Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I thinkit's more like you pulled out like a Strawberry flavoured candy first, thought it was pretty good...but the next flavour was black licorice or somethng like that and you really didn't like that. That is to say...there isn't anything actually wrong with the candy...there's just some flavours in there that you like more than others.
    nyah, I'm not critiquing subjective preference flavors here. my issues with writing on she hulk are pretty tangible and not necessarily of the "just not my preference variety" the only subjective thing here is whether those same issues bother you to the same degree as they bother me.

so I reiterate. just because its candy, doesn't mean one is obligated to just accept production quality issues. we absolutely CAN discuss them. and maybe they don't bother you to the same degree and that's fine. there are plenty of things that I'm willing to wave off because they don't bother me enough to throw me out of the narrative.

and how we interpret certain writing choices might also be subjective (as long as we are using accurate quotes or to go with candy analogy, I may think that licorice doesn't taste like licorice to me, but I can't claim that the label says something other then licorice), but this show is far from flawless and it being equivalent of candy does NOT change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I mean, I think most of us can agree that the mediocre CGI contributed to budget which lead to shorter episodes?
    The episodes are as long as they are supposed to be...that's why there are 9 episodes instead of the usual 6. The episodes are closer to the runtime of Sitcoms.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Cannot help but enjoy how people take great length at breaking themselves and making superficial analogies and metaphores to just state their dislike over the show.

She Hulk isn't even a candy. Candy has some uses and is sweet. She Hulk was brewed in a lab under the guise of a sit com that highlights the worst of marvel while offering none of the redeeming factors or light hearted fun that made it such a hit in the first place. And uses tired tropes combined with a dash of sexism and a fruity injection of talking down to the audience with poorly utilised 4th wall references that only serve to break immersion.

I wonder which youtubers I stole that off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    She Hulk isn't even a candy. Candy has some uses and is sweet. She Hulk was brewed in a lab under the guise of a sit com that highlights the worst of marvel while offering none of the redeeming factors or light hearted fun that made it such a hit in the first place. And uses tired tropes combined with a dash of sexism and a fruity injection of talking down to the audience with poorly utilised 4th wall references that only serve to break immersion.

Sorry you don't like She-Hulk as a property, then. Why are you still here? The show's about as perfect a translation as you could hope for of Dan Slott's run from 2004, which is widely considered one of her best runs. If you don't like the 4th wall breaks and talking to the audience, then you weren't ever going to like this, because that's a key element to She-Hulk.

Half of the complaints that get leveled at this show are like saying you don't like the new Batman because it's so dark and broody and gothic, or that you don't like the X-men because mutation doesn't work like that in the real world. Like, that's the concept, if you don't like it, fine, but that's not actually a criticism. It's just a statement of personal preference.

And when it's just your personal preference, that brings us back to asking why you're even here. I don't like sports, so I don't hate-watch sports and then go shitpost the Sports forum to try and ruin everything for people who DO like sports. It's a personal preference, and I can recognize that pissing in people's wheaties is just a personal character flaw. So why are you here, pissing in our wheaties, based solely on your subjective personal preferences?

Watched the first episode, man this show is as horrible as everyone says.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sorry you don't like She-Hulk as a property, then. Why are you still here? The show's about as perfect a translation as you could hope for of Dan Slott's run from 2004, which is widely considered one of her best runs. If you don't like the 4th wall breaks and talking to the audience, then you weren't ever going to like this, because that's a key element to She-Hulk.

Half of the complaints that get leveled at this show are like saying you don't like the new Batman because it's so dark and broody and gothic, or that you don't like the X-men because mutation doesn't work like that in the real world. Like, that's the concept, if you don't like it, fine, but that's not actually a criticism. It's just a statement of personal preference.

And when it's just your personal preference, that brings us back to asking why you're even here. I don't like sports, so I don't hate-watch sports and then go shitpost the Sports forum to try and ruin everything for people who DO like sports. It's a personal preference, and I can recognize that pissing in people's wheaties is just a personal character flaw. So why are you here, pissing in our wheaties, based solely on your subjective personal preferences?
    Because it's a terrible show. Imagine getting so worked up over Marvel shows and actually knows the storyline and characters, lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelMadcow View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's a terrible show. Imagine getting so worked up over Marvel shows and actually knows the storyline and characters, lmao.
    I mean, I'm posting here because I enjoy the show and discussing it. It's folks like yourself who're so "worked up" you've got to come in here to try and ruin it for everyone else for some reason.

You don't have an argument. You're just pissing in people's Wheaties.

Breaking news: The creator of She-Hulk TV Show Jessica Gao has been discovered flying on Epstein's flight over 25 times in 6 years, wonder what she's doing with all those Hollywood types on his private island.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelMadcow View Post
    You have a fascinating definition of "everyone", I'm going to borrow that definition for the moment.

"Everyone" thinks you're making a ridiculous claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    Cannot help but enjoy how people take great length at breaking themselves and making superficial analogies and metaphores to just state their dislike over the show.
    can't help but be amused by your continued bending over backwards to stretch things to fit the narrative you want to see, not the one thats actualy there.

here's a clear statement for you

I. LIKE. THE SHOW. I ENJOY IT.

you can like something and still critique it! novel idea, I know in our current environment of media illiteracy.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Well, either you stole some youtubers ignorant opinion or you're just stating your own ignorant opinion.

Dealer's choice.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You have a fascinating definition of "everyone", I'm going to borrow that definition for the moment.

"Everyone" thinks you're making a ridiculous claim.
    They are clearly just trolling. They aren't even hiding their trolling like others in this topic tried to do. Just ignore them and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    can't help but be amused by your continued bending over backwards to stretch things to fit the narrative you want to see, not the one thats actualy there.

you can like something and still critique it! novel idea, I know in our current environment of media illiteracy.
    I really wish people stop twisting things like this. It drives me nuts.

You get them doing it all ways. If you argue against them, you must love the show. If you critique the show at all, you must dislike the show. There is absolutely no room for anything else.

Right now, I can't say where I personally stand on She-hulk. There are things I like, and things I don't. (The humor tends to be hit or miss with me. I know there are always stupid jokes, but some of the jokes I just go okay, that was a little much.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well, either you stole some youtubers ignorant opinion or you're just stating your own ignorant opinion.

Dealer's choice.
    Based on the opinion, I am wondering if they even watched the MCU at all. Because She-hulk is pretty standard fare for the MCU as a whole since Phase 1.

I mean in Iron man, Tony literally makes a MySpace joke, which was written as Facebook among college kids was on the rise.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Okay, then.

As it was established, you must say only good things here about She-Shrek, so I will.
    So, the 5th episode.
    Things I liked:
    1. All the jokes were real funny, especially that one and this one.
    2. The character of Titania finally had a major spotlight and received a solid development and build, now we know a lot about her, and she's very interesting.
    3. The court scenes were fun and interesting, the whole trademark case was interesting
    4. The modellier guy was gorgeous, rupaul levels of gorgeous.
    5. Jen's dates, such a funny bunch
    6. Bald date guy not being a dick
    7. Non-racist, politically correct jokes about asian guy and asian production being cheap carbon copies, I mean - Avongers? What's not to like?

Eagerly awaiting next episode.

Last edited by Fortress of Arrogance; 2022-09-18 at 04:40 AM.

Okay, then.

As it was established, you must say only good things here about She-Shrek, so I will.
    So, the 5th episode.
    Things I liked:
    2. The character of Titania finally had a major spotlight and received a solid development and build, now we know a lot about her, and she's very interesting.
    3. The court scenes were fun and interesting, the whole trademark case was interesting
    7. Non-racist, politically correct jokes about asian guy and asian production being cheap carbon copies, I mean - Avongers? What's not to like?

good god, dude, you continue to not only miss the point but shove it into your narrative regardless of whether it fits or not.

no it has NOT been established you cannot say anything negative about the show. it has been established that you do not get to lie or twist words from other people when you express negative opinions about the show. I have literally expressed multiple negative opinions about this show and not everyone agrees with those opinions and yet somehow I do not feel attacked by people who do not share my negative opinions ... except by you and people LIKE you.

I'm about 50/50 on whether you are being sarcastic or genuine in your "points" so until you clarify, I'm not going to respond to them. and I do not give a fuck about yet another youtuber who decides to pull shit out of their ass to make this fit into their narrative they have already established, judging by their thumbnail.

no it has NOT been established you cannot say anything negative about the show.
    True. It has just been established that the mob here has claimed the right to decide what is an allowed criticism of the show and what isn't. And if you critizise the wrong thing you are misogynist. End of story.

it has been established that you do not get to lie or twist words
    Unless it is in defense of the show's message or rather the denial that there is a clear message. Then it is completely okay!

Anyway, I had a good laugh when I heard earlier this week that She-Hulk was actually supposed to have aired before Ms. Marvel, but a test screening was received so catastrophally bad that they needed to do extensive reshoots.
    I have no clue if this true, but the thought that this is the "improved" version we are seeing is hillarious.

Can't wait to see Daredevil. Probably he will need Jennifers help in the courtroom. After all he is only a man and as disastrous as Jennifer is in anything connected to her actual job as a lawyer (using literal demons to threaten a legal opponent to accept her deal, something that should get her disbarred in a heartbeat), he will be worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most recent episode is turning me off from the show. It has leaned more towards a female centric show (Akin to sex in the city). Which is not my sort of thing.

Nothing wrong with it, just not my bag. Everyone should get a show that speaks to them, but this one does not speak to me. No biggie.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Okay, then.

So, the 5th episode.
    Things I liked:

Nobody is forcing you to watch it and quite clearly the show isn't for you, so why have you watched up to eps 5? Stop watching it and move on your life like reasonable people do, I've bailed on shows I didn't like the look off during the first episode, try it sometime it helps avoid hate boners.

I'm finding the show ok so far, I hope we see some action before the end of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Wasn't this about she- "Hulk"? From poor CGI to cring worthy storyline, .....I stopped watching after episode 3. Yes, even WoT show was better than this,

so here's me exercising the same sort of control Jennifer speaks of (and not about who has it worse, like she literally tells Bruce she doesn't want to do the superhero thing because of how shitty HIS life was, but you know... actual quotes don't matter when there's predetermined agenda to push, but I digress) and speculating about next episode rather then go any further then my little aside above.

I think we can be reasonably sure that Matt primarily shows up in LA to pick up his new outfit. and my theory, based partly on the episode promo - as a lawyer himself who have majorly struggled balancing his vigilante and lawyer identities, he will be a sort of mentor to Jennifer. Having seen a refresher of just how badly Matt fucked up during his Punisher season - both in his law career AND his friendships... he has a LOT of experience with what not to do. but what I'm most curious about is how they are going to reconcile a WILDLY different tone of their experiences...

10+ Year Old Account
    so here's me exercising the same sort of control Jennifer speaks of (and not about who has it worse, like she literally tells Bruce she doesn't want to do the superhero thing because of how shitty HIS life was, but you know... actual quotes don't matter when there's predetermined agenda to push, but I digress) and speculating about next episode rather then go any further then my little aside above.

I think we can be reasonably sure that Matt primarily shows up in LA to pick up his new outfit. and my theory, based partly on the episode promo - as a lawyer himself who have majorly struggled balancing his vigilante and lawyer identities, he will be a sort of mentor to Jennifer. Having seen a refresher of just how badly Matt fucked up during his Punisher season - both in his law career AND his friendships... he has a LOT of experience with what not to do. but what I'm most curious about is how they are going to reconcile a WILDLY different tone of their experiences...
    Not just tone, but desires.

Dare Devil wants to be out there helping people as a Hero, not just a lawyer.

She-Hulk has no interest in being a vigilante.

I expect to see a clash of ideals, which could make the show a lot more interesting for me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.