Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Maybe, who knows, those are from 2016 =)
    touche
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's hard to get excited for Star Citizen salvaging when Hardspace Shipbreaker has come out and has set the bar for spaceship salvage simulator gameplay.

If you are into space games potentially worth checking Dual Universe as an MMO. Not the greatest of games coming up but scratches that itch.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    And what does it has to do with tech demos?
    In case you missed but those are Cyberpunk2077 Techdemos.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Can there really even be any genuine hype surrounding salvaging after so long? Personally, if it came out today, it'd just get a quick "oh, cool" from me and then I'd go about my day lol
    I don't think time has any relevancy though. It's one of the many long awaited features that adds a new game-loop/feature and brings more consequence to the universe. As so they will always be welcomed with hype by the playing community. If Elite Dangerous got ship interiors in the next update (despite being talked about back in the kickstarter phase) it would be met with hype because it would open many more possibilities and refresh the gameplay. If Half Life 3 was announced today it would still be met with hype despite all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    It’s fine to set the development start as far as when the first note about the game was written in toilet paper, however, but you can’t just apply that when it’s convenient to do so. CiG used several contractors and outsourced development companies to do an early prototype in 2010, meaning, Chris Roberts was “testing ideas” and “finding the fun” quite a while before it, right? : )
    There seems to be some confusion, I'm not the one applying different concepts when it's convenient. You're the one dismissing the Cyberpunk2077 2013 demo as a "first note about the game written in toilet paper" aka not part of development while stating that the pre-production of the kickstarter campaign counts as the development of Star Citizen and Squadron 42. Which scope and scale changed immensely since the first idea of the kickstarter (much like Cyberpunk initial idea).

I'll post that demo build again so you can double check if that checks as a "first note written in toilet paper":

Considering you were adamantly stating that "Cyberpunk’s pre-production started in 2016" and I showed you a pre-alpha build from 2013 we can understand that's a hard sausage to swallow but I'm sure you'll manage.

New ISC video is up, More salvaging tech news, looking good:

Here's the 2min update:

Also, New Squadron 42 Monthly Report in 2min:
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-09-16 at 04:28 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    snip
    @MrAnderson Really you just keep proving you are 1 of 3 things. You are either a paid shill for CIG, or you are a member of a cult, or you are the most disingenuous piece of shit there ever was.

So which is it? Every criticism you slightly make about SC is so mild that it is equivalent to anti criticism. You defend this game like it is your daughters virtue. We already know you don't have anything remotely related to a conscience. Just like Kenn all everyone is wanting to know why, why do you do this? I mean 1 and 2 we could understand easily. But if it is 3, screw everyone else, I just want to pick your brain if you are a cult member. Not for a paper or any thing else. Just so I can use your screwed up behavior as a benchmark to avoid your kind, or at least be able to pick them out.

I always knew games were, like everything else, becoming a persons identity, but to shut out all critical thinking is something I thought would happen at least a few years from now. Or maybe you are the canary in the coal mine to warn us that your behavior is harmful.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    @MrAnderson Really you just keep proving you are 1 of 3 things. You are either a paid shill for CIG, or you are a member of a cult, or you are the most disingenuous piece of shit there ever was.

So which is it? Every criticism you slightly make about SC is so mild that it is equivalent to anti criticism. You defend this game like it is your daughters virtue. We already know you don't have anything remotely related to a conscience. Just like Kenn all everyone is wanting to know why, why do you do this? I mean 1 and 2 we could understand easily. But if it is 3, screw everyone else, I just want to pick your brain if you are a cult member. Not for a paper or any thing else. Just so I can use your screwed up behavior as a benchmark to avoid your kind, or at least be able to pick them out.

I always knew games were, like everything else, becoming a persons identity, but to shut out all critical thinking is something I thought would happen at least a few years from now. Or maybe you are the canary in the coal mine to warn us that your behavior is harmful.
    The way that conversation would go would resemble SAUSAGE PARTY movie.

See what I did there? :P

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    The way that conversation would go would resemble SAUSAGE PARTY movie.

See what I did there? :P
    I see but really 812 pages thus far with, just eyeballing it 700 pages of 2 people, just 2 people being so much of an asshat that for years they get away with breaking this sites rules? Fuck that! I am calling this crap out now, ban for myself be damned, Kenn and Ando are nothing more than 1 of the 3 things I stated and the hypocrisy of keeping them on the site is just fucking ludicrous. I love watching idiots make fools of themselves, but keeping 2 know liars and/or paid shills here? Screw that crap those 2 deserve nothing more that a perma ban here, Sadly I think that Edge just finds them too amusing, though how Edge could after years of the same old bullshit and lies, just check Bans list of Kenns lies, is beyond me.

Edge is either too busy to know, too entertained, or just is more tolerant of bullshit that amuses them and that is why Kenn and Mr. Ando are still here with their lies and bullshit. I know Mods on this site are basically unpaid interns but for fucks sake you would think hearing the same shit over and over again would at some point get fucking old.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Is that 4 million in subs a month or 4 million for the year?
    That would be around 3.7k subs if it's yearly and 45k if monthly and if it's only $12 subs

- - - Updated - - -

Who subs to a game that isn't even working right much less not released???

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Who subs to a game that isn't even working right much less not released???
    People who believe the vision and want to financially support it on an ongoing basis while getting some early info/freebies and stuff.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    People who believe the vision and want to financially support it on an ongoing basis while getting some early info/freebies and stuff.
    So your describing either people too fucking stupid to use Google to find out about this game, or just people that are predisposed to joining a cult?

Other than those 2 types of people who the fuck else would ever pay for this buggy piece of shit? I mean this is not even early access. It is just a tech demo, and hey here is what everyone else that called it a tech demo was missing from their argument, and why Kenn and Ando could get away with their bullshit.

This is a tech demo that is being updated in real time. The minimal improvements made to SC are nothing more than the bullshit you hear from a conman. Fuck even Edge knows this shit, or ahh I don't know they would have banned or at least infracted my ass with my last post. But here they are enjoying this shitshow of a thread that thy get to moderate and participate in, all the while enjoying it. Anyway back on topic.

As I have said before you will need a quantum computer server to run this game. There is no way that SC will work with all it wants to run without a massive leap in tech. That next leap is quantum computing, by most experts and if it is it will not hit the general populace for years.

So your describing either people too fucking stupid to use Google to find out about this game, or just people that are predisposed to joining a cult?
    No, just that there are some people who believe in Roberts vision and have the money to spend to support it. They know the current state of the game and are fine spending $12 a month to that end.

I don't think time has any relevancy though.
    Man you sure aren't kidding when it comes to SC, right?

- - - Updated - - -

If Elite Dangerous got ship interiors in the next update (despite being talked about back in the kickstarter phase)
    I don't think you should be throwing stones at other games considering the status of SC and it's kickstarter phases, eh?

Oh we have another righteous bard preaching a Song of Salt & Fire here.
    In case you haven't noticed, having gamers posting on the thread of the game they play and enjoy is the norm, not the way around.
    The oddity is having so many "random bystanders" in desperate need to have everyone in their toxic bandwagon of sorrow & doom.

Also, discussing about games while providing facts (numbers, statistics, videos) that counter "doomsday theories" is not defending the game unless you think those are "attacks" to the game. Just don't let them tilt around your thoughts and you'll do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I don't think you should be throwing stones at other games considering the status of SC and it's kickstarter phases, eh?
    Why would that be a stone? Don't you agree that if Elite announced ship interiors for the next update that the community wouldn't be hyped?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man you sure aren't kidding when it comes to SC, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I know responding to the asshats that are Mr.Ando and Kenn is fun but please just smother them. After years of their crap are you not tired of the same excuses being repeated over and over again? I found it funny or the first 4 or 5 years but now, now I just want them to go away and be subject to the rules of this site. You know the ones @Edge decides to never enforce. Oh and let me make a guess why they never do fuck all, oh . . . ah . . . could it be Edge just wants to be amused? I mean Edge claims to know about software development, but for some reason never infracts Kenn or Ando when they spread lies about such. I guess Edge could just use the excuse that no one reports them, but should a moderator really just let blatant lies pass that they should know are not true? Should they engage with these liars for dozens of pages like @Edge has done with Kenn and Ando, knowing that they are propagating lies?

I know this forum is biased but I just thought it was a left/right thing not a "I'll let people lie because it is amusing" thing. I guess @Edge is just as corrupt as everyone else, and will just use the forums they mod for their personal amusement.

But hey I honestly don't blame @Edge for this. What I do condemn them for is ever claiming, by speech or action, that @Edge Was above being anything but a hypocritical piece of shit.

@Edge yeah this is at you and if your brain is as I think it is you will think a ban is something I care about. Well you wouldn't understand how wrong you are in this case. I have agreed with you before but in in this case your moderation skills are about as good as what I miss when I wipe my Taint.

- - - Updated - - -

In case you haven't noticed, having gamers posting on the thread of the game they play and enjoy is the norm, not the way around.
    The oddity is having so many "random bystanders" in desperate need to have everyone in their toxic bandwagon of sorrow & doom.

Also, discussing about games while providing facts (numbers, statistics, videos) that counter "doomsday theories" is not defending the game unless you think those are "attacks" to the game. Just don't let them tilt around your thoughts and you'll do just fine.

Why would that be a stone? Don't you agree that if Elite announced ship interiors for the next update that the community wouldn't be hyped?
    Your misunderstanding of what I said is to epic for me to bother with. You have taken any credibility you might have had and pissed on it then flushed it years ago. Or are you such a dipshit that you think anyone other than Kenn would agree with you?

Hey I know how it feels to be wrong and you are left with the option to admit it or keep going, unlike me the word "wrong" does not seem to be in your lexicon so you keep doing this for fucking years. Maybe ask yourself why you keep doing this after so many years with everyone but Kenn saying you are wrong.

Or fuck it keep playing the fool, I may be tired after 4 or so years but hey others aren't. I am just tired of watching the same show for years without any deviation.

Why are you so worried about another game that has launched? SC has been living on borrowed hype from kickstarter promises for years and failed to deliver them.

Also, love how you dodged the other comment I made about SC and time not having any relevancy

- - - Updated - - -

Even some of the most devout followers of games can point out flaws and be critical of the game. I've seen it time and time again with many games being defended on forums, such as when Star Wars Old Republic MMO launched. I am a big fan of WoW but I have no problem pointing out the shortcomings, mistakes and flaws in the game over the years. YOU on the other hand are a cult-like devotee of SC or a paid employee.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is normal about your posting habits when it comes to SC.

- - - Updated - - -

You're kidding right? People pointing out a 12 year dev cycle, no released game, perpetual Alpha and robust cash shop AFTER being Kickstarted means we're on the toxic bandwagon. Jesus fuck, what is the name of your bandwagon? "Devoted Cult Leader" or "Paid employee of CIG" ?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I know responding to the asshats that are Mr.Ando and Kenn is fun but please just smother them. After years of their crap are you not tired of the same excuses being repeated over and over again? I found it funny or the first 4 or 5 years but now, now I just want them to go away and be subject to the rules of this site. You know the ones @Edge decides to never enforce.
    I even tried talking to other mods about this with zero success.

I find it amusing to poke holes in the cultists and their comments, nothing more. If people want to toss money at CR and fund him another mansion well that isn't my problem. It is fucking stupid don't get me wrong but people do dumb shit with their money all the time.

Nothing is normal about your posting habits when it comes to SC.
    This might surprise you (it actually wont) but since his account creation back in 2015, all 1,133 have been in this very thread defending Star Citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    This might surprise you (it actually wont) but since his account creation back in 2015, all 1,133 have been in this very thread defending Star Citizen.
    Oh I'm aware, I've called him out many times on being a professional shill for the game. His first posts were the typical nonsense single liners in other threads just so they could spam links at post 10.

I'll be that guy. No one watches any of the videos you link. You have to know this by now.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'll be that guy. No one watches any of the videos you link. You have to know this by now.
    The Jehovah's witnesses that annoy 99.9% of people know close to nobody reads their darn pamphlets, but mostly hope one or two do read it, get inspired and join the cult along.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Why are you so worried
    Why worried? It's just an example, same as the Half Life 3 one. Could also be Housing for WoW etc...

I feel there's no need to pop a vein just because people enjoy playing Star Citizen, enjoy following it's development, post videos of development and get hyped for new updates.

Speaking of Development, they just released a very informative hour long video explaining Persistent Entity Streaming with 2 of the main network devs:

Well worth the watch the short version too as it's only 6 minutes:

*I need to up my pamphlet game.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-09-16 at 09:17 PM.

There seems to be some confusion, I'm not the one applying different concepts when it's convenient. You're the one dismissing the Cyberpunk2077 2013 demo as a "first note about the game written in toilet paper" aka not part of development while stating that the pre-production of the kickstarter campaign counts as the development of Star Citizen and Squadron 42. Which scope and scale changed immensely since the first idea of the kickstarter (much like Cyberpunk initial idea).

I'll post that demo build again so you can double check if that checks as a "first note written in toilet paper":

Considering you were adamantly stating that "Cyberpunk’s pre-production started in 2016" and I showed you a pre-alpha build from 2013 we can understand that's a hard sausage to swallow but I'm sure you'll manage.
    There seems to be some confusion indeed...

First off all, both CP2077 & Star Citizen pre-production dates given were " adamantly stated" by the lead-developers themselves, you'll find the information and source interviews at the Wikipedia pages, I'm just rolling with that.

Secondly, I wasn't being sarcastic or anything, I'm completely fine on setting 2013 as Cyberpunk development start if that's what you want, you can even go further back to the "first note written in toilet paper" for all I care... just remember it next time you go on about "StaR cITiZeN reAL deVeLOpmENT oNly STarTed aFTer 2016!".

Lastly, you shouldn't had ignored the second part of the post. You are trying to normalize the star citizen development cycle by cherry picking very specific video games while focusing only in the development time alone, deliberately ignoring everything else a long the way, but this was never just about "taking too long", it's about "taking too long" compared to the multiple release windows given, while being crowdfunded and extremely, insanely, heavily monitezed during it's alpha stage.

... even ignoring that Star Citizen isn't even half done yet, the fact that other video game companies might have taken as long as, or even more so, while using their own time and funds for it, is just a silly way to cope with what CiG is doing.

Now please, I'm starting to think that this discussion is just a poor excuse to forcebly insert me into your kinky sausage sexual fantasy's, not trying to shame or anything, but I just happen to be straight my dude, you'll have to try your luck somewhere else, sorry and best of luck to you.

Oh yes, because going around internet forums to flame people for criticizing a video game company is normal, and totally not toxic at all
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-09-17 at 03:52 AM.