Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    personally IF i was going to play it i would want it as it was dont like it blame the #no changes community. you cant just cry for 3 expac for no changes to it then when one comes out that you dont like cry for them to drastically or just change it atall
    Um, yes you can.

People argued no changes because Classic as it was was better than it would be with the changes people were suggesting (or in some cases the “improvements” being advocated were sufficiently consensus that them being better was not clear, so default to no changes).

Cataclysm was, by popular consensus, kind of shit. If changes would improve it then ipso facto changes should be advocated for.

There’s no inconsistency there.

3+ Year Old Account
    Remove LFR, introduce RDF, tweak Dragon Soul, keep everything else the same as it was back then. Excellent expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Shit xpac, skip to MoP for great raids, pvp n zones!

then skip WoD n go Legion, then stop there cuz we'll never get a good xpac ever again...

no LFR
    no rework of old dungeons
    no replacing the gear from the quests in the old lvling zones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Shit xpac, skip to MoP for great raids, pvp n zones!

then skip WoD n go Legion, then stop there cuz we'll never get a good xpac ever again...
    i agree with MoP but legion is debatable, while it had nice raids, quests and zones, the class design was atrocious and the borrowed power grind was unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Title says it all, really.

Personally, aside from removing LFD, I wouldnt change much.
    The point of Classic is what we had before Cataclysm. Part of it is the old world. Part of it is actual talent trees. "Classic Cataclysm" makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    Um, yes you can.

People argued no changes because Classic as it was was better than it would be with the changes people were suggesting (or in some cases the “improvements” being advocated were sufficiently consensus that them being better was not clear, so default to no changes).

Cataclysm was, by popular consensus, kind of shit. If changes would improve it then ipso facto changes should be advocated for.

There’s no inconsistency there.
    i disagree, besides all that really need to be done with it IF changes were made are tweek the loot rules in lfr so everyone cant need on everything for the purpose of money making.

tweek dragon soul so its actually still worth doing for 12 months from a enjoyment perspective

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    i agree with MoP but legion is debatable, while it had nice raids, quests and zones, the class design was atrocious and the borrowed power grind was unreal.
    How dareth thou besmirch Legion?

i disagree, besides all that really need to be done with it IF changes were made are tweek the loot rules in lfr so everyone cant need on everything for the purpose of money making.

tweek dragon soul so its actually still worth doing for 12 months from a enjoyment perspective
    That’s fair. I think it needs more than just some tweaks—Cataclysm in my view had serious structural problems that would need to be resolved in order to make it even worth re-releasing. The gutting of talent trees was a huge one.

personally IF i was going to play it i would want it as it was dont like it blame the #no changes community. you cant just cry for 3 expac for no changes to it then when one comes out that you dont like cry for them to drastically or just change it atall
    i dont rly see bugs and them literaly forgeting to tune numbers as a nochanged issue,people were killing one of the bosses with a literal exploit because the boss was so bugged it couldnt be killed....blizzard didnt even ban or suspend people for it lol

I don't like the idea of Cata Classic.

Actually, I DO want to re-experience the dungeons, raid, leveling and grinds (professions, dailies etc.) from this expansion, but I would rather see this as a feature of Chromie Time/Timewalking instead. They should really focus on retail and make the gameplay better there and make use of the content that already exists there. Re-releasing all expansions with some changes every couple of years is not the solution, especially for people that have already done everything. I want to do all these things, but with my main character and with a better class design.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Going from WotlK to the Heroic Deadmines gauntlet run was intense.
    I think the issue was exactly that, the heroics in WotLK were complete faceroll the week the game launched and Cata heroics were more like modern-day m+.

I doubt current retail players would have it as hard as people did back then.

Cata has

A poorly tuned first raid tier. The raids themselves are excellent imo but the tuning of some encounters especially on 10m is problematic
    Lack of endgame content. Ofc there is a crazy amount of new leveling content but that doesn't help with the issues of the expansion.
    A poorly designed final raid

The tuning of the first tier can be fixed. The other two cannot be fixed without changes far beyond what they have been willing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    I don't want it at all.

People thinking LFR is the only problem in Cata is quite frustrating and gives Blizzard the idea that removing LFR fixes the expac, because it was only introduced in 4.3.
    Cata has many problems and many debateable ones. mainly it's just not Classic WoW anymore and is very much a proto retail with the world revamp, class changes, dumbed down talent trees/removal of glyphs as player power, flying in the world, transmog, etc.
    in other words. The better Game

Not interested in playing Cata.
    If there is no new cotent for WotLK i quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    I just don't get the classic crowd. Blows my mind that people enjoy playing these old expansions over again and paying a sub for it.

That being said I doubt they will do a Classic Cata, I would bet they stop with wrath. It would be a Microsoft choice by then, they kinda already talked about only caring about mobil and console. They didn't even mention warcraft or WoW.
    true, you can only play every game once, and watch every movie once. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    About everithing in cata was proven to not be optimal:
    - Guild reputation
    - Guild talents
    - Guild Achivs
    - Non continuos questing areas
    - Raids not pugable

And much much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Not interested in playing Cata.
    If there is no new cotent for WotLK i quit.
    I think cata is beyond being fixable, not planing playing it.

Don't add LFR and have a good patch cadence without content droughts and Cataclysm has no major flaws in my opinion. Both would be easy to fix in a classic release of the expansion.
    It had great dungeons and raids (except Dragon Soul but they can just rush past that phase quicker than usual and get to MoP which is also a great expansion imo) and a new way to play pvp with rated battlegrounds. Also dungeon journal , transmog , guild leveling , serious 10 man raiding being viable...etc.

And I think some people here overestimate how fun it would be to replay the vanilla-->tbc-->wotlk cycle so soon. Or even worse play wotlk forever. I for one would just not bother leveling more characters , grinding all the stuff again , and playing the same raids again... They would probably make some minor changes similar in scope to season of mastery but it would still be way less fresh than Cataclysm classic would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    I think the issue was exactly that, the heroics in WotLK were complete faceroll the week the game launched and Cata heroics were more like modern-day m+.

I doubt current retail players would have it as hard as people did back then.
    Cata heroics were really not that hard. Incredibly overrated by players who started playing in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    I just don't get the classic crowd. Blows my mind that people enjoy playing these old expansions over again and paying a sub for it.
    When Vanilla Classic was on its way I wondered if I'd enjoy it, as I'd quit in late 2016. Was I just over WoW?

Turns out, the old game is fun, and with limited in-game obligations I've been able to come and go as I please.

To a lot of us, the game is pure entertainment, not some kind of continuous investment of achievement - so for a price I get what I'm after, and there's just nothing like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    This BS again. You cant consider woltk classic and cata not. Cata and woltk are more similiar then woltk is to tbc and vanilla.
    Its just you repeating what people told you over the year like a parrot, with actually drawing a comparison.

On a other note, I am loving to see people advocate against cata classic with ´´splitting the player base ´´ ´´ not enough people want it´´ while not accepting this arguments when it was about getting vanilla server.

Cataclysm still towers in subs over Tbc and vanilla by far, and no sad lonely excuse you will come up with about how people played cata for 2 years because woltk was good, will change that. cata was the second most popular part of the game by player numbers and it deserves to be revisited with new perspectives.

You know everyone who doesnt want it , can just not play it ? if its so bad why are you afraid people will leave your server and leave you all alone when its so bad ?
    Another person who clearly has no idea what classic means.

Rather angry though aren't you.