Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wotlk loot priority spreadsheet

Hello everyone, does anyone have some kind of spreadsheet with loot priority for raid leaders for P1 and beyond?
    Thanks

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    sorry for coming with a totally unproductive response and completely ignoring your question, but i hate how classic is all about doing what the guides say and following the spreadsheets.

Give the loot to your best players, hell, leave need/greed system in place. Have some fun with your guild, following a spreadsheet is toxic af imo and the 2% margin of dps is negligible, especially if the class lower down on the sheet is a more skilled player than the flavour of the month picker.

I assume you are also filling your raid team with the "meta roster" with an obligatory pre-raid bis gear set and leaving 0 room for flexibility. for content that is honestly easy af and can be cleared regardless of raid comp.
    I 3d print stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    sorry for coming with a totally unproductive response and completely ignoring your question, but i hate how classic is all about doing what the guides say and following the spreadsheets.

Give the loot to your best players, hell, leave need/greed system in place. Have some fun with your guild, following a spreadsheet is toxic af imo and the 2% margin of dps is negligible, especially if the class lower down on the sheet is a more skilled player than the flavour of the month picker.

I assume you are also filling your raid team with the "meta roster" with an obligatory pre-raid bis gear set and leaving 0 room for flexibility. for content that is honestly easy af and can be cleared regardless of raid comp.
    Well that is the majority of people. But for the small amout of players, for the min maxers this is what you want. Regardless of how hard the current content is. If you don't want to min max, you shouldn't join that kind of guild. And yes, naxx is definitely easy, but we are already looking into Ulduar and bosses such as yogg +0 25m aint easy.

Quote Originally Posted by lnds1337 View Post
    Well that is the majority of people. But for the small amout of players, for the min maxers this is what you want. Regardless of how hard the current content is. If you don't want to min max, you shouldn't join that kind of guild. And yes, naxx is definitely easy, but we are already looking into Ulduar and bosses such as yogg +0 25m aint easy.
    A spreadsheet to minmax is pointless in that fight. Its about execution. I agree with the other guy. It toxic AF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    A spreadsheet to minmax is pointless in that fight. Its about execution. I agree with the other guy. It toxic AF.
    Well what are you gonna do...no amount of shaming is gonna get rid of the culture and what they are looking for is probably a quick Google search away and so whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Well what are you gonna do...no amount of shaming is gonna get rid of the culture and what they are looking for is probably a quick Google search away and so whatever
    You can't get rid of the culture but you should absolutely shame it whenever possible to try to minimize it.

That stuff infects the whole game. Remember trying to raid without stacking world buffs in classic vanilla? Gotta get summoned around the world for half an hour to make bosses die in 20 seconds. Compelling gameplay.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2022-09-20 at 09:28 AM.

Min/maxing? More like… Cringe maxing.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

People who commit to raiding wiht a guild actually want this

I can see what you mean for more casual content, but people who are willing to commit to x2 raids per week, REALLY want to know that the loot spread will be fair but also following common sense.

Why would you ask others how to handle loot?
    Ask guildies/officers how they want to see it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that is the majority of people. But for the small amout of players, for the min maxers this is what you want..
    If only it was just a small amount of players… but the truth is that classic is infested with this mindset and culture, i would argue that it is a small amount of players that don’t follow this toxic mentality - because if you don’t play like this, you won’t be invited to do anything and will be shamed for not minmaxing or playing a meta build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    People who commit to raiding wiht a guild actually want this

I can see what you mean for more casual content, but people who are willing to commit to x2 raids per week, REALLY want to know that the loot spread will be fair but also following common sense.
    All of wrath content is casual, and the person recieving the loot won’t change the outcome of progress, change my mind.

And to add on, fair logical loot spread would mean, to me, prioritizing loot to consistantlu good and active players, not to the meta pickers that recieve more +%dps on paper, when in reality they dont play to gcd perfection or have 90%+ parses.
    Last edited by Runicblood; 2022-09-20 at 10:09 AM.
    I 3d print stuff

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If only it was just a small amount of players… but the truth is that classic is infested with this mindset and culture, i would argue that it is a small amount of players that don’t follow this toxic mentality - because if you don’t play like this, you won’t be invited to do anything and will be shamed for not minmaxing or playing a meta build.

- - - Updated - - -

All of wrath content is casual, and the person recieving the loot won’t change the outcome of progress, change my mind.

And to add on, fair logical loot spread would mean, to me, prioritizing loot to consistantlu good and active players, not to the meta pickers that recieve more +%dps on paper, when in reality they dont play to gcd perfection or have 90%+ parses.
    Well... for that matter all games are casual content, even retail mythic raiding.. it is all a game afteralll...

The point is, I agree that people who show up should have priority over metas it. But priority should matter for certain cases, for example, giving the legendary healing mace farm to the right class or to the right player. You don´t want a trial resto druid who rarely shows up to start farming it... Because hey it´s casual and fun. This applies to a few more important items/upgrades.

Change my mind.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well you just confirmed my mindset - give the legendary mace to who deserves it, not the trial holy pala that just started raiding last week because the spreadsheet says he should have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Well... for that matter all games are casual content, even retail mythic raiding.. it is all a game afteralll...

The point is, I agree that people who show up should have priority over metas it. But priority should matter for certain cases, for example, giving the legendary healing mace farm to the right class or to the right player. You don´t want a trial resto druid who rarely shows up to start farming it... Because hey it´s casual and fun. This applies to a few more important items/upgrades.

Change my mind.
    I 3d print stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    You can't get rid of the culture but you should absolutely shame it whenever possible to try to minimize it.

That stuff infects the whole game. Remember trying to raid without stacking world buffs in classic vanilla? Gotta get summoned around the world for half an hour to make bosses die in 20 seconds. Compelling gameplay.
    But why..if people wanna do it then let em
    If this guy and his 24 friends wanna raid that way who are you tell him it's wrong. This is Wrath there are 3 server first titles up for grabs so it's gonna be competitive no matter how much you shame them for not wanting to play your way

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this guy and his 24 friends wanna raid that way who are you tell him it's wrong. This is Wrath there are 3 server first titles up for grabs so it's gonna be competitive no matter how much you shame them for not wanting to play your way
    Let’s be real now - the guy asking on a forum for a loot spreadsheet is not going to be among the server first candidates. Those titles are reserved for the people that are making the spreadsheets.
    I 3d print stuff

Guys I don't think you understand my question. I did not want to open a drama thread. I simply ask if someone made or has a reference to some "loot prioritization" sheet. As for example you want to gear certain classes with higher priority than other. I am just too lazy to search every single item and know its importance. I know few items which are obviously known but for the rest I don't have the knowledge.

We are semi-hardcore guild, not completly hardcore. We obviously want to follow certain meta, but we won't commit to it. We won't give very good items to a player who just plays the meta class but apart of that he/she is complete garbage (doesn't want to learn the class, late to raids, toxic etc.). But on the other hand we don't want to have simple dkp/epgp or group loot to distribute items. We want to have fair environment with a factor of HC guilds.

There is plenty of guilds who are casual and have RND group system. In fact there is dozents of players who are casual. Way more then those who want to focus on the game and make it more "hardcore".

If you have troubles with the current state the wow is in. Open another thread and whine there about it.
    Last edited by lnds1337; 2022-09-20 at 10:37 AM.

If you have troubles with the current state the wow is in. Open another thread and whine there about it.
    You must be new here

Hello everyone, does anyone have some kind of spreadsheet with loot priority for raid leaders for P1 and beyond?
    Thanks
    How can I put this simple to you. If you're incapable of deciding what is better for what class and have to rely blindly on what some spreadsheet says, then you're in a position where it doesn't matter because it won't make you better players.

Crazy how there is thousands of people on these forums and nobody asked

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    How can I put this simple to you. If you're incapable of deciding what is better for what class and have to rely blindly on what some spreadsheet says, then you're in a position where it doesn't matter because it won't make you better players.
    Well, I will try to explain it one more time to less understanding people. I AM TOO LAZY. I don't want to go through every single item and learn its importance. Wotlk is not a new expansion and these lists had surely been made already. I seek something from which I can jump on. Which would simply help me. If you don't have it, don't comment it. I couldn't care less.

This isn't a solo game. It's a social game. How other people play and what becomes the accepted way to play absolutely affects everyone.

Anyway, on topic if you have to ask this question it doesn't matter for you. If it actually made a difference for you you'd already know.