Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    because a major developer like the world of warcraft art director said in an interview on wowhead that high elves are a race and that race is different from blood elves and void elves but now they are playable as blood elves and void elves customization .
    if you see a thalassian elf with blue eyes that's a high elf.
    I post in this thread because a mod told me to.
    Again I ask you, what's your impulse for posting on what's clearly an alliance aligned thread about high elves about horde high elves/blue eyed blood elves, when there's already a blood elf thread?

BE and HE are biologically the same, we've had blue eyed blood elves since BC and the general agreement was that there were blue eyed BE's, the high elf in contrast to blood elf exists to differentiate the groups politics.

if you see a thalassian elf with blue eyes that's a high elf
    And I have to stress on this that no matter how much you twist the dev's meaning of giving both sides the "high elf fantasy", eye color does not mean you are a high elf, because eye color doesn't change your race. Blood Elves are called Blood Elves because they chose that name, not their eye color and your reductive stance on the matter is dismissing what feels like years of conversations made on this very thread.

Not every BE with blue eyes is a High Elf. You're dismissing every BE fan that loves BE cultural identity but simply wanted blue eyes with your weird fixation that eye color correlates to race.

The art director tells us that high elves are a race and that they are playable as blood elf and void elf customization.
    You keep talking about this "art director" telling you all of this things when the only thing he ever said about High Elves was calling the light skin, blonde hair and extra blue eyes options for Void Elves "a few High Elf customization available."
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...-customization

He didn't say you're playing a High Elf, that's imagination time. He didn't change the name of the playable races to High Elves. In quest log you're still addressed as Blood Elf or a Void Elf. Looking like something doesn't immediately make you that race, otherwise this Night Elf would be addressed as a Nightborne and current Nightborne would be adressed as deformed monstrosities that look nothing like actual Nightborne look.

I asked if I could make another thread to talk about the high elves of the horde and a mod told me to only post in this thread
    That never happened, you're free to make a thread about anything discussing any aspect of the game, you don't even have to make it in general if you don't want to, there is the Lore section to discuss any current event with the Blood Elves or whatever. Thing is you know nobody would keep bumping it like people do this thread because Blood Elves are currently the most boring race in the Horde who's entire culture revolves around worshiping the Light just like the humans and their latest Blood Elf lore update was some creepy garbage fanfic of their leader having sex with some purple woman.

Also if a moderator had told you you had to use this thread to talk about Blood Elves then how come you never talk about Blood Elves and instead you just try to pick up a fight with people telling them what Ion said with "If you want High Elves the Horde is waiting for you". The same Ion who did an interview in which he personally threatened to ban you if you modified the game files to make your Blood Elf have blue eyes because when the options were datamined he was pretty loud about them NOT being available for Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Not every BE with blue eyes is a High Elf. You're dismissing every BE fan that loves BE cultural identity but simply wanted blue eyes with your weird fixation that eye color correlates to race.
    I disagree. The whole eye color thing is not a thing that was ever reflected in game. Blizzard is allowed to say in as many interviews as they want "oh no totally all the High Elves in Outland had green eyes because they were around fel energies" but if said employee fanfic is not represented in game then it didn't happen. Not a single High Elf character has green eyes despite being around fel energies, Alleria should outright have fel eyes because of how much time she spent fighting demons yet she still has blue eyes and not due to Void use since we've seen Void users have purple eyes, like Seline. Same as there isn't a single Blood Elf with blue eyes in the game, only Blood Elves with non green eyes we have are Liadrin with gold eyes due to her connection to the light and Koltiras because he's an undead death knight.

Players having a customization option available is not a new lore statement, otherwise Demon Hunter lore needs to be rewritten because some player decided their DH doesn't have tattoos which are a requirement to be a DH but in character creation screen you're not forced to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by RenTheCat View Post
    I disagree. The whole eye color thing is not a thing that was ever reflected in game. Blizzard is allowed to say in as many interviews as they want "oh no totally all the High Elves in Outland had green eyes because they were around fel energies" but if said employee fanfic is not represented in game then it didn't happen. Not a single High Elf character has green eyes despite being around fel energies, Alleria should outright have fel eyes because of how much time she spent fighting demons yet she still has blue eyes and not due to Void use since we've seen Void users have purple eyes, like Seline. Same as there isn't a single Blood Elf with blue eyes in the game, only Blood Elves with non green eyes we have are Liadrin with gold eyes due to her connection to the light and Koltiras because he's an undead death knight.

Players having a customization option available is not a new lore statement, otherwise Demon Hunter lore needs to be rewritten because some player decided their DH doesn't have tattoos which are a requirement to be a DH but in character creation screen you're not forced to have them.
    But the idea itself that "fel makes your eyes green" is an oversimplification of fel exposure/radiation. The facts are simple, High Elves and Mag'har lived for decades in Outland without being corrupted by fel, ergo there's something about the manner of exposure that turned BE eyes green and Orcs green that made it so.

Sure you can say it's a lore mistake, but why dismiss the in game and in universe context when it can answer that?

The devs said that Blood Elves would regain their blue eyes with time back in the day, contextually, that we have have blue eyes now on BE can easily been explained by the Sunwell not only giving golden eyes to the most pious, but also cleansing the fel radiation on some.

The whole idea that simply "fel makes your eyes green" has never been supported in game. It was always made more sense being about the type of radiation/exposure (in the case of BE, fel energy being used as an energy source in Quel'thalas)

Same as there isn't a single Blood Elf with blue eyes in the game
    We've have had Blue Eyed BE since BC with Astromancer Darnarian, then a BE smith was added with blue eyes, as well as some BE Sunreaver NPC's during MoP.

Currently there have been more blue eyed BE NPC's than golden eyed.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2022-09-15 at 09:50 PM.

Again I ask you, what's your impulse for posting on what's clearly an alliance aligned thread about high elves about horde high elves/blue eyed blood elves, when there's already a blood elf thread?

BE and HE are biologically the same, we've had blue eyed blood elves since BC and the general agreement was that there were blue eyed BE's, the high elf in contrast to blood elf exists to differentiate the groups politics.

And I have to stress on this that no matter how much you twist the dev's meaning of giving both sides the "high elf fantasy", eye color does not mean you are a high elf, because eye color doesn't change your race. Blood Elves are called Blood Elves because they chose that name, not their eye color and your reductive stance on the matter is dismissing what feels like years of conversations made on this very thread.

I asked if I could post in another thread and a mod told me no, to post in this thread
    once again I am not the one who says that they are different races it was the art director of wow

- - - Updated - - -

You keep talking about this "art director" telling you all of this things when the only thing he ever said about High Elves was calling the light skin, blonde hair and extra blue eyes options for Void Elves "a few High Elf customization available."
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...-customization

He didn't say you're playing a High Elf, that's imagination time. He didn't change the name of the playable races to High Elves. In quest log you're still addressed as Blood Elf or a Void Elf. Looking like something doesn't immediately make you that race, otherwise this Night Elf would be addressed as a Nightborne and current Nightborne would be adressed as deformed monstrosities that look nothing like actual Nightborne look.

That never happened, you're free to make a thread about anything discussing any aspect of the game, you don't even have to make it in general if you don't want to, there is the Lore section to discuss any current event with the Blood Elves or whatever. Thing is you know nobody would keep bumping it like people do this thread because Blood Elves are currently the most boring race in the Horde who's entire culture revolves around worshiping the Light just like the humans and their latest Blood Elf lore update was some creepy garbage fanfic of their leader having sex with some purple woman.

Also if a moderator had told you you had to use this thread to talk about Blood Elves then how come you never talk about Blood Elves and instead you just try to pick up a fight with people telling them what Ion said with "If you want High Elves the Horde is waiting for you". The same Ion who did an interview in which he personally threatened to ban you if you modified the game files to make your Blood Elf have blue eyes because when the options were datamined he was pretty loud about them NOT being available for Blood Elves.

According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands,
    but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    How about no, don't forget this

Mod note: This is now the officially designated High Elf discussion thread. Please keep all discussion regarding this race in here.
    ely cannon makes it clear that these customizations exist so you can play as the high elf race. which are for both void elves and blood elves and that you choose your align

and yes, a mod said keep posting in this thread

I asked if I could post in another thread and a mod told me no, to post in this thread
    once again I am not the one who says that they are different races it was the art director of wow
    and yes, a mod said keep posting in this thread
    No. You were being petty and said "I am going to make my own thread about high elves but with allegiance to the Horde!". You were told to keep High Elf discussion in this thread. Blood Elves are not High Elves however and you've been given enough sources to show you that. The species both High Elves and Blood Elves belong to is Elves, same as Night Elves, Nightborne, Felborne, Nightfallen, Darkfallen, Fal'Dorei, etc. have been addressed multiple times ever since Warcraft 3. This is not the Elf thread, this is the High Elf thread. There's no High Elf in the Horde and any roleplaying about your character should be taken to https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/300-Role-Playing

No. You were being petty and said "I am going to make my own thread about high elves but with allegiance to the Horde!". You were told to keep High Elf discussion in this thread. Blood Elves are not High Elves however and you've been given enough sources to show you that. The species both High Elves and Blood Elves belong to is Elves, same as Night Elves, Nightborne, Felborne, Nightfallen, Darkfallen, Fal'Dorei, etc. have been addressed multiple times ever since Warcraft 3. This is not the Elf thread, this is the High Elf thread. There's no High Elf in the Horde and any roleplaying about your character should be taken to https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/300-Role-Playing
    I pay attention to what the developers say. customizations exist to represent the different races like sand trolls.
    and blood elves and high elves are different races is what the art director said.
    and yes, a mod told me to keep posting in this thread.

the elfkind exists, said grand magister rommath in suramar

Again, I am asking you; what possibly keeps you posting about blue eyed blood elves/ horde high elves on the Blood Elf Thread?

We talk about Void Elves in here too because even when they are biologically far more distinct than BE are to HE, their are closer ideologically to Alliance High Elves.

You keep saying "a mod told me to post here" and "Ely Cannon said that they are different races" but you haven't been able to explain why you think "Horde High Elves" wouldn't be a discussion topic better suited to the Blood Elf Thread than this High Elf thread which is *obviously* Alliance aligned.

And again, it's really up to you, we're all free to ignore you, but I just don't understand your motivation here at all.

Again, I am asking you; what possibly keeps you posting about blue eyed blood elves/ horde high elves on the Blood Elf Thread?

We talk about Void Elves in here too because even when they are biologically far more distinct than BE are to HE, their are closer ideologically to Alliance High Elves.

You keep saying "a mod told me to post here" and "Ely Cannon said that they are different races" but you haven't been able to explain why you think "Horde High Elves" wouldn't be a discussion topic better suited to the Blood Elf Thread than this High Elf thread which is *obviously* Alliance aligned.

And again, it's really up to you, we're all free to ignore you, but I just don't understand your motivation here at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    [SIZE=3][B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Mod note: This is now the officially designated High Elf discussion thread. Please keep all discussion regarding this race in here.
    I'm posting here because according to mobs this is the thread for the high elf race in general and all discussions of the high elf race should be posted here. It's not about the high elf alliance faction, it's about the race in general.

Now I propose to change the title of the blood elf thread and put "blood elf and horde high elf thread"

If it bothers the players of the alliance so much, let this thread be used
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2022-09-16 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm posting here because according to mobs this is the thread for the high elf race in general and all discussions of the high elf race should be posted here. It's not about the high elf alliance faction, it's about the race in general.

Now I propose to change the title of the blood elf thread and put "blood elf and horde high elf thread"

If it bothers the players of the alliance so much, let this thread be used
    Your blue-eyed blood elves never - even a single time - called themselves High elves.

So please stop with your own headcanon.

That's like saying High elves are Blood elves. That's completely false.

In the entire history of WoW, High elves have always been either Alliance or neutral, favoring the Alliance, and have never been exposed to the fel.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Your blue-eyed blood elves never - even a single time - called themselves High elves.

So please stop with your own headcanon.

That's like saying High elves are Blood elves. That's completely false.

In the entire history of WoW, High elves have always been either Alliance or neutral, favoring the Alliance, and have never been exposed to the fel.
    is what the art director says. It says that the high elves are a race and that they are playable as customizations for blood elves and void elves.

Summoner Nolric is a high elf warlock

What a great idea. +1
    Looking for where to download premium apps and new games? Search "techzapk" on Google and enjoy! All is free!
    Last edited by FranklinRogers; 2022-09-19 at 02:43 AM. Reason: note

Leave it to the WoW fanbase online to make such a big deal out of what defines a blood elf or a high elf.

But in the end, does it really matter, when none of their major characters are receiving any serious lore development? Well, aside from Lor'themar Theron getting married off-screen, not that anyone cares anyway.

Sigh, how I envy Forsaken players. How I truly envy them. It must have a been joy seeing their racial leader in the spotlight for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Leave it to the WoW fanbase online to make such a big deal out of what defines a blood elf or a high elf.

But in the end, does it really matter, when none of their major characters are receiving any serious lore development? Well, aside from Lor'themar Theron getting married off-screen, not that anyone cares anyway.

Sigh, how I envy Forsaken players. How I truly envy them. It must have a been joy seeing their racial leader in the spotlight for years.
    we are going to see the wedding in a short story.

more high elves horde in Dragon Isles

snip
    Your standards must be abysmally low if you count that as "serious lore development".

A wedding in a short story is not serious lore development.

Thanessa Silvermbloom is not an important character.

I can't tell who those other NPCs are but I can tell you that they aren't important characters either.

As it turns out, random extras are not important characters.

Do you know who are important characters? Alleria and Vereesa.

Surely you had another point to make I hope?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me Rhlor, aside from showing us pics of blue-eyed blood elves for the 10th time, where are your proofs in the Lore stating that blood elves consider themselves high elves ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Your standards must be abysmally low if you count that as "serious lore development".

A wedding in a short story is not serious lore development.

Thanessa Silvermbloom is not an important character.

I can't tell who those other NPCs are but I can tell you that they aren't important characters either.

As it turns out, random extras are not important characters.

Do you know who are important characters? Alleria and Vereesa.

Surely you had another point to make I hope?
    I always liked short stories! there are very good ones that gave a lot of development to the characters like edge of the night for sylvanas
    I'm glad blizz is reposting short stories we didn't have any in shadowlands
    about the npcs i was just posting about them i wasn't replying to you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Tell me Rhlor, aside from showing us pics of blue-eyed blood elves for the 10th time, where are your proofs in the Lore stating that blood elves consider themselves high elves ?
    a developer said they are high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, he never said that, second you just proved you have found 0 statement in the Lore. That's just your own headcanon that's why you keep posting pics of blue-eyed blood elves.

I always liked short stories! there are very good ones that gave a lot of development to the characters like edge of the night for sylvanas
    I'm glad blizz is reposting short stories we didn't have any in shadowlands
    about the npcs i was just posting about them i wasn't replying to you

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, you mentioned literally the only memorable short story, and only because it's the one short story that explains the character's behaviour in the following expansion. Every other short story is forgettable filler.

What? Forsaken racial leader was literally a High Elf. Sylvanas being on screen is not Forsaken content, it's High Elf content. Sylvanas doesn't look forsaken, doesn't act Forsaken, in fact, she wasn't even forsaken by anyone, none of her sisters rejected her, nor did the Blood Elves, she even got to keep her boyfriend.
    If anything the Forsaken didn't get anything because their entire race was defined by the cult of personality of a High Elf banshee while all the actual Forsaken players were forced to play as rotten deformed hunchback humans who could NEVER relate to some bimbo that has the powers to fly away.

And now it's even worse, Forsaken had their cult of personality taken away after their leader admitted her people were nothing and had mary sue Calia, an Alliance "Lightforged" Undead who was also never forsaken by anyone and ALSO has a bimbo model that players can't even come close to replicating, shoved as their new leader.

The only race that has been pandered by Blizzard since the game was made are Orcs, who get all the cinematics about themselves, all the redemption arcs about themselves, entire expansions themed around Orcs, Orcs single-handedly saving the day at the end of expansions, etc.

What? Forsaken racial leader was literally a High Elf. Sylvanas being on screen is not Forsaken content, it's High Elf content.
    You cannot possibly be serious right now.