Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mostly the changes that come with classic automatically (better paced content releases, consistent tuning instead of weekly panicnerfs) and changes they made to Wrath already (removal of lFd/r systems, shared lockouts between normal and heroics).

Dragonsoul, just like TotC, also needs to get some RP skips to be enjoyable.

And if they want to super convince me to come back, they can restore a bit of the lost content.

Should make for a short xpac, but as far as I remember, most of Catas content was actually decent to great. It just didn't have the polish it needed.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I'm not fighting a battle, I'm expressing my opinion about changes I would or wouldn't make to a video game. If Blizzard want to make it harder to access group content in an MMO that's their prerogative, I just won't play it.
    No I know I was just using a figure of speech, as in like, I appreciate some people will want LFR, but I would honestly say of every single feature in WoW ever made, LFR is by a country mile the most hated. There is literally ZERO chance they will put that in a classic version thats all I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    I'm not sure you understand what Classic means.
    I understand this is exactly how you FEEL, and that's fine, but the cold, hard truth of the matter is that CLASSIC is whatever the hell Blizzard decides to slap the CLASSIC label on, regardless of your feelings. Those are the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo94 View Post
    Blizzard dosent know this, what do you mean. Ion literally said in an interview that he respects that they lost something when you could no longer do the equivalent of 10 man mythic as it was highly accessible. I know a lot of people who quit raiding mythic level because they could no longer play in 10 man guilds, myself included, so I could equally tell you that making mythic 20 man only raiding destroyed a lot of guilds.

Raiding is already struggling in retail, one reason being how inaccessible 20 man raiding is. There used to be way more 10 man guilds than 25 man guilds.
    Raiding was fine and healthy until the 10/25 bullshit fiasco. It created a huge rift in the community it literally shattered thousands of guilds created balancing nightmares and was finally resolved once they created a single difficulty size for mythic. They had a perfect niche in Wrath and the way they are handling it in Classic seems to be a viable solution without having to shatter larger guilds into 10-man guilds. If they repeat the same mistakes they made in the past Cata will be a shitshow just as it was back in the day. I'm hoping they just develop off of Wrath and make a real Classic+ and not make those same mistakes again. Dragonsoul was garbage anyway and let's not even talk about that underwater zone that must not be named.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo94 View Post
    I would honestly say of every single feature in WoW ever made, LFR is by a country mile the most hated. There is literally ZERO chance they will put that in a classic version thats all I was saying.
    Never really understood that tbh. It's not as if it took anything away from the game. People who want to manually group for hard content are still able to do it. Why be mad about a feature they were never going to use anyway?

Skip it and go right to MOP (and stop there) and #nofuckingchanges and stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Skip it and go right to MOP (and stop there) and #nofuckingchanges and stick to it.
    I would like to see the 3.3.5 client run on vanilla. Obviously there would need to be adjustments made to bosses. I feel like going forward until Legion or BFA is going to be a huge investment for not a lot of return.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinraye View Post
    It's not about the age of the expansion. Its about the design philosophy. Unfortunately, modern WoW starts in Cata, and it won't matter if 50 years go by it still won't be classic as it is a fundamentally different game from the classic experience.
    IMO Modern WoW started Wrath and grew within Cata before fully taking shape in MoP. Regardless that isn't good reason to not have Cata servers because for some people it doesn't fit the definition of "classic."

- - - Updated - - -

That has nothing to do with it.

Classic means the whole design philosophy and world. Both these things were destroyed and completely changed in Cata, ending Classic and IMO ruining the game.
    Cata is closer to Wrath in design than it is current WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    IMO Modern WoW started Wrath and grew within Cata before fully taking shape in MoP. Regardless that isn't good reason to not have Cata servers because for some people it doesn't fit the definition of "classic."

- - - Updated - - -

Cata is closer to Wrath in design than it is current WoW.
    There aren't any good reasons to have Cata. It fucking sucked. The end point for Classic (the design philosophy, the world) is Wrath. Age has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you want to play Cata, log in to retail and go have a party in Deepholm.

Wrath was always going to be the point where they either branch it for new "classic" content, or veer off into bullshit land with Cata and loose a lot of people.

I really enjoyed Cataclysm, but Cataclysm is also when people started asking for Classic servers. Classic Cataclysm would be a contradiction in terms.

There aren't any good reasons to have Cata. It fucking sucked. The end point for Classic (the design philosophy, the world) is Wrath. Age has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you want to play Cata, log in to retail and go have a party in Deepholm.

Wrath was always going to be the point where they either branch it for new "classic" content, or veer off into bullshit land with Cata and loose a lot of people.
    And yet for some people they loved Cata more than Wrath. You can even find people that think Wrath was the worst expansion they've played, including shadowlands and WoD.

The world of Classic wow ended with Cata, but the design philosophy began to change in Wrath.

Cata Launch was awesome, leveling zones were great, heroics too, so until p2: no changes pls
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.

Another person who clearly has no idea what classic means.

Rather angry though aren't you.
    What defines classic?

Just make the last patch shorter. If they happen to have any of the cut content available and they can add it, that's also a bonus for the people that will be playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Raiding was fine and healthy...
    Is that a end summer bad joke?

Perhaps it was fine for those few that actually got a raid spot, everyone else was doing nothing other then 5m... The only pugs on my servers were just to clear trash. And i must remind you that because of the supid guild reputation changing guild wasn't worth of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Is that a end summer bad joke?

Perhaps it was fine for those few that actually got a raid spot, everyone else was doing nothing other then 5m... The only pugs on my servers were just to clear trash. And i must remind you that because of the supid guild reputation changing guild wasn't worth of it.
    You were on a crappy server in a bad guild. More people took part in ICC than any other raid in WoW history. Literally pugs doing runs on Illidan server on Heroic. Get out of here with this garbage.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2022-09-15 at 09:19 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Imagine despising retail but having no problem to go full circle.

I'll see ya in 5 years or so in WoD classic XD

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Title says it all, really.

Personally, aside from removing LFD, I wouldnt change much.
    Dragonsoul remade from the ground up, 2-3 more bosses added to Firelands, and LFR never introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    What defines classic?
    Already covered this, numerous times.

Already covered this, numerous times.
    Iam fine with you copy pasting it, no worry.

What is classic? What makes something not classic?