has prompted a newer, stronger Russia because it allowed Russia to sort out all the unfaithful, get rid of its old surpluses, and Russia has begun to build new infrastructure to replace the west, while the west will be paralyzed to move forward without Russia."

And that's just off the top of my head of what the "Russian mouthpiece in colossal denial" would likely look like.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.