Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I might be talking out of my ass, but I've understood GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are non-canon with the newer titles. GTA5 had Grove Street as a location, but it was different and there was nothing going on there, so I took it as mere homage. We might see something similar for Tommy's venues in GTA6, but no more than that.

Nico and the rest are a possibility, though, since Johnny was in GTA5. Another possible character is the one from Chinatown Wars, as the game's Liberty City was the same as GTA4's, suggesting canon.
    I was under this impression to, almost want to say thats Rockstars take because I know the idea didn't come out of thin air.

GTA 3, VC, and SA exist in their own universe

GTA 4 and 5 are in a different shared space/universe.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    so the Diner video I saw earlier got DMCA'd

The Ninjas are out
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I was under this impression to, almost want to say thats Rockstars take because I know the idea didn't come out of thin air.

GTA 3, VC, and SA exist in their own universe

GTA 4 and 5 are in a different shared space/universe.
    This is how it is. Ofc later games refer to older ones as easter eggs.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account

https://www.facebook.com/51752540096...UZaFrEL1xisXl/

Shame it had to happen to the devs. Though he executives deserve alot of the hazing they will get for this after milking gta5 so hard and treatment of RDR2.

From the images i did see it was looking pretty good for gta 6 and the videos by what i heard were of a much older build of the alpha
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird response, they act like someone died.

I mean it sucks to have shit leak like this when its not intended. It looks bad, but that's probably because it is in a very early stage. Its like someone judging your painting, saying that it sucks, eventhough you're far from done.

It's a multimillion dollar project...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's a multimillion dollar project...
    Who isn't going to buy the game because of the leak? There's dozens of them! Dozens!

Who isn't going to buy the game because of the leak? There's dozens of them! Dozens!
    It's not about the sales. It's about how much money they're losing right now trying to deal with the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they would only want to show what they want to show and not have cynical people pick apart old build stuff that more then likely changed.
    Had seen several prople comparing stuff to watchdogs cause of the floating boxes.
    Its not that people wont buy it. Just didnt get to tailor the hype they wanted to build.

People knew it was being worked on. Just got shown the Indev progress and not the fancy slide show. I would feel devastated too

10+ Year Old Account
    So Rockstar's validation of the leak all but outright-confirms the Vice City setting? My interest is now piqued.

It's not about the sales. It's about how much money they're losing right now trying to deal with the problem.
    I doubt its going to cost them anyhing significant.

NGL its tough to have much sympathi with the corp in general. They should have probably started making gta 6 way sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    GTA Online might be out $25 dollars. It's wild.

What money are they losing right now? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Forced to temporarily halt all development or network usage until the issue is fully resolved (i.e. no one can work but everyone is still being paid). Forced to probably completely switch or thoroughly restructure network and probably file systems to prevent any additional intrusion. Significant legal feels attempting to identify and seek damages from the third party. It "includes" the leaked footage, which means there's probably plenty of other things that were compromised--private information, financial information, etc. that they now have to pay to ensure the security or transfer to an uncompromised position for. Security regulations like GDPR might issue actual fines (in tens of millions) for any data or privacy loss.

If any of the actual game's structure was leaked, portions of that might also need to be re-written to prevent ease of exploitation on release. Any company that has any sort of security breach sees a dip afterwords, reduced confidence from investors and other non-consumer associations (because companies are hesitant to work with a company that is a liability). Early, janky in-dev footage may turn off some potential buyers (lol @ iT's 25 dOLlArS) and otherwise generates negative press they now have to spend even more marketing budget on, as well as making marketing's job more difficult to begin with because they're no longer ahead of the curve.

So, a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

So, a lot.
    By the sounds of it, no actual hacking itself took place and instead the person got in through social Engineering. So probably more retraining workers for Phishing scams then network rework...maybe... And the game's Structure is being held hostage. Source code for both gta5 and 6 being held at ransom.

They had a network intrusion. They ain't just gonna pretend it didn't happen and keep on going.

Also it seems to be the same person/people who hacked uber.

https://www.uber.com/en-GB/newsroom/security-update/

They FBI is getting involved in this.

They had a network intrusion. They ain't just gonna pretend it didn't happen and keep on going.

Also it seems to be the same person/people who hacked uber.

https://www.uber.com/en-GB/newsroom/security-update/

They FBI is getting involved in this.
    Wasn't Uber "hacked" by an 18 year old that duped an engineer into sending his login credentials? So...not really a hack so much as simple social engineering? Seems Uber's site says otherwise, but I'm wondering if they're looking to try to reframe what happened because it's a bit embarassing.

Which, if the same method was used to get the GTA6 footage then...basically reset passwords, make sure nothing was fucked with (probably not given they didn't appear to do anything while in Uber's system), and call it a day.

Wasn't Uber "hacked" by an 18 year old that duped an engineer into sending his login credentials? So...not really a hack so much as simple social engineering? Seems Uber's site says otherwise, but I'm wondering if they're looking to try to reframe what happened because it's a bit embarassing.

Which, if the same method was used to get the GTA6 footage then...basically reset passwords, make sure nothing was fucked with (probably not given they didn't appear to do anything while in Uber's system), and call it a day.
    Well it depends. If the guy got all the stuff just from a slack account he doesn't have the entirety of the source code. But Rockstar says they "suffered a network intrusion". It's possible he got the entirety of the source code and that's a big deal.

Their stock apparently dropped after the leak.
    Error 404 - Signature not found