Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    1. Nope.
    2. You still have to grind them. And its not just ZM.
    What?
    What?

- - - Updated - - -

And you dont get recips in ZM. You get ilvl increase only.

Wait.. The legendary recipe vendors are fake? Kek

Conduit unlocks you buy at friendly from zm or for nothing st the vendor near the fp in oribos

You can buy all for the 291 legendary in zm for a total of 5k Flux. If you can't grind that, that's not the games fault.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post

Conduit unlocks you buy at friendly from zm or for nothing st the vendor near the fp in oribos

You can buy all for the 291 legendary in zm for a total of 5k Flux. If you can't grind that, that's not the games fault.
    Just run LFR even on reset day.

With every mini boss trash mob giving 250 flux and I think the bosses do too? Honestly I just get disappointed looting bosses for gear and don't realize what else drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Just run LFR even on reset day.

With every mini boss trash mob giving 250 flux and I think the bosses do too? Honestly I just get disappointed looting bosses for gear and don't realize what else drops.
    Exactly that.. People who complain about catch up being to slow are just doing it wrong really. You get Flux for fsrting pretty much.

For what purpose would casual player need legendaries? Casual players doesn't need character power, as he doesn't do any competitive content. Only reason for getting character power - is more comfortable gameplay. Example? Some "fat" mobs in ZM have as much health and dmg, as elites do. That's, what I call overtuned content. But if content is already comfortable enough - no more power is needed, except may be for satisfying "bigger numbers" syndrome. What casual players usually needs - is what I call "motivation to play game". What is it for now? Do weekly and 3 dailies for ~500 cyphers/week + what is occasionally obtained from rares/chests to eventually get full 252 gear? Just 2 sand pile keys are needed to get BIS trinkets. Everything else is upgradable. Relics for tier set transmogs are collected automatically. Tier sets themselves are 246, i.e. garbage. If they would be ~260ish, they would be worth chasing. Transmogs are ugly in comparison to covenant ones. They're obtained for tick only. This is boring as hell. Even WOD had great content/reward structure in comparison with SL.

As I've already said, I usually level alts during xpack downtimes. But Blizzard have created problem for themselves this time. I have to wait for all race/class combinations. I don't want to pay for race changes. I already have too many characters with wrong race identification, because players have been forced to choose wrong races to play certain classes for years.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-09-15 at 05:21 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It doesn't work this way. It's the same situation, as back in MOP. I couldn't rely on things getting nerfed in a future. Content was unbearable back then => I didn't play it. It's again about simple math. If time/character*number_of_alts > content patch's life span, then such content isn't worth doing. And 200 days/character - is obviously not worth doing. Even on just one character. And now it's too late, yeah.

You can say, that it's my problem. Yeah, but what I try to do - is to pick more and more casual-friendly content till moment, when I would be satisfied by it's amount. If game has 0 such content - I just quit. So, at the end it's Blizzards' problem, that they don't create casual enough content.

That's why we talk about overstetched content. Blizzard tried to create xpack-wide content. It was bad idea. And still is. Why did they do that? May be because SL actually lacked content? But that's not my problem. It's their problem.

Game should have normal content cycle. New content patches should bring new content. Devs shouldn't try to recycle obsoleted content in order to make development cheaper.
    Just putting the put here once more, there literally is JUST casual content there. Even raids (lfr) and dungeons (dungeon finder) are super casual content. Your don't want to play it, that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Just putting the put here once more, there literally is JUST casual content there. Even raids (lfr) and dungeons (dungeon finder) are super casual content. Your don't want to play it, that's on you.
    Many MMO players don't even understand, that being bound to computer for >30 minutes - is already casual-unfriendly.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Many MMO players don't even understand, that being bound to computer for >30 minutes - is already casual-unfriendly.
    You are not bound for 30 minutes.
    LFR is designed for you to leave at any point. As long as you kill one boss you do not even get a penalty.
    Dungeon Finder Instances don't take 30 minutes either.

I really do not want to be an asshat, but to me it looks like you WANT to be miserable. It feels super weird for me to defend Blizzard or the game design in general, because I am very unhappy with it myself and I criticize it all the time, but your complains are just so far away from reality that I just don't understand how you can feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You are not bound for 30 minutes.
    LFR is designed for you to leave at any point. As long as you kill one boss you do not even get a penalty.
    Dungeon Finder Instances don't take 30 minutes either.

I really do not want to be an asshat, but to me it looks like you WANT to be miserable. It feels super weird for me to defend Blizzard or the game design in general, because I am very unhappy with it myself and I criticize it all the time, but your complains are just so far away from reality that I just don't understand how you can feel that way.
    You don't count queues and they're the biggest penalty here. And "true" casual player - is player, who can hit quit button at any moment without any consequences.

huge insult to MoP

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't count queues and they're the biggest penalty here. And "true" casual player - is player, who can hit quit button at any moment without any consequences.
    Are you seriously asking for all content to take less then 30 minutes from login in to completion?
    No thanks.
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Are you seriously asking for all content to take less then 30 minutes from login in to completion?
    No thanks.
    No. I just try to explain, why some content isn't casual-friendly. Because it's really hard to hit quit button after sitting in queue for 40 minutes. It's FOMO s**t again. When player is doing some scenario, that is reset in case of DC - player has fear of losing his time. So, it's better to push and pee to your pants, than to quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. I just try to explain, why some content isn't casual-friendly. Because it's really hard to hit quit button after sitting in queue for 40 minutes. It's FOMO s**t again. When player is doing some scenario, that is reset in case of DC - player has fear of losing his time. So, it's better to push and pee to your pants, than to quit.
    Dungeon or raid queeus are fomo...

come on now, you have just jumped the sark, and far more then normal...

also you know you dont need to sit there risking peeing your pants to "not miss your quee" just... go to the bathroom? The queue time is long enough that is shouldnt be insane, plus if you are in a group with friends they can join and you will get auto brought in.

if you are seriously arguing normal people would rather piss their pants and chair and floor instead of risking missing the queue, then idk what to say mate.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-09-15 at 05:57 PM.

Dungeon or raid queeus are fomo...

come on now, you have just jumped the sark, and far more then normal...

also you know you dont need to sit there risking peeing your pants to "not miss your quee" just... go to the bathroom? The queue time is long enough that is shouldnt be insane, plus if you are in a group with friends they can join and you will get auto brought in.

if you are seriously arguing normal people would rather piss their pants and chair and floor instead of risking missing the queue, then idk what to say mate.
    Don't you think, that game designs, that encourage unhealthy behaviors - are bad game designs? Yeah, unhealthy behaviors are mostly individual things. But aren't them major reason, why we fight against cigarettes, alcohol and drugs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't you think, that game designs, that encourage unhealthy behaviors - are bad game designs? Yeah, unhealthy behaviors are mostly individual things. But aren't them major reason, why we fight against cigarettes, alcohol and drugs?
    Bro, if you are so mentally unwell that you worry that your queue will pop when you have to piss, and you would rather piss yourself then risk missing it, you need help, especially since you could easily piss BEFORE or shortly after queuing, so you dont have to later.

Bro, if you are so mentally unwell that you worry that your queue will pop when you have to piss, and you would rather piss yourself then risk missing it, you need help, especially since you could easily piss BEFORE or shortly after queuing, so you dont have to later.
    Casual player doesn't want to even bother about it. May be he plays at work and wants to be able to hit Alt+F4 as his boss comes in to offer some task.

7+ Year Old Account
    Casual player doesn't want to even bother about it. May be he plays at work and wants to be able to hit Alt+F4 as his boss comes in to offer some task.
    Bro

Pissing yourself in your chair and playing video games at work when you should be working, are really not things you are saying are normal and okay right?

Bro

Pissing yourself in your chair and playing video games at work when you should be working, are really not things you are saying are normal and okay right?
    What you call "normal"? Playing games, that are 2nd jobs? "Normal" people play games in a morning before going to work, in transport, during breaks. And therefore such games shouldn't "warm up" for 30-40 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    All your complaints boil down to you wanting a single-player MMORPG at this rate..

- - - Updated - - -

You shouldn't be playing at work anyways? You have an issue if you feel a need for such.

- - - Updated - - -

What you call "normal"? Playing games, that are 2nd jobs? "Normal" people play games in a morning before going to work, in transport, during breaks. And therefore such games shouldn't "warm up" for 30-40 minutes.
    "Normal people play games in a morning before going to work" - What? No, that ain't normal people. "Normal" people don't play during transportation or breaks either..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    All your complaints boil down to you wanting a single-player MMORPG at this rate..

- - - Updated - - -

You shouldn't be playing at work anyways? You have an issue if you feel a need for such.

- - - Updated - - -

"Normal people play games in a morning before going to work" - What? No, that ain't normal people. "Normal" people don't play during transportation or breaks either..
    Yeah, that's why mobile games rise and MMOs drop.

Don't get me wrong. I don't ask to turn Wow into 3-in-a-row. Those are extreme cases, that are used as example to show, that even squirrel kissers aren't the most casual players in this world. I just try to show, why some players feel uncomfortable in games, that have too long uninterruptible playing sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post

1. Dont know about recipe vendors. Probably added in latest season. Still reqs currency grind.

2. You dont buy them for nothing. And still... added in last season.

3. That IS games fault that you have to GRIND something just to unlock abilities.

TY God they removed "borrowed power" systems in DF.