Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played Resto Druid since Vanilla. In vanilla and the earlier expansions there used to be Spirit on gear, and there was also MP5 at one point. Some rare pieces even had Spirit AND MP5 on it. While some healers would gear for throughput, I would always gear for regen as much as absolutely possible (Dual Solace of the Fallen trinkets, etc). I would basically keep Lifebloom up on the tanks while spamming my most expensive spell (Regrowth) on the raid as much as possible. It was a much more simple style of healing compared to how I heal now, but it had a strong appeal at the time since it involved casting spells basically as fast as I could throughout the entire fight with almost no regard for mana, and I was able to do a TON of healing. I had a program to measure how many times I clicked my mouse and I actually clicked my mouse over 30,000 times in a single raid night at one point. I would wear out the buttons in my mouse in about 6 months.

It was a difficult adjustment for me when they got rid of mana regen as a stat (Spirit and MP5 removed as stats), and made it so that you could not gear for regen aside from a few oddball trinkets here and there. I hated feeling like I was being forced to heal in a totally different way than I had before (a much more significant change compared to normal expansion changes), and this was the closest I've ever come to quitting the game.

But ultimately I stuck with it and in the end it probably made me a better healer overall. I actually learned how to properly factor mana efficiency into my healing, and make better use of my entire healing toolkit. If I remove nostalgia from the equation, then I guess I have to admit that it's better the way things are now. But there will always be a part of me that misses that infinite-mana, spam heals until your fingers stop working style of play. Of course I'm older now, I'd probably get carpal tunnel syndrome or something trying to play like that now.

"blizz is one of the good guys"

now it seems even worse than EA
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    hmm i seldom meet such people, so maybe if you have failing groups often consider its not "them" who is the issue...
    honestly, more often than people too bad for the content i met people "too good" for the content who screwed it up for everybody...
    I meet them every time I try to pug. People are horrible at the game. I'm doing +22-25s and they can't avoid avoidable damage, you die from the avoidable damage in these key levels.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2022-09-19 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    During WotLK I used to think PvP was all about skill, when it was mostly about comp and access to PvE gear.

Which is funny because, fast forward to WoD, I remember the marketing for it went along the lines of "Engage in epic PvP battles where skill is the deciding factor more than ever!". When in reality the victor in RBGs was decided by how many boomkins or warlocks with PvE trinkets were on your team.

Good times regardless, but that e-sports marketing can take a walk.
    Same. I thought WoW PvP had some credibility.

If they made PvP a static template for everyone, sure.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    If you only do PVE, likely never use interrupts, cc, or anything else other than dps abilities, you will probably feel like the game has too few buttons, actually.
    Who is that person? DPS only raid loggers who no one trusts to do any mechanics? People are expected to interrupt, CC and use group utility in all PvE content. Plus manage whatever macros and weak auras you have specific for certain encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Who is that person? DPS only raid loggers who no one trusts to do any mechanics? People are expected to interrupt, CC and use group utility in all PvE content. Plus manage whatever macros and weak auras you have specific for certain encounters.
    PvP still has way more buttons to press as you need focus and arena target keybinds to every single targeted interrupt and CC skill in the book, and RIP if your class has like 5~6 of those. I do wish most classes had around 4~5 active DPS abilities max, back in the day it was just affliction and survival hunters that had to juggle 8 different skills to Patchwerk something.

Wrong opinion (circa burning crusade): "maybe if I commit to PvE and get to endgame the game will finally actually be fun"

Reality: PvEers are obnoxious passive aggressive jerks who care more about optimizing the fun out of everything for the sake of getting a dopamine hit when they get a new item than about anything and anyone else

Correct opinion (consistently proving true for the past ten years): ganking and griefing those idiots is where the fun is at

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzabooey View Post
    Yes, this is why the post you are quoting says "one of the reasons", not "the one single reason".
    Let me reframe it then.

Absolute statements like that are almost always subjective and not objective.

Thinking as a kid that it would be a dream to work for Blizzard, knowing as an adult that they've always been the worst of the worst the game development industry had to offer.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Thinking as a kid that it would be a dream to work for Blizzard, knowing as an adult that they've always been the worst of the worst the game development industry had to offer.
    You have just as little information about Blizzard vs other gaming companies now as you did as a kid.

If you think Blizzard is even in the 50% worst gaming companies to work at you would probably be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    "Maybe the WoW community will one day be worth listening to."

Instead we got the likes of Asmongold and Bellular programming toxic cynicism to the masses and insisting that if WoW just becomes a different version of {insert game here} that all of its problems magically disappear.
    Bellular definitely. Dude knows he’s got a cult behind him so he raises the pitchfork of hot takes for views.

Asmongold is just a troll though. He’s got some bad fans that can’t detect sarcasm and run with what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    Wrong opinion (circa burning crusade): "maybe if I commit to PvE and get to endgame the game will finally actually be fun"

Reality: PvEers are obnoxious passive aggressive jerks who care more about optimizing the fun out of everything for the sake of getting a dopamine hit when they get a new item than about anything and anyone else

Correct opinion (consistently proving true for the past ten years): ganking and griefing those idiots is where the fun is at
    I thought WoW players got better at baiting.

You just proved me wrong.

That wow token is a nice addition.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    What I used to think: I used to think only raiders deserved epic labeled gear.

What I think now: Now I don't care.

What happened: Nothing happened, I just woke up one day and realized I stopped caring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That wow token is a nice addition.
    Oh shit this too. I thought it was cool when they announced it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    I thought WoW players got better at baiting.

You just proved me wrong.
    Just because you don't agree it doesn't mean it's bait.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You have just as little information about Blizzard vs other gaming companies now as you did as a kid.

If you think Blizzard is even in the 50% worst gaming companies to work at you would probably be wrong.
    A woman committed suicide because of the sexual harassment she received at the company, I am probably right.
    You just lost The Game

Reality: PvEers are obnoxious passive aggressive jerks
    oh, the irony...

there is no such thing as correct opinion, if something is correct its not opinion but a fact, if something is matter of opinion it doesnt have correct answer...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    I feel like there is probably so much more to this story than just "blizz employees bullied her so she killed herself"
    If you're asking, then yes it was more than bullying. Read all about it. In addition to being sexually intimidated by her direct supervisor her nude photos were spread around by male co-workers. And then Blizzard refused to corroborate with police, gave conflicting information, wiped her work devices and her manager went and removed items from her apartment the week she died. In the end, Blizzard settled behind closed doors for god knows how many tens of millions. And this is just one case that we know of, the problem is systemic.

Isn't it cool knowing that your hard-earned subscription moneys are helping Blizzard pay off the victims of their company culture instead of ya know just making a fun game.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    oh, the irony...
    It isn't because I'm not passively aggressive toward PvEers. I'm openly aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    I feel like there is probably so much more to this story than just "blizz employees bullied her so she killed herself"
    The employee in question was found dead at a Blizzard company retreat. Nudes of her had "leaked" (ie, passed around) the day before her death. Her boss was referenced as having brought sex toys with him on the company retreat. Her boss lost his job shortly after her suicide. Blizzard maintains that that her death is unrelated the DFEH's sexual harassment investigation but the whole situation paints a pretty damning picture of the type of work environment present at Blizzard.