Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I refuse to accept it? Where did I ever doubt that? I guess you and all the others just drastically lowered your expectations, because what you've listed is stuff that is neither new nor fresh (besides the Dragonriding stuff related "content"). I remember how you and others were super excited about the - then - unannounced new open world content. To hear now that it's just related to Dragonflying (and invasions which we had one way or another since Legion or some "rituals" that summon enemies) is a bit funny to me.

By the way, I just replied to the other guy that seemed to be whelmed by the expansion, I didn't want to get into an argument with someone who's thoroughly liking it - that's totally fine.
    I do not know man, but I am pretty excited for DF, because it seems that it would just let me play without annoying fucking systems. Just fucking let me play.

I enjoy the world, let me go through new zones without having to earn conduits, and legendaries, and without another stupid table of followers (my God, so happy that they have not make one for DF).

Plus Dragonriding seems very cool, dungeons and raids are not my thing, but they are always good. Art is always good. Reputations seems more interesting with a more varied open world content. It seems that I would be able to expend hundreds of hours on proffesions vs current ones (just level them and meh). I actually think that I might become very hooked to proffesions.

Plus, the most important thing my friend. Content. Content patches. WoD and SL were a failure for the lack of it (among other things, SL especifically was so stupid in so many aspects that I cannot believe how they made that fucking piece of shit)

I believe that DF will have the best post expansion launch content of any expansion. Why? I do not know, I might be reading too much between the lines in the interviews made to Blizzard, but I think that they will really surprise us in this regard.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for the xpac mainly for the new class. I'll need to get my hands on it but it looks like it'll fix my one issue with playing a caster/healer.
    But it'll also be nice to have gear back to being the only "borrowed power". I don't want to be forced to do content I don't want to just so I can perform in the content I actually like.

I just hope that they don't ruin it by timegating the dragonriding glyphs or something.

It would be nice if they'd give Dracthyr some traditional style mount/flight similar to running wild, it could even be sold via tome like monk flight. It just looks awkward mounting up on a Dracthyr and I don't like the visage forms too much.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-09-18 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Let's be honest: If you're not super into playing Evoker, what else is there? New dungeons, new zones and a new raids. That's about it. New talents are nice and that, but don't change anything or alter the playstyles drastically. Here and there are some new builds that mostly play like the iteration of the spec you've been playing since Legion. Dragonriding is a useless fluff feature and besides that? Dragonflight is just not exciting when you're not interested in Evoker. It feels more like an improved status quo than a new expansion.

I'm looking forward to it because of Evoker, but that's about it.
    "if you arent interested in the new class , ALL THERE IS, IS THE ENTIRE REST OF THE GAME"

interesting point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I do not know man, but I am pretty excited for DF, because it seems that it would just let me play without annoying fucking systems. Just fucking let me play.

I enjoy the world, let me go through new zones without having to earn conduits, and legendaries, and without another stupid table of followers (my God, so happy that they have not make one for DF).

Plus Dragonriding seems very cool, dungeons and raids are not my thing, but they are always good. Art is always good. Reputations seems more interesting with a more varied open world content. It seems that I would be able to expend hundreds of hours on proffesions vs current ones (just level them and meh). I actually think that I might become very hooked to proffesions.

Plus, the most important thing my friend. Content. Content patches. WoD and SL were a failure for the lack of it (among other things, SL especifically was so stupid in so many aspects that I cannot believe how they made that fucking piece of shit)

I believe that DF will have the best post expansion launch content of any expansion. Why? I do not know, I might be reading too much between the lines in the interviews made to Blizzard, but I think that they will really surprise us in this regard.
    its weird how people will think something is bad just cus they arent interested in it. I have no interest in football. but there are 100s of millions of people who are. "i'm not interested in it" , then dont interact with it. No one is asking you to be subbed to the game 12 months a year
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Let's be honest: If you're not super into playing Evoker, what else is there? New dungeons, new zones and a new raids. That's about it. New talents are nice and that, but don't change anything or alter the playstyles drastically. Here and there are some new builds that mostly play like the iteration of the spec you've been playing since Legion. Dragonriding is a useless fluff feature and besides that? Dragonflight is just not exciting when you're not interested in Evoker. It feels more like an improved status quo than a new expansion.

I'm looking forward to it because of Evoker, but that's about it.
    How do the new talent trees not drastically alter gameplay lol?

So far I haven't seen anything I'm particularly excited about in Dragonflight, I'm not really down on the expansion, just sorta meh about it.

I will try it for a few months and see what I think.

Dungeons and travel will be the two biggest deciders for me.

I'm excited for Dragonflight, but I hope they announce the release date at least 60+ days before the actual release.

I'm really disliking how everything regarding schedule information is being handled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I'm excited for Dragonflight, but I hope they announce the release date at least 60+ days before the actual release.

I'm really disliking how everything regarding schedule information is being handled.
    Wrath launches on Sept 27th. After that they can announce prepatch for Oct 25th and DF launch for Nov 29th.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Seems like he is back to diminishing expansion with his "DF has nothing". How do these people operate, anyway? He and the likes of him post and discuss normally (or stay silent), then suddenly they go into "DF has nothing/will fail lol", making shit up as they go. "Dragonriding is useless and stolen from Guild Wars", "Evokers aren't content", "new talents wont change a thing" etc. Mood swingy af.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-19 at 05:20 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody, really nobody cares about that. I have no idea why you bring this useless number up again and again. It has zero meaning and tells nothing about an expansion. Absolutely nothing.
    Remember folks, sale numbers doesn't matter and nobody, nobody cares about it. I guess we must listen to bitching circlejerk where we complain that sky is falling no matter direction Blizzard will take. That matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Remember folks, sale numbers doesn't matter
    I mean, they don't.
    The only people to whom they matter are Blizzards management team.

To us they mean absolutely jackshit and have no bearing on the quality of the expansion.
    WoD peaked back up to 10 million subs and sold god knows how many copies, yet we all know how that turned out.
    Look at every tripple A game that sold millions and then flopped like a fish out of water.

I find the complaints about DF stupid, crafting, renown and Dragonriding make up more than enough for all the utterly unecessary fancy expansion features that we could've gotten.
    But sales numbers don't indicate anything of importance for us as the playerbase.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-09-19 at 05:35 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    But sales numbers don't indicate anything of importance for us as the playerbase.
    Well, increased sales tell us that people are always eager to come back.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, increased sales tell us that people are always eager to come back.
    I'd say it just means the marketing team did a fine job selling the expansion to people.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    "DF has nothing, why should I buy it?"

Buddy! Buddy! It's the same game you played for 17 years, just with new skins, new classes, etc.

You do PVE to work with players. You do PVP to work against players.
    You do content and gear up.

Like...what else do you expect from this game? If you expect it to turn into a different game, maybe play a different game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    To us they mean absolutely jackshit and have no bearing on the quality of the expansion.
    Of course not, especially in the long run. It's complety uknown how well DF will be supported. But we were discussing hype around game, all I said that sales number is way better measure than complains from people that are never satisfied.

And there won't be any reliable measurement of expansion quality beside your personal one. 'General public' will love expac on launch, complety hate somewhere around .1 or .2, then just accept it after last major patch.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-09-19 at 06:56 AM.

Personally I'm fairly excited about the talent changes. I've had a blast fooling around with them on PTR, my main definitely is the type of spec (tankadin) that will easily make use of MANY builds and I'm even exciting to check if this talent system allows for some broken soloing old content (the potential really is there for tankadins with substantial single target from shield spam and sizable absorbs).
    I really appreciate the rotation for M+. I know this might be an uncommon view but I love to tank, enjoy M+ but have real trouble learning 8+ routes at the start of each season. The fact that I can practice and learn the pulls for four of those dungeons at my leisure so only four will need to be learned on a challenging setting (and by the second season I will have ample time to figure out the other four plus the new rotational ones) really makes me excited for M+.
    And I am excited for crafting. I probably won't need much of the gear (though I am VERY sure everyone will be wearing two pieces of crafted gear at all times)

As for there not being anything new when it comes to world content; my understanding from the Renown datamining is that there are multiple events tied to each faction plus the Elemental Invasions and a bit of grinding on the side (and many people enjoy grinding mobs especially if there is some challenge to it).

The one thing I am NOT excited for is the story. The Malfurion thing is downright depressing and I am hoping they will not go through with it, the story seems extremely formulaic (empower the five McGuffins! again! that you never heard before!) and my trust on the writers is non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    This is based on what exactly? I mean the beta doesn't support this at all. This is the hopetimism many here had around Dragonflight, but as of now it's based on basically nothing. Where does this sentiment come from?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I just listed a very specific open world content being added beside dragonriding. The elemental invasions. It even has unique high quality transmog rewards for every armor type.

The reputations being improved with the Renown system as well, with added benefits of making it easier for alts to get the later profession related rewards, which mostly fixes the issue some players have had with profession progression gated behind reputations.

Zones are significantly larger, which changes the feel of content being consumed in said zones.

And of course professions are being given a lift in terms of importance, which ties more into the open world gameplay. The fact that the professions give armor that is higher quality in terms of ilvl and appearance also means that said open world gameplay will have a more distinct progression.
    All of what you listed is just an improvement of already existing stuff and not new. I don't want to degrade that per se, but it definitely is not a new approach or innovative new max level content, which was the thing a lot of players in this thread expected before we got to see what really is there. Again, because a lot of peopel just seem to overlook when I write that: Blizzard improving the base game systems is mandatory and good. That was never in question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    How do they? Most specs still function and play exactly the same as before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    "if you arent interested in the new class , ALL THERE IS, IS THE ENTIRE REST OF THE GAME"

interesting point
    Feature vs. content discussion. Read the initial post I replied to and you should understand my answer.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-09-19 at 09:07 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    It is true that Dragonflight lacks thw flashy new boxquote feature like Warfronts, Island expedition, Torghast or covenants, and instead of that focuses on rebuilding and strenghtening the foundations with profession and talent revamps.

And given how much people disliked all of those mentioned on features, and the abysmal state of professions and borrowed power systems, I'd say DF priorities haev been chosen right.

I'd say it just means the marketing team did a fine job selling the expansion to people.
    This. And nothing else. An expansion can sell 3.5 million in 24h and still completely tank after the initial hype. We don't know and that's why these 24 hour sales do not matter at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And given how much people disliked all of those mentioned on features, and the abysmal state of professions and borrowed power systems, I'd say DF priorities haev been chosen right.
    That wasn't the initial argument though.

All of what you listed is just an improvement of already existing stuff and not new. I don't want to degrade that per se, but it definitely is not a new approach or innovative new max level content, which was the thing a lot of players in this thread expected.
    And Torghat was just an improvement on Island Expeditions, which were only an improvement on Scenarios, which were only an improvement on doing all quests in the regular instances open world.

Dragonriding is "only" an improvement on flying, but it's also a pretty massive improvement that makes that feature infinitely better.

The new talents are "only" an improvement on the old talents. But it's also a needed update that gives the players far more leeway in how to customize your spec.

Gradual improvements is how WoW gets better. Acting like they don't count is just disingenous.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Seems like he is back to diminishing expansion with his "DF has nothing". How do these people operate, anyway? He and the likes of him post and discuss normally (or stay silent), then suddenly they go into "DF has nothing/will fail lol", making shit up as they go. "Dragonriding is useless and stolen from Guild Wars", "Evokers aren't content", "new talents wont change a thing" etc. Mood swingy af.
    I just replied to another comment. That's all I did before y'all jumped on me and tried to downplay any criticism. By the way:

1. Dragonriding is stolen from Guild Wars 2 (fact).
    2. Evokers aren't content, they're a feature (fact).