Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Soooo... EVGA tells nVidia to Bugger Off

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm actually surprised it took this long for one of them to step away from them, frankly the way Nvidia has been acting overt he last 5-6 years especially has been abhorrent.

Fucking hell, imagine if nvidia was allowed to acquire ARM. They're a terrible company and the market is (still) at their mercy. It sucks that we're gonna lose the company that has arguably the best customer support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    It sucks that we're gonna lose the company that has arguably the best customer support.
    It's precisely because EVGA seems to care so much that they're stepping away though.

The worst part is that nVidia is allowed to get away with it because they make better stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Fucking hell, imagine if nvidia was allowed to acquire ARM. They're a terrible company and the market is (still) at their mercy. It sucks that we're gonna lose the company that has arguably the best customer support.
    Besides Apple, does anyone do anything with ARM? Microsoft's SQ2 sucks balls, Google didn't even bother producing their own CPU and used the default one, which, again, sucks balls and apple doesn't even bother upgrading the old one in their low end phones and can still claim "faster than anything competition has".

All I see is slow low power CPUs, and you can have that with RISC-V. I don't get this "but muh arm" hysteria, when no one does anything with it anyways. Except apple, which are the creators or co-creators of arm, have perpetual license and will do whatever the fuck they want anyway. Current state - the "openness" and worth of ARM - is not something worth to preserve and keep away from big bad tech company.

What's the issue I'm missing? Someone will have to replace low cost hobby ARM boards like beaglebone or raspberry with RISC-V ones? So fucking what? Every ARM board is non standard anyways, they even boot differently (some boot via GPU and that initializes the CPU), so there's no difference between going from one ARM board to another vs going from ARM board to RISC-V one.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO, just watched the video - clickbait, EVGA also told AMD to BUGGER OFF and seized all GPU production. LOLOLOLO. Good. Other middle man can also fuck off, I don't see the point of all those gigabyte, asus cards which are just rebadged nvidia cards.
    Last edited by ldev; 2022-09-17 at 10:41 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

15+ Year Old Account
    A shame, I never owned a EVGA card but I heard people who did and needed help from their customer service saying it's was exceptionally good.

15+ Year Old Account
    I get the sense among friends, media, internet that Nvidia kinda fell down from its pedistal overall in terms of how well the company is perceived.
    I too think they been having a ton of dickmoves the past few years.

Their products are still solid and probably will continue to be so in the future but next GPU I buy whenever that might then I will surely check for a non-Nvidia if I can get away with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    LMAO, just watched the video - clickbait, EVGA also told AMD to BUGGER OFF and seized all GPU production. LOLOLOLO. Good. Other middle man can also fuck off, I don't see the point of all those gigabyte, asus cards which are just rebadged nvidia cards.
    Case temps like 'em.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't really heard anything like this and I haven't had much problems with their GPU cards.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    A shame, I never owned a EVGA card but I heard people who did and needed help from their customer service saying it's was exceptionally good.
    I had one about two or three cards ago and it was really good. Never needed customer service but the card was solid. I think I finally stopped using it because it wasn't powerful enough for what I was doing, but I think it still works. If I knew where it is I'd try it in something.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

well shit my evga 3090 just became a collectors item

I'm now on the limbo boat. 98% of all my graphic cards have always been EVGA. What is the next best video card manufacturer with nigh as good a customer service as EVGA?

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    I'm now on the limbo boat. 98% of all my graphic cards have always been EVGA. What is the next best video card manufacturer with nigh as good a customer service as EVGA?
    On the AMD side, Sapphire.

For Nvidia, nobody, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post

Well, who other than EVGA, [at least] manufactures decent good near problem-free NVIDIA cards?

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Besides Apple, does anyone do anything with ARM? Microsoft's SQ2 sucks balls, Google didn't even bother producing their own CPU and used the default one, which, again, sucks balls and apple doesn't even bother upgrading the old one in their low end phones and can still claim "faster than anything competition has".
    If I remember right RPI's use arm and that's just because it's more cost effective for them so they can keep the prices low for entry level things.

Best cards i ever owned were EVGAs and swore i would only purchase EVGAs after such amazing experiences with their cards. Sad days for PC gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Best cards i ever owned were EVGAs and swore i would only purchase EVGAs after such amazing experiences with their cards. Sad days for PC gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post

Well, who other than EVGA, [at least] manufactures decent good near problem-free NVIDIA cards?

Some I have seen in the wild over the years:

GIGABYTE
    MSI
    XFX
    ASUS
    ZOTAC
    PNY
    ASRock
    Sapphire

I would like a testimonial of a brand name people has purchased that is qualified to recommend to us EVGA users as a acceptable to-go replacement.

I want to point out, we EVGA users buy AIB partner GPUs because they sell NVIDIA GeForce video cards generally overclocked with improved cooling fans (sometimes 3-fans)
    Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2022-09-18 at 05:15 AM.

Noone manufactures problem free cards these days, including EVGA.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Some I have seen in the wild over the years:

GIGABYTE
    MSI
    XFX
    ASUS
    ZOTAC
    PNY
    ASRock
    Sapphire

I would like a testimonial of a brand name people has purchased that is qualified to recommend to us EVGA users as a acceptable to-go replacement.

I want to point out, we EVGA users buy AIB partner GPUs because they sell NVIDIA GeForce video cards generally overclocked with improved cooling fans (sometimes 3-fans)
    Haven’t heard anything bad from ASUS besides the mobo problem last year and that was handled great.

Evga isn’t free from problems either, they had burning 3090s during the new world incident.

My brother swears by MSI. Other than that I don’t know much about them. Haven’t had a problem with them but he did have a 970 that had a very audible coil whine.

Asrock, not sure now but when I got into pc building 8 years ago they were very budget oriented. They were the ones to go to save a buck. Same with zotac and pny.

Gigabyte is kind of in the middle for asrock and Asus/msi i guess.

Xfx/sapphire are amd only manufacturers
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Haven’t heard anything bad from ASUS besides the mobo problem last year and that was handled great.

Evga isn’t free from problems either, they had burning 3090s during the new world incident.

My brother swears by MSI. Other than that I don’t know much about them. Haven’t had a problem with them but he did have a 970 that had a very audible coil whine.

Asrock, not sure now but when I got into pc building 8 years ago they were very budget oriented. They were the ones to go to save a buck. Same with zotac and pny.

Gigabyte is kind of in the middle for asrock and Asus/msi i guess.

Xfx/sapphire are amd only manufacturers
    I have been looking around. Seems for EVGA performance-like video cards, ASUS and Gigabyte are the alternative. The other brands don't go high-end overclocking+cooling fan solutions. The other brands focus more on budget and small cooling solutions.

The AMD brands you mentioned: XFX and Sapphire -- I don't know if they do high-end overclocking/cooling solutions.
    Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2022-09-18 at 07:10 AM.

I have been looking around. Seems for EVGA performance-like video cards, ASUS and Gigabyte are the alternative. The other brands don't go high-end overclocking+cooling fan solutions. The other brands focus more on budget and small cooling solutions.

The AMD brands you mentioned: XFX and Sapphire -- I don't know if they do high-end overclocking/cooling solutions.
    The MSI Trio, Lightning and suprim cards says hi

For Nvidia cards the top dogs are Asus, MSI, Gigabyte and EVGA. For AMD cards the top dogs are Sapphire, XFX, Zotac and Palit.
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2022-09-18 at 08:02 AM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL: