Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    so...just the nostalgia?lol
    And you're just fawning over new things. New has to be better, right? why not just suck it up and figure out that your opinion is not the one to rule them all instead of using pathetic arguments when you've got nothing "so nostaliga? lol" XDD

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    And you're just fawning over new things. New has to be better, right? why not just suck it up and figure out that your opinion is not the one to rule them all instead of using pathetic arguments when you've got nothing "so nostaliga? lol" XDD
    yes,its so new,tottaly not longer from cata to today than from vanila to cata

Quote Originally Posted by Spikedhammer View Post
    The part I don't understand is that... Cataclysm still exists retail-side whereas Vanilla does not. Cataclysm overwrote Vanilla. That was its selling point and what predominantly counted/still counts as "Main Contintents" content to this day.

Cataclysm Classic makes no sense because Cataclysm literally broke Classic both in terms of the old data being pitched out and Azeroth itself being torn a new one in various places.

While I don't doubt they're going to try it "because money", the desire for Classic was for content that was no longer present, let alone curated, outside of private servers.
    I mean by this logic, if retail had the old world it'd be the same game as classic.

cata has plenty of stuff that is not present in retail.
    such as 10 man HC raids
    cata version of classes
    cata talent trees
    just the experience of the raids themselves, one of which is probably a top 3 raid tier (t11)

really the only thing that's the same is the world, in which, like it or not most people dont really spend their time anymore, people go in raids/bgs/arenas/dungeons 90% of the time not outside.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2022-09-20 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Honestly, 1 sub gets you retail and classic both. I seriously doubt that theres an extremely large percentage of players who ONLY play classic.
    You would be wrong.
    Blizzard themselves said that there was a rather small overlap between people playing Classic and people playing retail.

I would like to say before I type this, MoP was my favourite expansion and I do think it is when wow was completely and full balanced both for PvE and PvP. Also having account-wide achievements, mounts, pets ect... Is just when I think the game is well rounded perhaps? (Also the graphics and races were changed after MoP)

But regardless of my thoughts and opinions on that, I don't think its very 'classic like' to introduce Cata or MoP. I think you could argue Cata and MoP were the last true classic expansions but if they get to MoP when does it stop? Will classic just be forever 7 expansions behind retail?
    If classic+ is made then blizzard have to create new stories, new zones, new pvp titles, new mounst, quite literally new everything! I don't see them stopping on wrath because its so much work for something that lets be honest, is working and blizzard are making a lot of money from it. I don't see them changing something that is working so well, at least for now. In 10 years will people really care about playing a legion classic? I really don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikedhammer View Post
    The part I don't understand is that... Cataclysm still exists retail-side whereas Vanilla does not. Cataclysm overwrote Vanilla. That was its selling point and what predominantly counted/still counts as "Main Contintents" content to this day.

Cataclysm Classic makes no sense because Cataclysm literally broke Classic both in terms of the old data being pitched out and Azeroth itself being torn a new one in various places.

While I don't doubt they're going to try it "because money", the desire for Classic was for content that was no longer present, let alone curated, outside of private servers.
    So what you are saying is that TBC and WotLK Classic is holly pointless? Because all that content is still in the game. You can still go to Shadowmoon Valley and do the questlines leading up to Illidan, and you can still go back to Icecrown and knock yourself out with the Argent Tournament dailies.

There is no argument for why Cata should not get a Classic variant when TBC and WotLK did that doesn't just devolve into just plain not liking Cata, which is absolutelt a subjective take.

The only true argument for post-vanilla Classic is that you want to play that version of the classes, in a version where that content was fully relevant, alongside a pool of like-minded players. And Cataclysm does have its fans.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how could anyone say this unironicaly?i mean sure,an argument could be made for a few,but in most cases the changed ones were way better for multiple reasons,layout,design,graphics,story flow,quest structure

for example,how is old tanaris better than new one? or silverpine,hillsbrand,i have a ton of nostalgia for old hillsbrand,but i know for a fact the revamp changed it for the far better
    This is your opinion obviously. One I absolutely disagree with. I love the old world, I hate what Cata did to it.

Go fuck yourself, OP.

Is any part of Cata no longer accessible beyond the pre-expansion events? E.g. with MoP we lost the legendary questline (why I will never understand) but honestly you could see the content of TBC and Wrath still today on retail.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    strong disagree. Classic is about reliving the expansion and going through the experience like the first time (maybe even for the first time), not about seeing content that is no longer available.

You still have your vanilla realms available if you are so strongly agaist cata, mr classic andy.
    I 3d print stuff

Cata was amazing,only bad thing were last 2 bosses in dragonsoul

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    ...anyway, it isn't a controversial take to say that Blizzard has absolutely no desire to live develop two different MMOs. Classic has always been (and always will be) a way to repackage existing content. There are few things in this world that I am more certain of than the fact that Classic will never have its own content.
    Yeah this is nonsense.

Cataclysm classic is still classic. The expansion has passed therefore is classic. Classic is nothing more than rerelease.

If you don’t want to play cata, don’t play it.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Eh .. I prefer the old world, but let's not pretend that is the main reason for classic TBC and LK, cause it holds little to no relevance when 90% of one's time is in Outland or Northrend.
    It's very simple ... the content was solid and the game was fun to play with no bullshit systems and the like.

Don't even care what they do with it as I'm not interested. If there are enough people who want it, have it, but I don't see any reason why I'd play Cata over retail as it's almost the same thing except for a shit system.

I'd be up for cata classic

But at the same time they ought to keep Vanilla, TBC, Wotlk as a yearly rotating cycle as well (or 18-24 months cycle). A TBC Season of Mastery would be a nice addition

Don't care about old, outdated and ugly version of wow that I already played through. Miss me with that nostalgia shit, no matter if it's classic/tbc/wotlk or cata.

Went through wotlk classic dk starting area for the promo mount and it was a horrible experience. The game looks old, feels old, animations are cringy, graphics are ugly, quests are unintuitive and on top of that I went through this dozens of times already. And that final quest - battle for lights hope chapel and it's 10 min preparation afk state? Wtf is that even supposed to be? I guess masochists don't mind this crap in the name of nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Don't care about old, outdated and ugly version of wow that I already played through. Miss me with that nostalgia shit, no matter if it's classic/tbc/wotlk or cata.

Went through wotlk classic dk starting area for the promo mount and it was a horrible experience. The game looks old, feels old, animations are cringy, graphics are ugly, quests are unintuitive and on top of that I went through this dozens of times already. And that final quest - battle for lights hope chapel and it's 10 min preparation afk state? Wtf is that even supposed to be? I guess masochists don't mind this crap in the name of nostalgia.
    This is why you have retail to play. I think you may be in the wrong thread.

BC and Wrath content still exists in the exact same way. If there is no point in cata there is no point in either of those versions.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    BC and Wrath content still exists in the exact same way. If there is no point in cata there is no point in either of those versions.
    They extended the design philosophy of vanilla. Cata destroyed it.

This si very true, Alot of people wanted Classic, because it no longer exists in the game, if they doa cata classic. Well we are back to where we are in retail So what are they going to do? Run 3 servers? Wrath, cata, and retail?