Poll: Will you play Cataclysm Classic if its released

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would you play Cataclysm Classic?

Given the multiple discussions on the possibility of Cataclysm, I am just curious to see how interested forum goers are in Cata Classic.

Is it something you are looking forward too? Would you play through the entire expansion or just dabble in it until a certain point?

PvP was great so yep

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Ehhhh - honestly, even though Cata is my second favorite expansion, I'd rather Blizzard do WotLK classic and add more to it, akin to OSRS. Maybe change up talents a bit, do some fun stuff that some certain popular p-servers have done. For all that I love Cata for, it was the very difficult Heroics on launch, and some of the raid bosses. And PvP. But, I think WotLK could be expanded into something greater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Not all of it, but every now and then. I'd play all of the expacs till end of Legion. WoD too, for all it's faults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I don't think you'll get a very good sample size out of this forum but props for trying at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    Ehhhh - honestly, even though Cata is my second favorite expansion, I'd rather Blizzard do WotLK classic and add more to it, akin to OSRS. Maybe change up talents a bit, do some fun stuff that some certain popular p-servers have done. For all that I love Cata for, it was the very difficult Heroics on launch, and some of the raid bosses. And PvP. But, I think WotLK could be expanded into something greater.
    This is never happening. Blizzard is not going to develop two live versions of the same game. Ever.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-09-16 at 09:02 PM.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    This is never happening. Blizzard is not going to develop two live version of the same game. Ever.
    Yeah, I can see that, considering they're trying to generate interest for Cata Classic. It would be the more financially viable option, though, in my opinion. Jagex does it and they're a micro-company compared to Blizzard. If they wanted money, they'd do it. That's all I'm saying.
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Yeah, I can see that, considering they're trying to generate interest for Cata Classic. It would be the more financially viable option, though, in my opinion. Jagex does it and they're a micro-company compared to Blizzard. If they wanted money, they'd do it. That's all I'm saying.
    OSRS is an entirely different kind of MMO than WoW. It's easier for Jagex to do it because development costs are microscopic compared to WoW's. Blizzard can barely handle one single live developed game and there is not a universe which exists where Blizzard would be interested in opening themselves up for development on two. At the very least it would require Classic to have its own separate subscription cost...something that would be an immediate turn off for many of its current players, I'd wager.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could release tuned versions of old raids, like they did with Onyxia.

- - - Updated - - -

This is never happening. Blizzard is not going to develop two live version of the same game. Ever.
    Yeah, i agree, classic is aimed for minimal development,

Have no interest in playing Classic Cataclysm.

Would be very excited about a new go-around of Vanilla Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Would be very excited about a new go-around of Vanilla Classic.
    Did you play SoM Classic?

Did you play SoM Classic?
    Played the initial Classic, and had a very good time. Skipped SoM Classic since it was too soon since the actual Classic had ended, even if i found some of the gimmicks interesting (shorter phases, added difficulty on some raids, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Played the initial Classic, and had a very good time. Skipped SoM Classic since it was too soon since the actual Classic had ended, even if i found some of the gimmicks interesting (shorter phases, added difficulty on some raids, etc).
    Gotcha, just curious. I think there are a decent number of players like you who'd be interested in eternal SoM-like servers. I think if we don't get Cata Classic that this is most likely the direction I can see Classic going.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-09-16 at 09:25 PM.

Hopefully they keep the Heroics as they were on launch. Sadly I think they won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Nope. To me Cata was the beginning of the end, that turning point where I no longer wanted to play every day. There were a few reasons, but mainly I didn't like what they did with the talent trees.

Nope. Cata was my least favorite xpac. After WOTLK classic I'll just go back to retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like the other Classics, nope?

Though, Druid was fun in Cataclysm, and so was the Rogue legendary questline.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The first 4 weeks of Cataclysm with super difficult heroics were AMAZING. If they launch Cata Classic with that, I'm in. If they launch with the watered down and nerfed dungeons, I'm not.

And I loved Archeology in Cataclysm.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Not sure yet, but probably not. Cata is the start of modern WoW where the whole game changed into something else completely. Questing got very fast and linear, specs are a lot more streamlined, a lot more emphasis on storytelling (with the story being pretty bad) and a whole bunch other things like the removal of a lot of RPG elements. Might aswell play retail instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Absolutely not. When this movement started, it was because of the irrevocable harm done to the game mostly due to the Cataclysm Expansion.
    I stopped playing at Classic, and that's where it should have stopped as well in my eyes.
    By now, not only is the game bleeding its purpose, but the community has completely lost interest in displaying any type of behavior conducive to the old expansions.

If they fix the server issues and find a way to halt transaction based raiding, I'll have another look.
    Otherwise, only interested in Vanilla.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV