Expansion Feature Achievements - any advice?

Hi hunters,

Scrolling throu my tab - the anxiety kicks in and I get overwhelmed. Nothing else have that effect.

I'm not even sure if you can finish them anymore - that part really bothers me. So why start - but I have to finish them...

Can some of you link/describe - some of the achievements that is most painful going back to? I want to prepare myself and do some meditation.

Thanks.

Remind yourself that you're playing a game, and that there is nothing - no achievement, no mount, no pet, no anything - if it that you need to be anxious for.

If you enjoy chasing certain things, then that's different and go for it.

It seems like BFA achievements are not possible? Warfront heriocs and PvP islands?

How you would even do these?

Currently there is an achievement I cannot find the will to start is the one asking you to kill every lieutenant of the Legion that can be summoned on the broken shore.

It requires crazy farming and was doable with groups during Legion but today it seems to be too late to complete it in a healthy way.

If you find others like this one, just skip it. Don't burden yourself with unattainable objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It seems like BFA achievements are not possible? Warfront heriocs and PvP islands?

How you would even do these?
    PvP islands are impossible to solo or even do with a 3man as far as I'm aware.

Even if you did gather 2 like-minded individuals to queue for PvP islands, you'd still need to have people from the opposite faction queue against you with a premade of their own.

You'd likely need to set up a premade of 3 alliance and 3 horde characters to queue up against each other and then just wintrade.

As for Warfronts, you need a full premade of at least 10 players to be able to queue for heroic Warfronts, at least as far as I'm aware.

There are communities focused around building groups for heroic Warfronts, so you may have luck finding or building a group there as people also do the weekly quests for transmog.

Since there's an achievement to kill the different Arathi Highlands Warfront leaders on heroic difficulty, and the bosses cycle, it'd be most efficient to do it thrice in a row.

Since there's 3 stages to each Warfront zone (build-up, assault, control), expect each cycle to take roughly 21 days.

And try to do the heroic Warfronts the day they become available as that's the easiest day to find other people for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    PvP islands are impossible to solo or even do with a 3man as far as I'm aware.

Even if you did gather 2 like-minded individuals to queue for PvP islands, you'd still need to have people from the opposite faction queue against you with a premade of their own.

You'd likely need to set up a premade of 3 alliance and 3 horde characters to queue up against each other and then just wintrade.

As for Warfronts, you need a full premade of at least 10 players to be able to queue for heroic Warfronts, at least as far as I'm aware.

There are communities focused around building groups for heroic Warfronts, so you may have luck finding or building a group there as people also do the weekly quests for transmog.

Since there's an achievement to kill the different Arathi Highlands Warfront leaders on heroic difficulty, and the bosses cycle, it'd be most efficient to do it thrice in a row.

Since there's 3 stages to each Warfront zone (build-up, assault, control), expect each cycle to take roughly 21 days.

And try to do the heroic Warfronts the day they become available as that's the easiest day to find other people for it.
    Thanks for clarfication.

Does Blizz have any history of actually revision impossible achievements? Is that something we can expect, that they would remove them?

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Thanks for clarfication.

Does Blizz have any history of actually revision impossible achievements? Is that something we can expect, that they would remove them?
    No.

Several PvP achievements for the battlegrounds/Wintergrasp introduced in WotLK are still a struggle to complete to this day, especially anything concerning siege devices.

Getting 5000 honorable kills outside the road of glory in Ashram is basically impossible.

Completing any of the garrison PvP quests/achievements and especially the highmaul arena free-for-all is basically impossible without a premade.

At least with the highmaul arena, they actually made it possible for players to queue for it at all above level 100. Used to be entirely unavailable as soon as you hit level 101.

Herald of the Titans used to be similarly annoying, but I believe it's available in TW Ulduar now which should theoretically make it significantly easier.
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I took a break one expansion and had to play catchup. Found several achievements borderline impossible due to not being current. Since then ive made sure to prioritise every achievement in an expansion and make sure I dont fall into the same trap.

Protoform Mounts in Zerith and the Achievements
    - This should be done before Shadowlands is over. There are groups to farm motes and there are a few drops you need in the current raid that will be harder to group for later.

Killing all Rares in Shadowlands, Zerith, Korthia and the Maw
    - Wont be harder later to kill, but rare killing achievements become a pain in the ass once ppl can kill them in seconds. Better to do now when you have a chance to get a tag.

[Minions of the Cold Dark]
    - 15 rares spread out of 2 hour spawn timers. Will be a pain in the ass to get this later. Best to at least get a start on it now.

[Covenant Combat]
    - Killing 20 ppl of each covenant. Easy enough to get in battlegrounds. Problem is later on, ppl can skip shadowlands thus skip picking a covenant. This will get harder the long the game exists.

All current GLory achievements
    - They will be 'easier' once you outlevel them. But many of them require a group, specially the raids. Finding groups for past glory runs is damn near impossible. Get them while the expansion is current.

Misc Achievements in Tazavesh
    - Not required for the glory, so no one wants to run them. But, it will be even harder to find ppl once its not current.

[Shadowlands Master of All]
    - Max out professions. Likely to be more expensive once the expansion ends.

Transmog Set Achievements for Raids
    - Running the raids while current is the best way to get these sets. Once they arent current, looking out for a weekly transmog run. Once the expansion is over, itl be dead.

Everything in Torghast
    - Its hard to say if this will be easier or harder later. It would probably be best to run a perfect 16 on everything at the very least while its still current and groups still exist.

All other achievements (for shadowlands) are easy enough to solo or would take just as much time now compared to during the next expansion.

For all achievements in past expansions, it doesnt matter. Youve run out of time for the 'easy' window for ALL of the ones that might have mattered.
    No achievement is currently impossible, but several of the old ones are 'next to impossible' if you dont involve other people (EG: WOD PVP, some of the old Glories, expansion specific stuff like rares in Broken Shore or Underbelly eye farming)

Herald of the Titans used to be similarly annoying, but I believe it's available in TW Ulduar now which should theoretically make it significantly easier.
    Timewalking has no effect on this.

Unless they changed it, and I cant see any record of them doing so.
    The leaders are random. It can and will take months upon months to get all 3.
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2022-07-05 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I took a break one expansion and had to play catchup. Found several achievements borderline impossible due to not being current. Since then ive made sure to prioritise every achievement in an expansion and make sure I dont fall into the same trap.

Protoform Mounts in Zerith and the Achievements
    - This should be done before Shadowlands is over. There are groups to farm motes and there are a few drops you need in the current raid that will be harder to group for later.

Killing all Rares in Shadowlands, Zerith, Korthia and the Maw
    - Wont be harder later to kill, but rare killing achievements become a pain in the ass once ppl can kill them in seconds. Better to do now when you have a chance to get a tag.

[Minions of the Cold Dark]
    - 15 rares spread out of 2 hour spawn timers. Will be a pain in the ass to get this later. Best to at least get a start on it now.

[Covenant Combat]
    - Killing 20 ppl of each covenant. Easy enough to get in battlegrounds. Problem is later on, ppl can skip shadowlands thus skip picking a covenant. This will get harder the long the game exists.

All current GLory achievements
    - They will be 'easier' once you outlevel them. But many of them require a group, specially the raids. Finding groups for past glory runs is damn near impossible. Get them while the expansion is current.

Misc Achievements in Tazavesh
    - Not required for the glory, so no one wants to run them. But, it will be even harder to find ppl once its not current.

[Shadowlands Master of All]
    - Max out professions. Likely to be more expensive once the expansion ends.

Transmog Set Achievements for Raids
    - Running the raids while current is the best way to get these sets. Once they arent current, looking out for a weekly transmog run. Once the expansion is over, itl be dead.

Everything in Torghast
    - Its hard to say if this will be easier or harder later. It would probably be best to run a perfect 16 on everything at the very least while its still current and groups still exist.

All other achievements (for shadowlands) are easy enough to solo or would take just as much time now compared to during the next expansion.

For all achievements in past expansions, it doesnt matter. Youve run out of time for the 'easy' window for ALL of the ones that might have mattered.
    No achievement is currently impossible, but several of the old ones are 'next to impossible' if you dont involve other people (EG: WOD PVP, some of the old Glories, expansion specific stuff like rares in Broken Shore or Underbelly eye farming)

Timewalking has no effect on this.

Unless they changed it, and I cant see any record of them doing so.
    The leaders are random. It can and will take months upon months to get all 3.
    The Warfront leaders have always cycled. Since before heroic warfronts were even a thing. And the heroic leaders are always the same as the regular warfront leaders

The Warfront leaders have always cycled. Since before heroic warfronts were even a thing. And the heroic leaders are always the same as the regular warfront leaders
    They have always been random.

The comments for the achievement are just filled with people having issues with Eltrigg and Turalyon taking months upon months to finally show up.

Personally I did the warfronts every single fortnight and it took 9 months before I finally saw Turalyon

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...f-war#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    They have always been random.

The comments for the achievement are just filled with people having issues with Eltrigg and Turalyon taking months upon months to finally show up.

Personally I did the warfronts every single fortnight and it took 9 months before I finally saw Turalyon

It's certainly possible that the behavior was changed at some point during BFA, but as pointed out in a comment on the very page you linked, the Arathi Highlands warfront definitely cycled leaders on launch.

"Once again, no Eitrigg as of 10/23. The warfronts used to be on a strict order/rotation. Really a shame they made it completely random now."

I did a lot of warfronts for the weekly quest transmog sets across multiple characters. I definitely remember the warfronts being on a strict cycle initially.

10+ Year Old Account
    I soloed all three WoD Raids this weekend on a 50 Pally (I don't have SL yet). It was my first time EVER doing the raids period. Got Glory of the Draenor Raider Achievement after I finished. I did them in the order of HFC, Highmaul and BRF, all Mythic. BRF was pretty annoying with all the backtracking plus having to exit the instance every wing to empty my bags. Took me a bit of time to figure out the furnace mechanics at first but I got it done. Blackhand, I learned after he punted me off the platform to pull him to a wall on my second attempt (I didn't die). Should be a little easier the next few times I do it since I plan to do all of them with faster classes, some with a pet. HFC, I figured out the Iron Assault mechanics fairly quickly. Everything else was just a quick burn down or took longer due to mechanics. Highmaul....some fights are long due to mechanics but otherwise easy at 50.

As I remember, almost all of the raids in MoP are impossible to solo due to mechanics. Most Legion Raids are soloable at 60 with certain classes, some on Mythic. I soloed a few Normal dungeons at 50 so it'll be possible to complete some Order quests solo. BFA...only dungeons are soloable at 60. None of the raids are but maybe at 70.

Everything in Cata and below is on weekly farm =)
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Sandstorm for days y'all!

What's with you? Why you feeling anxious for gaming. Gaming is meant for relaxing your mind. Don't get anxious behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Several PvP achievements for the battlegrounds/Wintergrasp introduced in WotLK are still a struggle to complete to this day, especially anything concerning siege devices.

Getting 5000 honorable kills outside the road of glory in Ashram is basically impossible.

Completing any of the garrison PvP quests/achievements and especially the highmaul arena free-for-all is basically impossible without a premade.

At least with the highmaul arena, they actually made it possible for players to queue for it at all above level 100. Used to be entirely unavailable as soon as you hit level 101.

Just call yourself a booster and u get most PVP achievements within 5 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?