5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Well, he did say the chances for russian invasion would be 0,1% (very first page of this thread), and then proceeded to turn around entirely and explain & justify the said invasion, countering everything he posted before the invasion...

Don't think you'll get any logical sense out of him
    Tbh, all he has to do is claim that 0.1% was the success chance of an invasion ^^;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So I wonder what Shalcker would have to say about the utter Russian rout in the Kherson oblast. Especially given Zelenskys visit to now-liberated Izyum.
    The dude has a twitter account for anyone desperate to see his takes, but regularly bringing up banned users serves no real purpose tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    quite funny that they sent their best troops on a suicide mission.
    It wasn't meant as a suicide mission. It would not have been without the US telling Ukraine what to expect.

But then, by that day, Uncle Sam has been telling Russia that they see all their cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    So 1 more day till the deadline for those Russian generals to gain more ground, hope they have good life insurance policy
    I know what's going to happen on that day. And no it's not nukes.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I know what's going to happen on that day. And no it's not nukes.
    Don't keep us in suspense, oh Great Fount of Wisdom, spill the beans

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Don't keep us in suspense, oh Great Fount of Wisdom, spill the beans
    it's pretty mundane: Putin will officially declare war, dropping any pretenses or restraints for pushing a false narrative. Then in a now flight-or-die conflict, the brutality and desperation of the Russian army would escalate.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

it's pretty mundane: Putin will officially declare war, dropping any pretenses or restraints for pushing a false narrative. Then in a now flight-or-die conflict, the brutality and desperation of the Russian army would escalate.
    Absolutely nothing will change because the russian army behaves like a pack of animals already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Absolutely nothing will change because the russian army behaves like a pack of animals already.
    thing about that is some people here speculate if the fight were, say, taken to Moscow? The Russians would be fighting very differently than they are now.

thing about that is some people here speculate if the fight were, say, taken to Moscow? The Russians would be fighting very differently than they are now.
    Nobody wants to take the fight to Moscow, so it is a non-issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody wants to take the fight to Moscow, so it is a non-issue.
    It's funny you and I would already know if there would be something afoot, I mean it's past noon here (almost 14:00) and russia is another timezone ahead so it would be nearly 15:00 over there. So far, nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, cut Ukraine some slack, they did their best to liberate the east by the 15th as ordered, but the entire Donbas in just a couple of days were a tall order when they had to contend with pushing Russia out of Kharkiv too.

And the gloves will come off on broad sides. It will be HIMARS o'cloak on the railway junction in Belgorod, Voronezh, Rostov-on-Don... to name just a few.

Edit: I meant both sides, but in the context, broadsides cannot be ruled out either.

Talking about yourself in 3rd person? :P

No one wants a part of western Russia, even if they did Russia is clearly incapable of a proper defense, lucky for them they have nukes. But even without, no one would want a part of Western Russian.

China and Eastern Russia is another talk tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Talking about yourself in 3rd person? :P

No one wants a part of western Russia, even if they did Russia is clearly incapable of a proper defense, lucky for them they have nukes. But even without, no one would want a part of Western Russian.

China and Eastern Russia is another talk tho.
    Pretty sure China doesn't want to get nuked either.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    It's funny you and I would already know if there would be something afoot, I mean it's past noon here (almost 14:00) and russia is another timezone ahead so it would be nearly 15:00 over there. So far, nothing.
    Tbh russians might take the fight to Moscow if shit gets truly real.

Tbh russians might take the fight to Moscow if shit gets truly real.
    No, they wouldn’t.

The instant they cross the russian boarder all international aid stops. Without aid, the Ukrainian army would quickly overextend itself.

So… yea, just realised I misread your post.

Yes, RUSSIANS may well do that xD

10+ Year Old Account
    China’s Xi Jinping, Russian president Vladimir Putin and Mongolia’s president Ukhnaa Khurelsukh meeting in Uzbekistan today.

The FT cartoonist nails the mood. In Authoritarian circles, no one wants to deal with a loser
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    China’s Xi Jinping, Russian president Vladimir Putin and Mongolia’s president Ukhnaa Khurelsukh meeting in Uzbekistan today.

The FT cartoonist nails the mood. In Authoritarian circles, no one wants to deal with a loser
    That's an older cartoon though, but appropriate nevertheless.

I meant..."taking the fight to Moscow" as a threat to Russia fighting as if their very sovereignty was threatened, not Ukraine actually going to Moscow. Something that could happen if Putin just openly says this is a war.

lots of interesting developments today, though. Iran has created a new Axis power today, officially, with China and Russia.

lots of interesting developments today, though. Iran has created a new Axis power today, officially, with China and Russia.
    the interesting and predictable development was china offering russia nothing but saying they would buy energy at a severely discounted price. russia getting rekt m8.