Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Nope because Ukraine was ignored for years and it was basically implied that a "small incursion" into Ukraine would be totes fine.
    Indeed. The only way to deal with russian invaders is to blow them to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This "long war" is getting more and more doubtful, considering recent events and Putler being reprimanded by his Asian peers for stirring shit up.
    What are you talking about we are already at 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Indeed. The only way to deal with russian invaders is to blow them to hell.
    Wiping Russia from the face of the earth isn't a solution.

7+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about we are already at 6 months.
    ???

You said "going to". Not that it already is. From now on, considering the amount of Putlers failure and pressure, things may end quick. Or not.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

???

You said "going to". Not that it already is. From now on things may end quick, or not.
    I frankly don't see Russia backing down, there is no off ramp being offered aside from total capitulation and that would be a disaster for them.

Which is why I advocate letting them have a civil war or two that fractures the russian federation into a bunch of more manageable smaller countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    I frankly don't see Russia backing down, there is no off ramp being offered aside from total capitulation and that would be a disaster for them.
    I mean, there is. Remove your forces from Ukraine. Total capitulation would mean ruskies would have to acknowledge the loss and pay reparations, and we all know it wont happen. So just fuck off, weave some bullshit "mission accomplished" narrative for the masses, swallow your pride and bunker up to lick your wounds. Obviously, Putler would get a loads of shit for that, but keeping engaged in that war only makes things worse for him.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I wouldn't have thought simping for russian ethnic cleansing was a solution either, but here you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I mean, there is. Remove your forces from Ukraine. Total capitulation would mean ruskies would have to acknowledge the loss and pay reparations, and we all know it wont happen. So just fuck off, weave some bullshit "mission accomplished" narrative for the masses and swallow your pride. Obviously, Putler would get a loads of shit for that, but keeping engaged in that war only makes things worse for him.
    There is no off-ramp for Putin personally, but there is one for russia. Get rid of Putin, withdraw from Ukraine, pay reparations to Ukraine and the rest of the world might pretend that we believe that it was all Putin's idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought simping for russian ethnic cleansing was a solution either, but here you are.
    If you are going to put words in my mouth you can feel free to talk to a mirror.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, there is. Remove your forces from Ukraine. Total capitulation would mean ruskies would have to acknowledge the loss and pay reparations, and we all know it wont happen. So just fuck off, weave some bullshit "mission accomplished" narrative for the masses, swallow your pride and bunker up to lick your wounds. Obviously, Putler would get a loads of shit for that, but keeping engaged in that war only makes things worse for him.
    But doing what you say would implode the country, they shouldn't have done the invasion in the first place but here we are. From their perspective they don't see how it would get worse, sanctions aren't going to be reversed and the leadership doesn't care about lost of lives they are kind of backed into a corner of their own making.

If you are going to put words in my mouth you can feel free to talk to a mirror.
    Here's your words:

I may be mistaken but I believe their stance was that Ukraine should negotiate a solid peace deal with guarantees from the international community even if it means ceding some territory to save lives and the economy.
    They've made their intentions clear what they plan to do with the ukrainians in the places they hold. Yet here you are, advocating to give that population up for ethnic cleansing. That's why I referred you back to easo's last posts in the thread. You know, where we saw not just the russians' rhetoric that they were going to engage in ethnic cleansing, but the actual evidence of the beginnings of it.

They've made their intentions clear what they plan to do with the ukrainians in the places they hold. Yet here you are, advocating to give that population up for ethnic cleansing. That's why I referred you back to easo's last posts in the thread. You know, where we saw not just the russians' rhetoric that they were going to engage in ethnic cleansing, but the actual evidence of the beginnings of it.
    Nowhere does it say that, Russia already controled parts of the Ukraine before the invasion keep talking out of your ass.

Nowhere does it say that, Russia already controls parts of the Ukraine before the invasion keep talking out of your ass.
    Yeah, it does, right here:

I may be mistaken but I believe their stance was that Ukraine should negotiate a solid peace deal with guarantees from the international community even if it means ceding some territory to save lives and the economy.

Yeah, it does, right here:
    Yeah the territory Russia controlled pre invasion hasn't been ceded by Ukraine.

7+ Year Old Account
    But doing what you say would implode the country, they shouldn't have done the invasion in the first place but here we are. From their perspective they don't see how it would get worse, sanctions aren't going to be reversed and the leadership doesn't care about lost of lives they are kind of backed into a corner of their own making.
    But it's getting worse by the week, as shown by Ukrainians counteroffensive and Putler getting schooled by his "anti-NATO" organization peers. And country may implode even harder when sanctions and military failures keep piling on.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-17 at 06:55 PM.

Yeah the territory Russia controlled pre invasion hasn't been ceded by Ukraine.
    I refer you back to a previous post:

They've made their intentions clear what they plan to do with the ukrainians in the places they hold.
    If you're just looking for newer evidence than bucha, just look at the news. No one is forcing you to simp for warcrimes.

But it's getting worse by the week, as shown by Ukrainians counteroffensive and Putler getting schooled by his "anti-NATO" organization peers. And country may implode even harder when sanctions and military failures keep going on.
    At this point sanctions have done as much as they are going to do, the only effect left is the cutting off the gas entirely to Europe. We are all in for a rough ride after that but again they have no way to go but forward. If they capitulate the implosion is a guarantee not to mention their own necks possibly on the line, they have very little to lose by keeping it going.

7+ Year Old Account
    At this point sanctions have done as much as they are going to do, the only effect left is the cutting off the gas entirely to Europe. We are all in for a rough ride after that but again they have no way to go but forward. If they capitulate the implosion is a guarantee not to mention their own necks possibly on the line, they have very little to lose by keeping it going.
    Eh, no. Sanctions were always a long term punishment, so their full power will show in time. If Putler stays in this conflict, then the damage done by sanctions and military losses/humiliations will keep piling up. If he would immediately back off, then there is a chance to calm down West. But his proud KGB brain tells him not to.

Eh, no. Sanctions were always a long term punishment, so their full power will show in time. If Putler stays in this conflict, then the damage done by sanctions and military losses/humiliations will keep piling up. If he would immediately back off, then there is a chance to calm down West. But his proud KGB brain tells him not to.
    Nah if you look at the economic numbers the sanctions have done all they can, the last part was cutting off Russian gas but they did that to themselves early. Sanctions only work if there is a plan for diplomacy as North Korea has shown alone they don't work because those governments don't care about the average person. It's pretty obvious that the thinking Putin has isn't an unique, there's no guarantee replacing him would fix things in the short or long run.

Sanctions are working. Putin is back to the 'if you need gas, lift sanctions. Please.' stage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah if you look at the economic numbers the sanctions have done all they can, the last part was cutting off Russian gas but they did that to themselves early. Sanctions only work if there is a plan for diplomacy as North Korea has shown alone they don't work because those governments don't care about the average person. It's pretty obvious that the thinking Putin has isn't an unique, there's no guarantee replacing him would fix things in the short or long run.
    Like I said, Putlers fixation on uniting Slavs and becoming a Russian legend may not be a common sentiment among his peers. Replacing him could very well create a power struggle and make ruskies fuck off from Ukraine, something defo worth having. Also, NK citizens are waaaay more repressed than Russians. We JUST had a bunch of regional politicians speaking against Putler, something unheard of a year ago.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-17 at 07:23 PM.