Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Treant form is now back, its just cosmetic though.
    Been like that since Cata changed Tree of Life into Incarnation instead of normal shapeshift for Resto

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Been like that since Cata changed Tree of Life into Incarnation instead of normal shapeshift for Resto
    I'm aware, but the spell was taught by a cosmetic spell tome before.
    Now its baseline, even though it does nothing.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-09-18 at 12:03 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I'm surprised how long it takes them to announce a final release date. I don't know how it was in the past, but Dragonflight is supposedly launching in two months and they are not sure to announce a fixed date yet?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm surprised how long it takes them to announce a final release date. I don't know how it was in the past, but Dragonflight is supposedly launching in two months and they are not sure to announce a fixed date yet?
    Most organisations (where I'm from) require four weeks notice for time off so if anyone is looking to book time off for launch then it has to be October. I can see it happening in the next two weeks if I'm honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    Most organisations (where I'm from) require four weeks notice for time off so if anyone is looking to book time off for launch then it has to be October. I can see it happening in the next two weeks if I'm honest.
    WotLK Classic launches next Tuesday (26th), so I don't think it would be the best time to announce it. Either this week or early October, imho.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-09-18 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the beta little over a month now with probably 5 total hours sunk into it. I did Legion, BfA and SL beta testing and was thoroughly hyped during those. This is the 1st time where I just do not have any drive to play this coming expansion. Sad days ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I've had the beta little over a month now with probably 5 total hours sunk into it. I did Legion, BfA and SL beta testing and was thoroughly hyped during those. This is the 1st time where I just do not have any drive to play this coming expansion. Sad days ahead.
    Let's be honest: If you're not super into playing Evoker, what else is there? New dungeons, new zones and a new raids. That's about it. New talents are nice and that, but don't change anything or alter the playstyles drastically. Here and there are some new builds that mostly play like the iteration of the spec you've been playing since Legion. Dragonriding is a useless fluff feature and besides that? Dragonflight is just not exciting when you're not interested in Evoker. It feels more like an improved status quo than a new expansion.

I'm looking forward to it because of Evoker, but that's about it.

Let's be honest: If you're not super into playing Evoker, what else is there? New dungeons, new zones and a new raids. That's about it. New talents are nice and that, but don't change anything or alter the playstyles drastically. Here and there are some new builds that mostly play like the iteration of the spec you've been playing since Legion. Dragonriding is a useless fluff feature and besides that? Dragonflight is just not exciting when you're not interested in Evoker. It feels more like an improved status quo than a new expansion.

I'm looking forward to it because of Evoker, but that's about it.
    I would say that if you don't care about the return of Tier sets/bonuses and the effect they have on the raiding experience, as well as are generally unmoved by Open World content, then yes its probably not going to change your opinion of the game.
    However, if you don't care about the improvements to general spec building, open world content, raids, dungeons, or really any of that kind of content, then what exactly are you expecting out of a new expansion?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It is a bit bizarre but I imagine they've become a lot more hesitant on finalizing anything after they had to backtrack on Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would say that if you don't care about the return of Tier sets/bonuses and the effect they have on the raiding experience, as well as are generally unmoved by Open World content, then yes its probably not going to change your opinion of the game.
    However, if you don't care about the improvements to general spec building, open world content, raids, dungeons, or really any of that kind of content, then what exactly are you expecting out of a new expansion?
    Mostly new features I guess? And not just making the base game better. For sure improving the base game and old features is a mandatory thing, but that should not replace new features, which it does in Dragonflight. I can already see how divisive Dragonflight will be just by how basic and ordinary it is for a new expansion.

Tier sets returned in Shadowlands already, so I'd hardly call that anything specific for Dragonflight. New content aka zones, dungeons etc. is for every expansion a given and nothing unsuspected. It's the bread that carries every expansion, so is improving the base game. But where's the butter? As I said, Evoker is it and if you like that - like me - you're lucky. If not, Dragonflight is like a piece of dry bread. It will satisfy your hunger, but it won't make you feel anything besides that.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-09-18 at 09:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mostly new features I guess? And not just making the base game better. For sure improving the base game and old features is a mandatory thing, but that should not replace new features, which it does in Dragonflight. I can already see how divisive Dragonflight will be just by how basic and ordinary it is for a new expansion.

Tier sets returned in Shadowlands already, so I'd hardly call that anything specific for Dragonflight. New content aka zones, dungeons etc. is for every expansion a given and nothing unsuspected. It's the bread that carries every expansion, so is improving the base game. But where's the butter? As I said, Evoker is it and if you like that - like me - you're lucky. If not, Dragonflight is like a piece of dry bread. It will satisfy your hunger, but it won't make you feel anything besides that.
    Yeah, but the "butter" of the last three expansions was hated by 95% of the playerbase. I for sure won't miss it haha.

And yes, I will rather eat a dry piece of quality bread than a shitty bread with some boring butter on top.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, but the "butter" of the last three expansions was hated by 95% of the playerbase. I for sure won't miss it haha.

And yes, I will rather eat a dry piece of quality bread than a shitty bread with some boring butter on top.
    The last expansions did not have shitty bread, they had shitty butter - in parts. That doesn't mean that all of a sudden you should completely stop adding butter because dry bread seems sufficient. It's not and y'all see that one to two months after the expansion has launched. I guess Blizzard will learn and the expansion after that will deliver on features again.

I mean most of what they do in Dragonflight is just mandatory, so I don't want to not appreciate it. I just doubt that it's enough to carry an expansion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh Jesus, Nyel&co are in that mode again. Oh tell me again fellas how no one will be hyped about this game that will sell ~3.5M or more copies before 2nd day.

YOU KNOW THIS EXPAC LOOK PRETTY NICE. BUT WHERE IS TORGHAST WARFRONT OR AP TO GRIND BRO??? WHAT WE WILL DO IN EXPANSION THAT JUST ADD SHIT TON OF CONTENT???

Hasnt the playerbase been complaining about too much uneeded extraneous shit for several years now? Sure we don't have something like Torghast or Island expeditions. But on the flipside we don't have someting like Torghast or Island Expeditions.

Is it too much of a stretch to assume that the absence of these distracting elements from gameplay will improve the complete experience? Or generally mean less issues for the playerbase to complain about incessantly until its removed?

And of course, Shadowlands had a dumb plot, and many players didnt like the covenant stuff. But the biggest issue were the droughts, and why would anyone assume that those would be back at this point? Another pandemic? War between Russia and Ukraine spreading further?

Some players are simply excited by the possibility of a simple expansion done well, rather than a good expansion botched by distracting elements, awful writing, or grind. Elements that are either not currently in Dragonflight, nor reasonable to expect at this late point.

10+ Year Old Account

Not really sad days, but you didn't really explain yourself either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I mean, weren't a lot of people in this thread like super hyped about the new open world content? Isn't it unlocked yet? Because I've neither heard not read anything exciting about it. I know how many posters here put a lot of hope into a supposedly new kind of open world content.

Well I was not hyped much at all for Shadowlands, but I am for Dragonflight. So I guess we are at an impasse.

Some players are simply excited by the possibility of a simple expansion done well, rather than a good expansion botched by distracting elements, awful writing, or grind. Elements that are either not currently in Dragonflight, nor reasonable to expect at this late point.
    And that's fine? I didn't say anything against it, I even said I am excited. But I can totally see why this expansion could be disliked by a lot of players simply due to how simplistic and - from a gameplay perspective - boring it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Oh Jesus, Nyel&co are in that mode again. Oh tell me again fellas how no one will be hyped about this game that will sell ~3.5M or more copies before 2nd day.
    Nobody, really nobody cares about that. I have no idea why you bring this useless number up again and again. It has zero meaning and tells nothing about an expansion. Absolutely nothing.

I mean, weren't a lot of people in this thread like super hyped about the new open world content? Isn't it unlocked yet? Because I've neither heard not read anything exciting about it. I know how many posters here put a lot of hope into a supposedly new kind of open world content.
    Dragonriding is the open world content so far. And with few exceptions I hear nothing but rave reviews about it. Personally only tried the Soar variant available to Dracthyr, but that was enough to convince me to be excited.

The new open world content has also been available for testing a good while now. There are elemental invasions in the different zones. Communal summoning rituals. World Quests of course.

There is content. There is even Dragonflight unique open world content. Just because you refuse to accept its there doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Dragonriding is the open world content so far. And with few exceptions I hear nothing but rave reviews about it. Personally only tried the Soar variant available to Dracthyr, but that was enough to convince me to be excited.

The new open world content has also been available for testing a good while now. There are elemental invasions in the different zones. Communal summoning rituals. World Quests of course.

There is content. There is even Dragonflight unique open world content. Just because you refuse to accept its there doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
    I refuse to accept it? Where did I ever doubt that? I guess you and all the others just drastically lowered your expectations, because what you've listed is stuff that is neither new nor fresh (besides the Dragonriding stuff related "content"). I remember how you and others were super excited about the - then - unannounced new open world content. To hear now that it's just related to Dragonflying (and invasions which we had one way or another since Legion or some "rituals" that summon enemies) is a bit funny to me.

By the way, I just replied to the other guy that seemed to be whelmed by the expansion, I didn't want to get into an argument with someone who's thoroughly liking it - that's totally fine.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-09-18 at 09:25 PM.