Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What Class/Spec are you LEAST excited for in Dragonflight?

Title says it all. What Class/Spec are you LEAST excited for in Dragonflight and why? Did they mess up your talents? Is it the talent pathing? Is the pacing wrong? Does it just not stack up against the other options available?

For me It's Havoc DH. They stretched out an already bare spec to fill out these talent trees. Like the baseline eye beam we have now got fractured into 3 different talents. I really have to spend a point to make sure it always crits like it does now and has since the class released in Legion? Bitch please

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it too early to judge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Frost DKs from what I can tell. There's practically nothing new to the spec and they've kept that horribly clunky but overpowered chill streak (baked it into the talent tree even) so will continue to be one trick cleaving ponies. Comparing the spec to UH which basically got a shiny new disease based build kinda makes me sad.

Ret Paladin has had almost no changes since beta trees launched besides being nerfed inexplicably. As it stands now, not super stoked for it. Hopium that they are actually going to do something with it, otherwise I'll probably play something else sadly.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Ret Paladin has had almost no changes since beta trees launched besides being nerfed inexplicably. As it stands now, not super stoked for it. Hopium that they are actually going to do something with it, otherwise I'll probably play something else sadly.
    LOL and what's up with blizzard pushing ret pally to use converation and MY GOD they still kept the pony...

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Isn't it too early to judge?
    not talking about numbers and tuning. Talking about design philosophy and concept, so no, not too early

Evoker.

No one asked for this, looks clunky, weird range, limited to one race and that one race is limited to only evoker class.

Don't like it at all.

Necromancer or even tinker (with turret focus) would've been much more interesting.

The ones I don't play of course
    MMO Champs :

MM Hunter, Rapid Fire and Trueshot seem to be staying the way they are so my main since TBC is headed straight for the shelf.

Luckily I have a metric ton of transmog for the Evoker!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Title says it all. What Class/Spec are you LEAST excited for in Dragonflight and why? Did they mess up your talents? Is it the talent pathing? Is the pacing wrong? Does it just not stack up against the other options available?

For me It's Havoc DH. They stretched out an already bare spec to fill out these talent trees. Like the baseline eye beam we have now got fractured into 3 different talents. I really have to spend a point to make sure it always crits like it does now and has since the class released in Legion? Bitch please
    Paladin, especially Retribution. There's nothing new, there's no flexibility in how you spec, mobility is getting worse. There's just no spark there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Evoker.

No one asked for this, looks clunky, weird range, limited to one race and that one race is limited to only evoker class.

Don't like it at all.

Necromancer or even tinker (with turret focus) would've been much more interesting.
    Kinda has to make sense though. Introducing in the dragon isles of the dragon expansion where the necromancers reside???

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    MM Hunter, Rapid Fire and Trueshot seem to be staying the way they are so my main since TBC is headed straight for the shelf.

Luckily I have a metric ton of transmog for the Evoker!
    Hehe.... that you'll almost never see.

I'd say right now my least interesting is Ele Shaman, my most interesting is BrM Monk.

I'm hoping soon Bear will be interesting again. I'd say its pretty low on the list right now, but if its slated for big changes we shall see.

Evoker - either of them

As a shaman main, elemental is about to get royally screwed over, moreso that evoker brings bloodlust instead of some other class's utility.

also, the dracthyr models look kind of dumb, and kind of alliance leaning only. The fact that so many other dragons choose their visage race, but dracthyr are stuck with weird human/elf looking things is such a turn-off dynamic for Horde.

Where are the dracthyr that want to look like Chromie or Ebonhorn? Really missed opportunity here.

Also, the people who will play them are the same people who have been rping as dragons since day 1, and are insufferable. Now they are legitimized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Kinda has to make sense though. Introducing in the dragon isles of the dragon expansion where the necromancers reside???
    They're setting themselves up for failure by requiring a new class to always fit the current "theme" of the expac. It won't matter next expansion that evokers came from Dragonflight, for example.

Not to mention SL was the expac that SHOULD have had a new class, and necro would have been a really solid fit, and yet nothing.

They're setting themselves up for failure by requiring a new class to always fit the current "theme" of the expac. It won't matter next expansion that evokers came from Dragonflight, for example.

Not to mention SL was the expac that SHOULD have had a new class, and necro would have been a really solid fit, and yet nothing.
    So all in all, you are just mad that you didnt get the class you wanted?

1. they dont "require it", they just think its better, and they are right...
    2. no, it "should" get a new class by the pattern people MADE UP blizz never said theres any pattern, they added classes when they want, and people made pattern from it, and then act surprised blizz didnt follow the pattern they never planed for

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    So all in all, you are just mad that you didnt get the class you wanted?
    hit the nail on the head

Warrior. It was my main since Vanilla. When they changed the sounds I want to say in Warlords, it became unplayable to me. They didnt change anything for Dragonflight with warriors but I can't get excited for them anymore.

I haven't done testing on all classes yet, but probably Paladins. There are tons of specs with cool new builds and combinations, imo (even if some of them are still NYI), but the Paladin trees are pretty 'meh' for me, and the Holy tree has waaaay too many HL/FoL talents for my liking.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I got beta it basically told me what I already knew, but now set in stone for me.

Evoker.

Such a silly thing to play..( dont know whats worst the 2 models or the animations and effects) I just cant see myself play this for a long time. It felt extremely limited, there are no other options if you dont like it. Hard pass.

Frost dk and ret both had very little new things. Frost dk had some new stuff last build, but honestly not that mindblowing. Shame cus I played both.

Shadow so far is winning. Its succeeding in offering multiple playstyles and old and new stuff returning is making it fun.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-09-19 at 01:17 PM.

Err guardian druid, which is my main actually. I feel like it’s been forgotten about, but as long as it’s functional…