Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    No transmog. Looking like a clown then looking cool as you got raid gear was one of the best parts of the game.

However, assuming we do get transmog, it better be the Legion version where everything get puts into an account bound wardrobe. The Cata-WoD version where you had to keep the items was absolute trash.
    I thought I was the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Great! Can't wait to play one of WoW best and yet most underrated expansions ever! One step closer to MoP!
    while I liked LK story and atmosphere better IMO MOP had the best class designs in any version of wow, I played soooo many alts to max level it was a bit silly. *was still having fun with them right till WOD dropped (and the great prune kinda killed all the fun at once).

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    MoP might be the one expansion I actually consider replaying. Skip Cata for all I care if to many people hate it, but still do MoP
    Ironically a lot of the classic crowd refer to Pandas as their dropping off point.

I'd play Cataclysm classic, maybe. It was a shit expansion with in my opinion only one stand out raid (Firelands), I remember when it was active people joked about it being the "sit in orgrimmar and wait to pvp/raid" expansion. They sorta addressed that with the Firelands patch but I thought the daily zone was truly dire, then they sorta fixed it again by adding 3 decent dungeons (in my eyes the 3 most fun dungeons in the expansion) and giving LFR/Transmog for the casuals to do something. But LFR was a complete shitshow with group loot and loot trading, and Dragon Soul was a shit raid.

if they bring it back

1. Don't remove 5v5, just let people zug. They removed it when they were trying to still make WoW an E-sport.. It's a shit esport game, so just let people zug.

2. Don't remove profession specializations. All they did was remove flavour items from the game for no reason at all.

3. Don't remove old dungeons/raids... This applies to WOTLK too, why does Onyxia's Lair (60) have to be removed? Why remove ZG/ZA. Just have both. People like farming old raids, removing them is just removing content for no reason.

4. The pre-nerf dungeons were never hard, easy for the regular raider, but they caused casuals to quit. Making them pre-nerf again will backfire, again. Maybe a challenge mode version can exist, for skilled players to get some whatever cosmetic reward like in MOP.

5. Allow the old world to exist alongside the new one, via Chromie.

I would rather play WOTLK talents and do something new than play Cataclysm. I'm going to be honest and say I think Cataclysm class design was mostly shite, the dungeons were tedious, the homogenized new levelling experience was pointless because you gained too much experience to really do the zones entirely anyway and it ruined the old world. Vashjir and Uldum get some points for effort, the Rogue dagger quest was awesome and I liked the Twin Peaks BG.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2022-09-16 at 03:41 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Do you seriously like Stonecore, Throne of the Tides and Halls of Origination?
    I did. In terms of tuning I was in the give more time to avoid shit camp. Lots of feedback from high latency and slower reacting players wanted more time to react to mechanics. Instead devs just gave healers the middle finger to deal with healing through avoidable damage and coddle the intentional DPS above all dbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Considering DF is a pretty huge factor why Cata heroics had to be nerfed a few weeks after launch, i'd say the chances of DF being in are rather small.
    I don't think that's a sensible line of thought but ok

- - - Updated - - -

I love them! Especially HoO, it's sad there are dungeons that never get seen by the majority anymore
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I don't think that's a sensible line of thought but ok
    It is.

Challenging Content + random pugs = total chaos.
    These systems work for quick and easy content, but not where certain roles must perform a certain duty or else the group will wipe.

That's why literally any PvE content that uses a queue based system has absolutely no difficulty involved, such as Island Expedition, Warfronts or LFR.
    The second the difficulty goes up a tick (Mythic Island Expedition, Heroic Warfronts, or any raid difficulty above LFR for example), Blizzard tells players to form their groups manually because a queue based system would result in a far too high failure rate.

Halls of Origination is amazing...

the other two would be too if we hadn't had to run them so much while leveleing.... Throne of the Tides... i have seen too much of that dungeon.... waaaaaaaay too much.

Cataclysm was the best and worst of times for me. Despite being relatively new I was personally able to handle the jump in difficulty, and actually became a 25-man raid leader by the end of T11. Nefarion was a defining moment in understanding mechanics that stuck with me.

Of course, my guild could only run 25 after we rebuilt in early spring of 2011 because almost two-thirds, including most of leadership, had disappeared. And then it was such a slog because 10s were uptuned. Got in so many internet arguments with raidbros who had no idea what went on outside their circle.

It was such a shame that good people who'd played from the start - but happened to be low-skill - were driven away. The bloom was off the rose from that point. I've always wondered what might've happened if Blizzard gave more of the same like Wrath instead of upending it. I imagine, since people know what's coming and 4.3 mechanics prevail, progression would be smooth. That, of course, leaves us with the theme. Firelands dailies, ugh.

I think Cata could be the start of the "some changes" movement. No changes in Classic made sense because people wanted what WoW was back then, which was a very different game built around social interaction, levelling etc. It's was more of a roleplaying game.

Get to Cata and you get something much more in the direction of retail, levelling is pretty easy and the games more about the endgame and Cata did a lot of things great and a lot of things bad so I would welcome a Cata 2.0.

It is.
    Well of course you would think your own opinion is lol, that is a reasonable line of thought

Challenging Content + random pugs = total chaos.
    So don't make the dungeons pre-nerf? Easy solution. You already know players don't want it.

Did you play during Cata? I did lots of random dungeons and you know what I remember seeing a lot that I still find amusing? If a group got a shitty roll of classes like triple dps warriors and a prot pally tank with a holy priest healer people would leave because of the lack of CC. A hunter,mage,rogue group with any tank/healer wouldn't have any leavers (at the start).

If Blizz releases Cata Classic with pre-nerf dungeons then they are clearly hyper fucking retarded.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2022-09-16 at 12:44 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

So don't make the dungeons pre-nerf? Easy solution. You already know players don't want it.
    ...Going by the fact that we got pre nerf T4, T5 and SWP and will also get pre nerf Ulduar, where do you think this ride is going?

...Going by the fact that we got pre nerf T4, T5 and SWP and will also get pre nerf Ulduar, where do you think this ride is going?
    Guess we will have a flashback to QQ world then

OR

I also thought that since wow players are less "play what you want" these days and more metabro there will be less chance of getting triple arms warriors in Heroic Deadmines lol.
    My Collection

10+ Year Old Account
    If Cata classic comes and doesn't have RDF I'm done with Classics and I'm going to private servers lol.
    Sure you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'll never forget it. "Wow, Dungeons are hard". Just Googling this, is the top result. Pretty much tells players to learn to play. As the subs continue to bleed, they finally nerf the dungeons.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...geons-are-hard
    As it turns out. Wow players by and large were unable to meet the challenge. Which was a shame, but the dungeons were more interesting when you had to pay attention.

As long as they give WoTLK the Season of Mastery Treatment; I do not care if they release Cata Classic. But if Cata Classic does to WoTLK Classic as it did to TBC Classic; Then I hope they never release it.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

If they do Cata Classic, then they will need to keep WotLK servers separate. Otherwise what would be the point of doing "classic" if we eventually end up at retail in the end.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'll never forget it. "Wow, Dungeons are hard". Just Googling this, is the top result. Pretty much tells players to learn to play. As the subs continue to bleed, they finally nerf the dungeons.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...geons-are-hard
    Yup. I remembered this as well.

Now, I will say that I definitely think SOME of the dungeons were a bit overtuned. I remember Grim Batol being an absolute nightmare to get through that first week.

We actually had an easier time clearing the Tol Barad boss than we did clearing Grim Batol, and that required us to have a healer swap over to DPS spec in order to reach the DPS requirements for the enrage since nobody had hit or expertise cap.

Overall, I'd say that the tuning for the expansion was all over the place initially, and then some of the later raids were also tuned poorly.

All in all, probably one of my least favorite expansions in terms of balance. Some fights were harder on ten man, some fights were harder on 25...
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2022-09-16 at 02:40 PM.

I strongly disagree. I thought that the Cataclysm dungeons were boring af and only a few of them have looked cool (Vortex Pinnacle and the lost city of tolvir).

Just because they were significantly harder than the Wrath heroics early on doesn't mean they're good. People focus too much on the difficulty aspect and complain that Blizz had heavily nerfed these dungeons, but I very well remember just how hated those dungeons were in general for being so long and tedious.

The Cata dungeons being this poorly received overall was actually the main reason why Blizzard just didn't bother a lot with dungeons in MoP as designing a dungeon was similarly difficult to designing raid encounters, but people disliked them, so they didn't bother as much.
    Not all of the LK dungeons were easy as heroic upon release either. People just remember the easier ones and how trivial they were once out geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Sure you are.
    I will

Unless you are trying to be a fucking smart ass and suggest that I'm saying I'll quit playing Blizz wow and only play on private servers when I didn't fucking say that at all.

But since you have a One Piece avatar I'll assume you aren't a complete fucking retard and you were just giving me your vote of confidence <3
    My Collection