Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Lost cause
    Education, at least public education, is not a for-profit industry creating an entertainment product to sell to consumers, with massive costs associated with the creation of said entertainment product that need to be recouped.

I mean, basically y'all are mad that I'm not hating on literally everything Blizzard/D4 related on principle alone. Fuck Blizzard as a company overall, and I can't say I'm excited at the prospect of giving them money if D4 is good, but D4 is looking pretty good still so far. Will wait for launch and all, but the criticisms are largely "Blizzard bad" without legitimate reasons.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    I have people on my bnet who still play Warcraft 3 : Reforged every day, and ONE who haven't stopped D:I (they haven't spent money in it).

Also have my whole WoW mythic guild on bnet and at most one or two people stopped playing since season 1.

So you're just playing with people playing FOTM stuff and nothing else. Are you by chance playing Fortnite?
    You wish.

Most of my BNet friends are folks who played WoW back in 2004 to 2010.
    At a cursory glance, about 20 are on WoW, 40 are simply logged into bnet, and 100 are offline. Usually there's been a couple logged into D3, but not at this moment, certainly there were about 5 on it over the weekend. (Edit: lol I just looked closer, about 75% of them are on Wrath Classic, wonder where these numbers will be in, oh, say 3 to 4 months from now...)
    Also, Fortnite? Really? Is that an attempt at an insult? I haven't so much as touched Fortnite, Apex, or any of those FOTM shooters.
    My top games over the past year are FF 14 (which I joined in 2016), Path of Exile, Binding of Isaac, DOOM Eternal, Dyson Sphere Program, and Hades, if you must know.

That's great that you know some who play WC3: Reforged, whether you like it or not, there's a reason Blizzard offered refunds for the game. Take your head out of the sand. D:I had quite the uproar as well, whether you like to recognize it or not, regardless if you have friends playing it and I do not. I'm glad your friends are enjoying the games. I wish I could.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So, because you don't know anyone who kept their copy, and you haven't heard anyone speak positively, it automatically means no one ever has, and by that, Blizzard is failing?

Hmmm.

I don't personally know anyone who's won the lottery. That must mean that no one has ever won it.

That's your argument, right?
    Nice try, but my argument is as earlier in my quoted comment - Blizzard offered to refund people for WC3: Reforged, something they've never done before, to my recollection, for a digitally-purchased game. I get it, you don't like to admit Blizzard is capable of fault, but they are.
    D: Immortal caused a massive uproar on the internet, again, whether you like to admit it or not. I'm not saying no one can enjoy these games, far from it, just that they are great examples of just how far Blizzard has fallen from grace. That's all.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Education, at least public education, is not a for-profit industry creating an entertainment product to sell to consumers, with massive costs associated with the creation of said entertainment product that need to be recouped.

I mean, basically y'all are mad that I'm not hating on literally everything Blizzard/D4 related on principle alone. Fuck Blizzard as a company overall, and I can't say I'm excited at the prospect of giving them money if D4 is good, but D4 is looking pretty good still so far. Will wait for launch and all, but the criticisms are largely "Blizzard bad" without legitimate reasons.
    Do you even hear yourself? We have reasons. Blizzard leadership defends their monetarization model of immortal. Nothinh you say here will outshine that.

My point is that you're not using your head

- - - Updated - - -

Lost cause
    You are the one who can't use common sense. You said that D4 won't have good looking free sets and when proved wrong by multiple people you can't even admit that you was wrong and just say something like that?

Yeah I agree, lost cause.

Do you even hear yourself? We have reasons. Blizzard leadership defends their monetarization model of immortal.
    Yes, a mobile game. A game extremely deserving of all the criticism it has received, and continues to receive, for its monetization. That's literally leaderships job, to defend products they make that make them money.

I just don't confuse what's happening with D:I with D4 or any other non-mobile games that Blizzard is working on. Each product is different, made by different teams with different goals. I judge each independently, with the knowledge of the broader context of Blizzard underneath that.

I'm not here trying to compare a digital entertainment product directly to education as if they're both the same business, offering the same product/service, have the same financial goals for the respective organizations, or have the same ideal outcomes for their product/service.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    They both live on reputation.
    I mean, this is basically true of everything. Products. Services. People. Again, there's not remotely comparable products/services.

I got my money's worth out of 1, 2 and 3. Didn't care for immortal really, sure it was a money grab but I never really felt like it was going to be a long term game for anyone, especially when D4 is just around the corner.

I'll base my opinions on the game after it comes out, like a normal person. Who knows what it will actually be like and speculations are going out like it's fact. If it winds up looking good, after the release, I might even get the collectors edition or whatever they decide to call it. I'll just miss out on the pre order.

Yes, a mobile game. A game extremely deserving of all the criticism it has received, and continues to receive, for its monetization. That's literally leaderships job, to defend products they make that make them money.

I just don't confuse what's happening with D:I with D4 or any other non-mobile games that Blizzard is working on. Each product is different, made by different teams with different goals. I judge each independently, with the knowledge of the broader context of Blizzard underneath that.

I'm not here trying to compare a digital entertainment product directly to education as if they're both the same business, offering the same product/service, have the same financial goals for the respective organizations, or have the same ideal outcomes for their product/service.
    There is literally nothing that stands in their way of doing the same for diablo 4. You're confusing the blizzard of old with the current. Look at lost ark snd genshin. People whale incredible amounts. Blizzard would almost be stupid for not getting in on that

15+ Year Old Account
    Any word on a physical Collector's Edition?

There is literally nothing that stands in their way of doing the same for diablo 4.
    Or from doing the same to WoW. Or OW2. What's your point?

You're confusing the blizzard of old with the current.
    Not in the slightest. I'm well aware that "old Blizzard" hasn't been around for many years.

Look at lost ark snd genshin. People whale incredible amounts.
    ...and? I don't play either actively right now but Lost Ark is fun and if folks want to pay to progress faster then whatever, doesn't bug me, I don't PvP. Genshin? Seems like a surprisingly reasonable gacha game and you can play and progress, at a slower rate, for free.

What. Is. Your. Point? That people can spend a lot of money if they want?...and?

Blizzard would almost be stupid for not getting in on that
    Except they're literally ditching super lucrative lockboxes for a season pass/direct MTX approach in OW2.

Do you even hear yourself? We have reasons. Blizzard leadership defends their monetarization model of immortal. Nothinh you say here will outshine that.
    Nice job proving their point, if nothing else.

Or from doing the same to WoW. Or OW2. What's your point?

Not in the slightest. I'm well aware that "old Blizzard" hasn't been around for many years.

...and? I don't play either actively right now but Lost Ark is fun and if folks want to pay to progress faster then whatever, doesn't bug me, I don't PvP. Genshin? Seems like a surprisingly reasonable gacha game and you can play and progress, at a slower rate, for free.

What. Is. Your. Point? That people can spend a lot of money if they want?...and?

Except they're literally ditching super lucrative lockboxes for a season pass/direct MTX approach in OW2.
    I'm simply reading "i support it, i might not use it, but it's alright" undertones in your post. We won't reach a compromise that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Nice job proving their point, if nothing else.
    Really? I fail to see how

10+ Year Old Account
    There is literally nothing that stands in their way of doing the same for diablo 4. You're confusing the blizzard of old with the current. Look at lost ark snd genshin. People whale incredible amounts. Blizzard would almost be stupid for not getting in on that
    Nothing wrong with selling cosmetics. You got it in WoW, not a problem. What Blizzard NEEDs is a Steam Community Marketplace esque' store. That ecosystem is genius.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Nothing wrong with selling cosmetics. You got it in WoW, not a problem. What Blizzard NEEDs is a Steam Community Marketplace esque' store. That ecosystem is genius.
    100% agree.

The problem is that you might get cheap or free cosmetics and be set for life, less chance to purchase anything blizzard makes. Can't have that now can you

The problem is that you might get cheap or free cosmetics and be set for life, less chance to purchase anything blizzard makes. Can't have that now can you
    Check their post showing off in-game vs. paid cosmetics. Sure looks like the in-game armors will have plenty of cool looks to choose from.

Seriously who cares about mtx for cosmetics? If u don't want them don't buy them.

And anyone who compares DI (free mobile game) do D4(multiplatform retail game) are morons. If u can't tell the differences then there is no point with arguing with you about it. Comparing the two games is the stupidest thing I've heard and clearly an attempt at doing nothing else but making a poor attempt at making the world aware of ur hatred for Blizzard and shouldn't even be here
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

Check their post showing off in-game vs. paid cosmetics. Sure looks like the in-game armors will have plenty of cool looks to choose from.
    Check wow's free mounts versus the paid ones. Don't pretend to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    This is exactly the mentality that got us here ... in a position where we're closer and closer to P2W being the norm, just like mobile ... P2W game, oh that just just how it works.
    Cosmetics today, a little inconvenience removed tomorrow, a little boost later on, cross-platform between PC and mobile to get people used to it, and before you know it the games are no longer focused on fun and exciting gameplay but on mind games to get you to pay as much as possible like that other game that shall not be named.

There is absolutely no value in having anything available only in a cash shop, cosmetic or otherwise. Cosmetics are part of the game too, no matter how you swing it around.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-09-16 at 05:02 PM.

Check wow's free mounts versus the paid ones.
    Plenty of cool in-game ones still. Plenty of in-game mounts that are difficult to earn and, while they may not be the coolest looking mounts for everyone, remain status symbols of your achievement.

What about it?