Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    From what I recall, I don't think there's actual keys they give out, generally. In cases like with wowhead at least its more you do some stuff with them that lets Blizzard flag your account. Prevents selling beta keys. I would imagine it would be similar for streamers.
    Nah, keys exist as well, it's not just tagging your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    it didn't feel like a crazy scaling to me when I've tried a few keys these past weeks. It's definitely harder because I'm not used to the dungeons like I'm used to Tazavesh and Mechagone. But the scaling doesn't feel that far off currently.

Halls of Valor really are a special case there. Even during legion time, I was getting killed with my enhancement shaman because Hyrja could target me twice in a row and my single defensive wouldn't be enough to handle this. It's not scaling issue it is a mechanical one.
    I don't think it's the Legion dungeons that are overtuned, but rather our current S4 dungeons that are massively undertuned.

Remember, this is the season where players were pushing +20 keys the very first week of play.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Even if the whole Ysera thing wasn't to happen, and Merithria was going to be the new Aspect, they wouldn't have put her on the loading screen and spoiled an entire zone questline.

Ysera was simply put on the loading screen because she is still the Green Aspect, even in death.

It would be like putting Bolvar in the loading screen for ICC and it's the reason why Krexus is part of the Shadowlands loading screen.

The loading screens are based on a launch POV.
    I'd say its the opposite, the new loading screen spoils Ysera's return, while presumably Merithria was going to become the new aspect before.

Heck they have Wrathion on there and he isn't officially the Black Aspect either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah, keys exist as well, it's not just tagging your account.
    Ah good to know! I thought they did away with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Ah good to know! I thought they did away with those.
    Nah I remember getting a key for either BfA or SL from a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't think it's the Legion dungeons that are overtuned, but rather our current S4 dungeons that are massively undertuned.

Remember, this is the season where players were pushing +20 keys the very first week of play.
    Well the Legion affix also sucks, which is the real problem. Infernals are terrible compared to getting corruption levels of secondaries in live keys

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No, it's just random invite. Would be stupid to invite only specific group of people. But at some point they do beta waves for top X people to test raids.
    The first wave for Legion went out to everybody that had a Mythic Archimonde kill.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So the Herald of the Cosmos achievement IS in the game after all.

That's so random.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This Rygelon achiev is pretty pointless or I'm missing something?

As for things that are going away this is short list on paper, but meta-achiev for SL require some activities in covenants, meta achievs for ZM, Korthia, Maw, Tazavesh hard mode and last but not least maxing Torghast including unclocking all traits.

EDIT: Btw, "Once the Dragonflight pre-expansion update arrives, all Shadowlands raids will become Fated for the rest of the expansion." Maybe I'm reading too much, but if they keep fated rotation for whole 9.2.5, I think they planned full X cycles through raids. Which makes 25th October pre-patch even more likely.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-09-15 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I'm also in the 'Ysera probably shouldn't come fully back to life' boat, but it was never established that her bond to Ardenweald could "never" be circumvented. The opposite was implied by Ysera herself, in fact.

Also, Ysera coming back doesn't necessarily preempt Merithra (who I would question had that much "time spent" "setting her up" as the new Aspect prior to Dragonflight) still succeeding her as the Green Aspect. For all we know, there could be something about Ysera's state of being post-resurrection that flat-out prevents her from reassuming her former powers as Aspect. Or Ysera might just decide not to return to her role, and cede it to her daughter while guiding her instead.

It's too early, I think, to write it all off completely as implausible storytelling. The premise is iffy, as I do think it would be better to give Ysera a presence in the story without sort of cheapening the gravity of her death in Legion, but in general, I'm still sort of waiting to see how they handle it going forward. If they completely shaft Merithra, which it doesn't seem like they'll do, then yeah, it'll be bad. But the story going forward is still kinda up in the air.
    This kind of highlights why the WoW community is impossible to please narrative. Not you yourself but the points you made, I mean. Blizzard cannot introduce new characters because people don't want them. Every time they try they end up ignored or rejected by the community for legacy characters. And then the same people turn around and say the legacy characters have too much screen time. It's a lose lose. So what does one do? I fully agree that bringing Ysera back kinda dumps cold water on how brilliant that storyline was in Shadowlands and Legion. I personally would always rather have new characters built up than old ones continuously pushed to the narrative for front, but it's been proven that the community just doesn't take to it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLion View Post
    This kind of highlights why the WoW community is impossible to please narrative. Not you yourself but the points you made, I mean. Blizzard cannot introduce new characters because people don't want them. Every time they try they end up ignored or rejected by the community for legacy characters. And then the same people turn around and say the legacy characters have too much screen time. It's a lose lose. So what does one do? I fully agree that bringing Ysera back kinda dumps cold water on how brilliant that storyline was in Shadowlands and Legion. I personally would always rather have new characters built up than old ones continuously pushed to the narrative for front, but it's been proven that the community just doesn't take to it well.
    I get your point but at the same time Blizzard also randomly does weird decisions. Like the Malfurion part.. I mean its a really dumb decision but it can be salvaged if it absolutely has to happen, personally I rather they not sacrifice Malfy but........ya know.

Edit: Emphasis on not freaking out and raging every single time Blizzard trips, like I said I think the community really yells too much but the Malfurion and Ysera thing...not a fan but.... I keep my "Frustration" to a minimum.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-09-15 at 09:19 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

How long have the beta servers been down?
    New build?

Edit: There is a new build. Dunno if anything's changed.
    Last edited by FenixAU; 2022-09-16 at 01:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got disconnected about 10 min ago

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLion View Post
    Introduce new character
    Give them a connection to legacy
    Don't make them Uber heroes
    Boom success
    Look at zappy boi and even stone bro from the dragonflight trailer

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Introduce new character
    Give them a connection to legacy
    Don't make them Uber heroes
    Boom success
    Look at zappy boi and even stone bro from the dragonflight trailer
    Don't even have to be down to earth, Denathrius or Bwomsandi were very popular as well.

To be honest every character become very boring when they take role of our character leaders, maybe with exception of Khadgar and Illidan, but it sucked all charisma from Thrall, Jaina, Magni, Bolvar, Primus. Even Anduin become more interesting when they stopped puting him in this role.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah tbh I don't want to level a character on beta that close to release, it takes too much away from the excitement of the expansion release.
    Evokers will be level 60 after their intro zone, though. No need to level them beyond their mandatory racial/class quests.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Any word on druid talent updates?
    Probably in the next build. We are seeing changes at least, that's an improvement over the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Probably in the next build. We are seeing changes at least, that's an improvement over the first month.
    I guess their dev might really have been on leave as the rumors went and when they came back, they started working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    The problem that I have with Allied Races is that ok, I get it, its cool to have more options, but none of these races (or the original ones) are being developed at all. More playable races means more damage to the lore IMO, but Blizzard clearly do not give a damn about Warcraft lore, so they might do It.
    I agree so much with this, that's why when it comes to AR, I always preferred the races that already have a connection to one that already exist, so the development of one, includes the other, like the Tauren and HM Tauren, or for the future, maybe the Dwarves and the Ice Dwarves, that could bring the creation of the council of the 4 hammers, that bring new lore and progress to the Dwarves and the Iron Dwarves, not only the Ice Dwarves, or something more simple, like the "Wretched" Elves as an AR would bring a progress in the story of the Blood Elves, heck maybe even for the Nightborne, etc..., instead of completely new races that don't have that much connection with others, like the Vulpera, though if their story is played well, the can be easily connected with all the development of the Zandalari Trolls (as they are part of the council) and even the Goblins (as they also work as a middleman like Goblins)